Pornography

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Marat phil
 
Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 03:30 am
@Eudaimon,
Eudaimon;157823 wrote:
Lonely in the sense that they don't have sex? Ah, what a grief!Smile


Lonely in the sense that they don't have CHILDRENS.
 
HexHammer
 
Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 03:49 am
@Eudaimon,
Eudaimon;157823 wrote:
First of all, I don't think that marriage is an outcome of love. Why is marriage necessary? What is marriage at all? I really don't understand what connexion it has with the pure love I am speaking about.
I asked a very simple question, if you are unable to answer it as all other questions I asked you it is because you are glaringly ignorent, and only have a very limited knowledge and understanding of the subject.

You have excelent rethorics, but that doesn't fool me, as it already have fooled another.
 
Eudaimon
 
Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 06:58 am
@HexHammer,
Marat;157855 wrote:
Lonely in the sense that they don't have CHILDRENS.

So, whom they need women or children? I mean that children may be adopted, therefore where is here loneliness?
Besides that children are not the thing that makes life happy and one can pretty happily live without them.

HexHammer;157860 wrote:
I asked a very simple question, if you are unable to answer it as all other questions I asked you it is because you are glaringly ignorent, and only have a very limited knowledge and understanding of the subject.

You have excelent rethorics, but that doesn't fool me, as it already have fooled another.

Hex, I see there is misunderstanding of me on thy behalf. I am not going to exercise in rhetorics and don't have time for that. What I am saying is an attempt to convey what I ACTUALLY feel, so be quiet on this account.
I think I gave thee clear answer on thy "simple question". I really think that the reason people enter in conflict (divorcement in particular) with each other is that they don't have true love to one another. If thou art unsatisfied with that, please ask what directly is unclear in my respond.
 
HexHammer
 
Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 07:10 am
@Eudaimon,
Eudaimon;157911 wrote:
Hex, I see there is misunderstanding of me on thy behalf. I am not going to exercise in rhetorics and don't have time for that. What I am saying is an attempt to convey what I ACTUALLY feel, so be quiet on this account.
I think I gave thee clear answer on thy "simple question". I really think that the reason people enter in conflict (divorcement in particular) with each other is that they don't have true love to one another. If thou art unsatisfied with that, please ask what directly is unclear in my respond.
There are nothing unclear in your respond, as you seemingly don't understand the concept of ignorence. I begin to think you just have a very distorted view on the whole matter.

This post doesn't change anything that I have stated earlier on your views.
 
Marat phil
 
Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 07:17 am
@Eudaimon,
Eudaimon;157911 wrote:
So, whom they need women or children? I mean that children may be adopted, therefore where is here loneliness?
Besides that children are not the thing that makes life happy and one can pretty happily live without them.


Midlife crisis it is revaluation of vital values. If in 45 years you won't have your children you will compare itself to happy friends and outer peoples. And you will understand that remained the loser.
 
Eudaimon
 
Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 10:56 pm
@Marat phil,
HexHammer;157916 wrote:
There are nothing unclear in your respond, as you seemingly don't understand the concept of ignorence. I begin to think you just have a very distorted view on the whole matter.

Yes, perhaps I do not understand the concept of ignorance. Try to explain what thou meanst thereby.
 
prothero
 
Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 11:19 pm
@awoelt,
I have to say I have had a very successful professional career but as I get older my children appear to be the bigger and more enduring accomplishment in my life. I think this is not an uncommon experience for men as they age (relationships and family assume greater importance and significance).

As for pornography (no one ever caught a sexually transmitted disease or got pregnant) over the internet. So for the curious or the inclined it seems safer than the alternatives (excluding exploitation of minors or the unaware or unwilling of course).
 
HexHammer
 
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 01:15 am
@Eudaimon,
Eudaimon;158230 wrote:
Yes, perhaps I do not understand the concept of ignorance. Try to explain what thou meanst thereby.
Let's just say you imo know only 1/4 of all there is to know about love, then you go off assuming you know EVERYTHING about love, by that it would only be a matter of time before you would get sufficient knowledge about love to actually make some good result in providing advice ..etc.

..unfortunaly there's this thing as misconception, distorted thinking ..etc, which will prevent one from ever understanding more of given subject, that's why only so few becomes geniouses, because the majority are too stupid ..riddled with fauly thinking.
 
Eudaimon
 
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 07:25 am
@Marat phil,
HexHammer;158286 wrote:
Let's just say you imo know only 1/4 of all there is to know about love, then you go off assuming you know EVERYTHING about love, by that it would only be a matter of time before you would get sufficient knowledge about love to actually make some good result in providing advice ..etc.

..unfortunaly there's this thing as misconception, distorted thinking ..etc, which will prevent one from ever understanding more of given subject, that's why only so few becomes geniouses, because the majority are too stupid ..riddled with fauly thinking.

Well, if that's all what thou hast to say... I do not know what it means to know 1/4 or 1/17 of feeling, because feeling is not a phenomenon we can gain knowledge of. It's not like we sit around it and start anatomising that and one can say he knows what this organ is for. In our situation we can't even agree what we are talking about. I know what I'm speaking of and I describe that. If that's not what thou callst "love", then?.. Excuse my faulty thinking, o sage.

Marat;157921 wrote:
Midlife crisis it is revaluation of vital values. If in 45 years you won't have your children you will compare itself to happy friends and outer peoples. And you will understand that remained the loser.

What if in the midlife crisis, at the age of say 45, I suddenly realise that at the time when everybody was enjoying pornography, sex etc., I was fooling around with made up taboos and now I am impotent and feel like looser?
 
HexHammer
 
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 08:03 am
@Eudaimon,
Eudaimon;158392 wrote:
Well, if that's all what thou hast to say... I do not know what it means to know 1/4 or 1/17 of feeling, because feeling is not a phenomenon we can gain knowledge of. It's not like we sit around it and start anatomising that and one can say he knows what this organ is for. In our situation we can't even agree what we are talking about. I know what I'm speaking of and I describe that. If that's not what thou callst "love", then?.. Excuse my faulty thinking, o sage.
 
JPhil
 
Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 09:37 pm
@Khethil,
Khethil;111001 wrote:
Actually, he asked what might be the arguments for porn, not prostitution.

And in answer to that, I'm not sure a strong case could be made for it. Pornography takes visual and audio stimuli, which our species has a drive for, and seeks to capitalize on it monetarily. It taps into something very personal - right at the biological level - to snag some cash.

We've discussed the ethics of it, it's effects and the implications for both those 'performing' and those consuming, but I'm not sure I've ever seen this question asked like this. I'm curious to see any arguments for, as was asked.

Thanks



It's amazing actually, how such a simple activity can make a culture obsessive over it. I mean literally, a women can just touch herself and there is the whole video , yet we find it so arousing for her to do so and ignoring that she's being used, even we are being used, degraded, etc. Throughout the post I haven't seen any one speak of the morals of this activity. pornography, but we are focused on freedom and rights. And it seems this is what society cares more about than what is moral. How can a society even progress, even more exist without some restrictions. But no we speak of what barriers can we break in order to defy what others believed and did in the past. What I mean is that there has to be some ground, some foundation for society to move forward or, because of rights, we will fall. You see our focus us more on what limits can the individual break but what about the whole population though. The decision of king is not based on the individual but on the whole country, well ay least a good king.
 
HexHammer
 
Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 10:10 pm
@JPhil,
JPhil;159779 wrote:
It's amazing actually, how such a simple activity can make a culture obsessive over it. I mean literally, a women can just touch herself and there is the whole video , yet we find it so arousing for her to do so and ignoring that she's being used, even we are being used, degraded, etc. Throughout the post I haven't seen any one speak of the morals of this activity. pornography, but we are focused on freedom and rights. And it seems this is what society cares more about than what is moral. How can a society even progress, even more exist without some restrictions. But no we speak of what barriers can we break in order to defy what others believed and did in the past. What I mean is that there has to be some ground, some foundation for society to move forward or, because of rights, we will fall. You see our focus us more on what limits can the individual break but what about the whole population though. The decision of king is not based on the individual but on the whole country, well ay least a good king.
Uhmmm, I'm sure you know of the concept of nudism, is that a selfdegrading lifestyle? Should that be outlawed?
Some find porn a degrading buisness, but least in Denmark there's fortunaly more porn actresses that are pro porn, than anti porn speakers.

Why are we not allowed to exibit our body in excatly the way we want?
 
JPhil
 
Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 06:08 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;159786 wrote:
Uhmmm, I'm sure you know of the concept of nudism, is that a selfdegrading lifestyle? Should that be outlawed?
Some find porn a degrading buisness, but least in Denmark there's fortunaly more porn actresses that are pro porn, than anti porn speakers.

Why are we not allowed to exibit our body in excatly the way we want?

Well it depends on how you are expressing and what it is. It's not that I want to fully limit peoples expression but I want to have discretion. Nudism, of which I'm surprised that there's a word for this, is not bad in it self but it depends on who's observing it. Really, why is being naked in front of your child not acceptable or rude. I mean what in the truth, does it matter that we limit anything, right? But you think of is what if everyone agreed not to have that limit, or to throw out those rules. What if the whole world agreed to do away with certain limits, then what will the world be. You see I'm not thinking of only my own likes but of the worse case scenario, the world.
 
HexHammer
 
Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 08:02 am
@JPhil,
JPhil;162119 wrote:
I mean what in the truth, does it matter that we limit anything, right? But you think of is what if everyone agreed not to have that limit, or to throw out those rules. What if the whole world agreed to do away with certain limits, then what will the world be. You see I'm not thinking of only my own likes but of the worse case scenario, the world.
Maybe it's just the fear of uncertainty? Most of the world ban drunk driving, but in Spain I know they allow drunk driving just as long as it's very low speed and in the emergency lane. In Denmark we fear guns and weapons, but doesn't really care for swearing and cursing, where it's excat opposit in USA.

Imo the world will still presist, we will still be decent and honorable, just as long as we can formulate rules that can control the usage of certain things that pose a potential risk factor.
 
harlequin phil
 
Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 04:59 pm
@awoelt,
awoelt;110552 wrote:
I am against porn. I know the argument against it. But i do not really understand the argument for it. Could anybody help me?:poke-eye:

4 the record i mean i think it is illogical to veiw porn. like red tube and playboy. that kind of ting


the argument for it? it's a pleasant way to spend some time. what is the argument for watching television, or playing tennis, or posting on internet forums?
 
Eudaimon
 
Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 03:26 am
@polpol,
polpol wrote:

When we look at the history of pornography, we see clearly that it's getting heavier, more and more unacceptable, more disgusting and immoral. Since pornography sells what goes beyond mainstream morals and practices, the more society is permissive and morally liberated, the more porno must come up with more "singularities" to sell, since the consumer becomes more demanding. Has anyone seen any pictures from the earliest era of pornography?

Yeah, now I understand this fully. Today pornography stresses the most pathological aspects of sex. I used to call this egoism, but it appears to be even worse. Well, to hire prostitute for the sake of quenching lust is surely immoral, disgusting etc., but pornography goes even beyond this limits. Pornography does not represent even that animal behaviour, I've criticised here, it shows people whose life consists of looking for new ways to have sex, with others, with objects, animals etc. This is sort of mental illness, pathology which is being imposed onto growing generation.
 
 

 
Copyright © 2014 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.06 seconds on 09/20/2014 at 08:03:24