1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Forgiveness
  4. » Page 2

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Acheick

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 09:24 am
max wrote:
I am on vacation it has been a National Holiday here.
I would suggest that you get yourself a full time job.
There must be employment in Texas.
The Oil industry is or was significant.
Haliburton are looking for various employees.
You appear confused as to the English "modus operandi"
However,I can no longer waste my time in answering your child like questions.
Good luck in the job market.
Have a nice day

Best Regards
Max

Keep your suggestions to yourself. You still have no idea what my line of work is or what I am doing. So that we can move on to other more important things, I will tell you that I do indeed have a job - I am gainfully employed, thanks but no thanks. I'm on vacation too. But I don't feel the need to answer to you, thank you very much. You say you're not going to waste your time answering me (you keep saying that), but you're still answering me. You're the one who is very, very confused.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 12:11 pm
Re: Forgiveness
max wrote:
I do not have the time to answer all of the questions and since many do not merit comment I shall not do so.

Smooth move there, Mark. When the questions get blunt and direct, you decline to answer them. Come on, you can do better than that.

max wrote:
Get together with your friends and former TF members and do something positive and proactive.

I did. Among other things, I've helped put together this Web site to document what I and many others like me have experienced and to make available an exhaustive source of reference and documentation to anyone interested in aspects of The Family that are not othewise made available to the public. Wouldn't you agree that this is far more proactive and positive than merely bitching about my past?

Mark, you seem convinced that I am a loser and yet you know nothing about me. You know nothing of the successful career I've built for myself. You know nothing of the wonderful family I've created.

But I understand where you're coming from. When I was in the Family, I used to be as arrogant as you are now. But no worries. I'm sure you'll grow out of it. Smile

max wrote:
It is the only way forward ...

While it may be the only way forward for you, it is not the only way. I've learned that there are as many was to "move on" are there are people on this planet. I'm sure you'll learn, eventually, that life isn't as polarized as you think.
max wrote:
... it may be hard to bring a case to bear the owness is on you to do so not me since I have no alleagations to bring against the TF.

The onus may not be on you to prove the accusations against them (nor did I ask you to do so) but since you are considering supporting them morally and financially, the onus will be on you to defend them. That is precisely what I was challenging you to do.

max 1

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 12:54 pm
If you feel you have been wronged and this related in a breach of the criminaland/or civil law then you must do something about it through a court of law.
That would be very proactive and positive.
It may be difficult to achieve but then anything worthwhile is invariably difficult.
As for providing financial support to TF I do not remember saying anything of the kind.
I have not said you are a loser.
What you think is one thing and what is fact is another.
Please do not put words into my mouth and make sure that you get your facts right before you make accusations.
There have always been leaders and followers in life.
It is a question of deciding or knowing which catergory you fall into?
Best regards

Max

WalkerJ 1

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 01:14 pm
max wrote:
As for providing financial support to TF I do not remember saying anything of the kind.

You said you are considering becoming a member. All members must tithe 10% of their income to WS. If you join, you would be required to support The Family financially. Did they not mention that part to you?

max wrote:
I have not said you are a loser.

Nor did I say you did.

I've found it helps to read things a couple of times before commenting on something I thought was said. Most of the time it turns out I read it wrong.

max wrote:
What you think is one thing and what is fact is another.

See, I knew you had some smarts in you. That's the motto I live by every day.

max wrote:
There have always been leaders and followers in life. It is a question of deciding or knowing which catergory you fall into?

Considering you plan to become a follower of Family leaders, I guess it's obvious that you fall into the latter of the two.

As for me, I spent 24 years being a follower and every year since then has been spent on learning to become a leader.

max 1

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 01:34 pm
You make some valid points.
However,you fail to comment on what if any actions you have taken on the legal front assuming you have a case to act upon.
As a director of a Multi- National Company I have been a leader for many years and continue to do so.
I am sure you must be aware that for organizations of any type to be successful they require talented and able human beings who can create wealth and power.
TF as you must know requires the services of the business community as much as they require a roof over their heads.
If you hate TF so much why did you spend 24years of your life as a member?
It seems to me that it took you a long time to make your mind up.
I presume that for some of these 24 years you were an adult and legally capable of making your own decisions.
I have to go play the stock market New York is busy.
Good luck

Max

Anonymous

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 03:13 pm
Quote:
I have met many holocaust survivors most of whom were children at the time of their incarceration into concentration camps. The horrors and abuse that they suffered one can only begin to imagine. They have gone on to lead full and positive lives and in many cases achieved greatness in their chosen professions and fields.

How many holocaust survivors have you visited on a psychiatric ward? How many research publications have you read about the survivors who didn't go on to leave full and positive lives? Do you know anything about the body of literature available about the emotional problems seen in the children raised by holocaust survivors?

As long as we're going to use anecdotal evidence to make a case, I know a Family abuse survivor who has achieved outstanding success in her chosen field. This does not change the fact that she is disabled by the damage to her brain's limbic system caused by the childhood trauma of rape and beatings. As I asked earlier, how many abuse survivors have you visited on a psychiatric ward?

Quote:
I think certain former members of TF and this forum should take a leaf out of their book and get on with their lives as they have done.
In many cases they have forgiven their tormentors not forgoten but forgiven. It is individauls like these that we can and should all learn from.

The argument you make actually reinforces the stigmatization of abuse survivors. By comparing those who go on to achieve some measure of greatness that appears to fly in the face of their childhood traumatization, you dismiss the essence of the extremely serious damage that is done to victims of childhood abuse.

Max, you may be a businessman, but you are no expert on what it takes to survive childhood abuse and go onto adult recovery. There is no expert in the field of abuse survivor treatment who talks about the need for the survivor to forgive the perpetrator as a step toward recovery. Only uninformed people think this is necessary for recovery. [/quote]

max 1

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 03:31 pm
I can as I state only speak of the individuals that I have met and comment on their achievements.
All this psycho babble and loose medical terminology is nonsense and implies to me a sign of weakness.
Lymbic system indeed!
Shape up or ship out is my motto.
It has worked well for me and many others and will continue to do so and I have been faced with adversity on many occasions.
There are times when you have to be strong otherwise you perish.
This is based on Darwin’s Evolutionary fact that only the strong survive.
That is not to say that I do not have sympathy for the weak they are part of society and one must try and help them if they want help.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 03:32 pm
max wrote:
...you fail to comment on what if any actions you have taken on the legal front assuming you have a case to act upon.

I'm sure you would agree that it would be stupid of me to disclose such actions or plans therof on a public Web site.

max wrote:
As a director of a Multi- National Company I have been a leader for many years and continue to do so.

That's wonderful. Just be prepared for the fact that if you decide to join The Family, you'll need to play the role of a follower if you want to remain a member. I know you don't agree with that, and I don't blame you. Maybe someday you'll understand what I mean.

max wrote:
I am sure you must be aware that for organizations of any type to be successful they require talented and able human beings who can create wealth and power.

One more reason why I left the Family. Family leadership lacks both the management skills, endurance and education to make the group truly successful.

max wrote:
If you hate TF so much why did you spend 24years of your life as a member? It seems to me that it took you a long time to make your mind up. I presume that for some of these 24 years you were an adult and legally capable of making your own decisions.

Didn't I cover all that already?

First, I do not hate the Family. I have not stated nor even implied as much. I hate what was done to me, but that is all. Why should I hate something that is essentially part of what I am today? Again, you've assumed something about me and have based your argument on it.

Second, I'll have to forgive your ignorance on the subject of being born and raised in a High-Demand Organisation. When one has been brought up with access to only a single theology, lifestyle and perspective on the secular world, the mental process of escaping that mindset is a complex one.

I told you before, I was a true-blue member. That is, until about 2 years before I left, when I began questioning things. I questioned the Family's doctrines. I questioned its leadership. I questioned the veracity of The Family's "enemies" claims.

When the answers I received didn't hold water, I continued questioning. Eventually, I came to the realization that I would never be able to reach my full potential while remaining a member of the Family. After that, it did not take long to make up my mind on what to do.

My only regret now is that I did not come to that realization earlier.

max wrote:
I have to go play the stock market...

Same here. Razz

As a side note: Please do not make the assumption that all users on this forum are likeminded. I'm not saying you have, I'm just giving some advice. I, for one, often disagree in whole or in part with statements made by ex-Family members.

Also, I think you'll find a vast difference in both opinion and experience between First Generation exmembers and the Second Generation ex-ers.

evanman

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 03:35 pm
Max, you obviously have little or no knowledge of Mental Health issues.

Perhaps you have not heard of Stockholm Syndrome.

Look it up on google, it may enlighten you.

It is amazing how many victims often defend their abusers. Such as battered wives, abused children, torture victims etc.

As one Englishman to another, you are coming across as being self-righteous and pompous.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 03:37 pm
max wrote:
That is not to say that I do not have sympathy for the weak they are part of society and one must try and help them if they want help.

A rather arrogant statement for a man of your intellect. Wouldn't you agree?

evanman

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 03:47 pm
max wrote:
Quote:

Max, just a bit of information for you. CoG/TF reject Darwinism, they believe that God made the world as the book og genesis describes it--in six literal days.

max 1

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 03:53 pm
Of course I would agree that it would be stupid to go into any detail but I assume from your answer that you have a legal case and are pursuing it?
I wish you success in the justice that you seek.

No I do not agree with you that if I join TF I will become a follower.
Still to pursue that issue would be pointless at this juncture.

If as you say TF lacks management skills, endurance and education then this needs to be rectified post haste.
If you are strong, powerful and experienced enough you can bring about these changes.
I was aware of the financial implications of joining TF, not to be so would be foolish.
They are not alone in raising funds in this manner.

I am pleased that you decided to leave TF on your own volition and that you were not asked to leave.
I am only surprised that since you are obviously an intelligent individual you were unable to come to this decision earlier.
As you say that is your loss.
At least you did so and I wish you luck and happiness in the World of consumerism.

max 1

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 03:56 pm
evanman wrote:
max wrote:
Quote:

Max, just a bit of information for you. CoG/TF reject Darwinism, they believe that God made the world as the book og genesis describes it--in six literal days.

That is something that requires changing but it can take time to bring about change.
I belive that certain schools in the Mid West of the USA teach creationist theory which also need changing.

max 1

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 04:03 pm
evanman wrote:
Max, you obviously have little or no knowledge of Mental Health issues.

Perhaps you have not heard of Stockholm Syndrome.

Look it up on google, it may enlighten you.

It is amazing how many victims often defend their abusers. Such as battered wives, abused children, torture victims etc.

As one Englishman to another, you are coming across as being self-righteous and pompous.

I have an MSc in Biochemistry and psychotropic medicine happens to be one of my company’s major revenue earning products’
It is an SSRI, which you can look up on Google if you need to.
My knowledge of mental health and the issues it raises is far greater than you suspect my friend.
I never said I was English did I?

max 1

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 04:16 pm
WalkerJ wrote:
max wrote:

A rather arrogant statement for a man of your intellect. Wouldn't you agree?

At times one has to be arrogant in order to be realistic.
People may not like but it is at times it is required.
Thanks for your compliments with respect to my high level of intellect.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 06:05 pm
max wrote:
No I do not agree with you that if I join TF I will become a follower. Still to pursue that issue would be pointless at this juncture.

I agree. It's all hypothetical at this point. I can only state what I have observed and experienced. If you plan on joining to become a leader, I wish you luck and hope you can rid The Family of its legacy. I believe making amends with the victims of abuse would be a large step in the right direction.

max wrote:
If as you say TF lacks management skills, endurance and education then this needs to be rectified post haste.

Indeed it does. But it begs the question, why wasn't it rectified earlier and why are the people who had the skills and capacity to make those changes no longer in The Family?

max wrote:
I was aware of the financial implications of joining TF, not to be so would be foolish. They are not alone in raising funds in this manner.

Quite right. They are, however, one of only a few unregistered organizations that collect money in this way. Most of the funds that flow through the organization is neither taxed nor tax-exempt. This will remain the case until they become registered as a legal organization, something they have avoided doing so far because a registered organization with assets makes for a better target in court.

max wrote:
I am pleased that you decided to leave TF on your own volition and that you were not asked to leave. I am only surprised that since you are obviously an intelligent individual you were unable to come to this decision earlier.

Some call it brainwashing, I prefer to call it mental conditioning (yes, I see the pun...washing vs. conditioner Smile ). When one is surrounded by any ideology for long enough, it becomes a reality to them. I'm sure you're familiar with the concept.

It takes a lot of strength and self esteem to go against the flow, especially when you've been told repeatedly you would fail and suffer the consequences if you tried (See the Traumatic Testimonies). I applaud those of my peers who were abandoned by their parents when they chose to leave at 16. Some of them went through hell, and yet they've had the tenacity to overcome that setback.

max wrote:
At least you did so and I wish you luck and happiness in the World of consumerism.

Thanks. Fortunately, I have the advantage of having been introduced to that World with a good head on my shoulders. When you know where the pitfalls are, it's easier to avoid them.

max wrote:

No problem. I expect the same in return. As I said earlier, I make no negative assumptions about you until I can prove otherwise.

Anonymous

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 07:07 pm
Re: Forgiveness
max wrote:
I do not have the time to answer all of the questions and since many do not merit comment I shall not do so.
However, Walker I am not a lawyer but if I had a legal case agaisnt someone or sombody I can assure you that I would pursue it.
I have done so on many occasions and although I have not always been the victor I have at least tried.
Get together with your friends and former TF members and do something positive and proactive.
It is the only way forward and although it may be hard to bring a case to bear the owness is on you to do so not me since I have no alleagations to bring against the TF.
Good luck and go for it and let me know how you go on.

"Get together with your friends and former TF members and do something positive and proactive" you say. Whenever we survivors of your dear Family's pedophilia and slavery have done that, we have been called sluts and liars.

Just watch, when the next legal effort comes along, how fast you will be calling it bitter, vendetta, negative, unforgiving.

Anonymous

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 08:34 pm
Dear Max:
Quote:
I can as I state only speak of the individuals that I have met and comment on their achievements.

Therefore, you are making a case for trauma survival based on anecdotal evidence. Religious people draw conclusions based on personal experience and anecdote. Evolutionary scientists, whom you seem to respect, talk about observation methods and causal models.

Quote:
All this psycho babble and loose medical terminology is nonsense and implies to me a sign of weakness. Lymbic system indeed!

All this "psychobabble" is based on neurochemistry, and you obviously know jack about neuroscience. Why don't you dismiss your endocrine system while you're huffing about "signs of weakness" and acting indignant about the audacity of someone referencing the brain's lymbic system. If your endocrine system gets damaged, you're likely to develop diabetes. But OH! That's just the babbling of neurochemistry, so no reason to bother treating your diabetes with insulin injections, because that implies a sign of weakness. A stiff upper lip should get you through the resulting insulin coma. I'm not going to go into the neuroscience of traumatic injury, but if you want to learn about something other than the business of religious scamming, start with a wikipedia search on "neurochemistry."

Quote:
Shape up or ship out is my motto. It has worked well for me and many others and will continue to do so and I have been faced with adversity on many occasions. There are times when you have to be strong otherwise you perish. This is based on Darwin’s Evolutionary fact that only the strong survive. That is not to say that I do not have sympathy for the weak they are part of society and one must try and help them if they want help.

You appear to be a deep well of compassion and empathy, grasshopper, and I have little doubt you will quickly rise to the top echelon of leadership in The Family should you choose to throw in with that lot. Seriously, your social darwinist hubris is mitigated by just enough obligatory piety to make you a truly convincing angel of mercy. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were one of Peter Kelly's young'uns. No doubt you know Peter, the current King of the TFI jungle? I'd love to see younger lions enter the sheepfold and take out the old fart.

The question is, are you willing to give old saggy-tit Queenie and a half-dozen other wrinkled aunties in the Unit a romp in the hay? Law of the jungle, grasshopper. Only the strongest and most cunning predators survive the emasculating lionesses who inhabit the House of the Open Pussy. About the time Queenie tells you to imagine that you're Jesus' sanctified cunt, come back and talk some more about psychobabble.

max 1

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 03:21 am
WalkerJ wrote:
max wrote:
No I do not agree with you that if I join TF I will become a follower. Still to pursue that issue would be pointless at this juncture.

I agree. It's all hypothetical at this point. I can only state what I have observed and experienced. If you plan on joining to become a leader, I wish you luck and hope you can rid The Family of its legacy. I believe making amends with the victims of abuse would be a large step in the right direction.

max wrote:

Indeed it does. But it begs the question, why wasn't it rectified earlier and why are the people who had the skills and capacity to make those changes no longer in The Family?

max wrote:
I was aware of the financial implications of joining TF, not to be so would be foolish. They are not alone in raising funds in this manner.

Quite right. They are, however, one of only a few unregistered organizations that collect money in this way. Most of the funds that flow through the organization is neither taxed nor tax-exempt. This will remain the case until they become registered as a legal organization, something they have avoided doing so far because a registered organization with assets makes for a better target in court.

max wrote:
I am pleased that you decided to leave TF on your own volition and that you were not asked to leave. I am only surprised that since you are obviously an intelligent individual you were unable to come to this decision earlier.

Some call it brainwashing, I prefer to call it mental conditioning (yes, I see the pun...washing vs. conditioner Smile ). When one is surrounded by any ideology for long enough, it becomes a reality to them. I'm sure you're familiar with the concept.

It takes a lot of strength and self esteem to go against the flow, especially when you've been told repeatedly you would fail and suffer the consequences if you tried (See the Traumatic Testimonies). I applaud those of my peers who were abandoned by their parents when they chose to leave at 16. Some of them went through hell, and yet they've had the tenacity to overcome that setback.

max wrote:

Thanks. Fortunately, I have the advantage of having been introduced to that World with a good head on my shoulders. When you know where the pitfalls are, it's easier to avoid them.

max wrote:

No problem. I expect the same in return. As I said earlier, I make no negative assumptions about you until I can prove otherwise.

Your views above do not merit further comment.
Have you seen the film "The Life Of Brian"? It always cheers me up no end and I reckon that is what you need a good old laugh.
After 24 years of mistakes anyone would.
Take care off to watch the Cricket I hope England win for once.

max 1

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 03:45 am
Re: Dear Max:
BlackElkk wrote:
Quote:

Therefore, you are making a case for trauma survival based on anecdotal evidence. Religious people draw conclusions based on personal experience and anecdote. Evolutionary scientists, whom you seem to respect, talk about observation methods and causal models.

Quote:
All this psycho babble and loose medical terminology is nonsense and implies to me a sign of weakness. Lymbic system indeed!

All this "psychobabble" is based on neurochemistry, and you obviously know jack about neuroscience. Why don't you dismiss your endocrine system while you're huffing about "signs of weakness" and acting indignant about the audacity of someone referencing the brain's lymbic system. If your endocrine system gets damaged, you're likely to develop diabetes. But OH! That's just the babbling of neurochemistry, so no reason to bother treating your diabetes with insulin injections, because that implies a sign of weakness. A stiff upper lip should get you through the resulting insulin coma. I'm not going to go into the neuroscience of traumatic injury, but if you want to learn about something other than the business of religious scamming, start with a wikipedia search on "neurochemistry."

Quote:
Shape up or ship out is my motto. It has worked well for me and many others and will continue to do so and I have been faced with adversity on many occasions. There are times when you have to be strong otherwise you perish. This is based on Darwin’s Evolutionary fact that only the strong survive. That is not to say that I do not have sympathy for the weak they are part of society and one must try and help them if they want help.

You appear to be a deep well of compassion and empathy, grasshopper, and I have little doubt you will quickly rise to the top echelon of leadership in The Family should you choose to throw in with that lot. Seriously, your social darwinist hubris is mitigated by just enough obligatory piety to make you a truly convincing angel of mercy. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were one of Peter Kelly's young'uns. No doubt you know Peter, the current King of the TFI jungle? I'd love to see younger lions enter the sheepfold and take out the old fart.

The question is, are you willing to give old saggy-tit Queenie and a half-dozen other wrinkled aunties in the Unit a romp in the hay? Law of the jungle, grasshopper. Only the strongest and most cunning predators survive the emasculating lionesses who inhabit the House of the Open Pussy. About the time Queenie tells you to imagine that you're Jesus' sanctified ****, come back and talk some more about psychobabble.

May I suggest that you get a life.
Go and wacth the movie "La Fille Sur Le Pont" it is hilarious,crazy and surreal.
In case you do not speak French it has English sub titles.
I think you would enjoy it.
Good luck old boy

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Forgiveness
  4. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 02:20:32