Poetry by the Confused

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Day 1

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 06:05 pm
Purpleflower,

Breathe captured me,.... almost unaware.
And at its conclusion, I found myself struggling to breathe.
Whew.

max 1

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 02:59 am
Cookie wrote:
max wrote:
Cookie wrote:

It's all about expressions

By Cookie

I think I’m crazy, a little unwell.
I’m tired of thinking, tired as hell.
I just don’t know if I can make it
Another day I’d have to fake it.
I’d rather be crazy and happy
Than sane and sad.

Well you said it in your poem better than I ever could!
Talk about an own goal!
Have you ever thought of entering the X Factor?
Love & God Bless

Max

I don't feel like I have to enlighten a stranger I am liking less and less of my current state of mind, but i feel you should know I wrote this while IN The Family several years ago. Laughing

I never asked you to enlighten me.
As for when and where you wrote the poem that is an issue that only you can resolve.
If it helps you to overcome issues and exorcise your inner demons by placing them on this forum then good and I wish you well.
Life is short and precious and at times hard, that is what makes it a challenge.

Love & God Bless

Max

Cookie 2

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 09:23 am
Max, I'm not sure if you understand what it's all about to be a writer/poet.

If my poetry doesn't apeal to you, I don't care. In great attempts, it is glorious even to fail. Cassius Longinus, Roman General

And like Gail Godwin said, "One is taught by experience to put a premium on those few people who can appreciate you for what you are."

I write for the people who can appreciate what it is I am doing.

Peace, Out.

max 1

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 10:04 am
Cookie wrote:
Max, I'm not sure if you understand what it's all about to be a writer/poet.

If my poetry doesn't apeal to you, I don't care. In great attempts, it is glorious even to fail. Cassius Longinus, Roman General

And like Gail Godwin said, "One is taught by experience to put a premium on those few people who can appreciate you for what you are."

I write for the people who can appreciate what it is I am doing.

Peace, Out.

Not ever having been a poet and/or writer I do not know what it and I quote â€

Cookie 2

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 10:50 am
Battle of the pen, eh?! Now THAT's what i love.

By Cookie, To Max In response to your $$$ poem.

nary a penny have i
seems like you're the "loaded" guy.
since you say you own a ton
but money makes one come undone
try a bit of goodwill, dear
give to those both far and near
I have different views on cash
pays my bills for my car crash
no ill fortune have i seen
from those papers that are green
the more i have the more i play
or stash away for a rainy day.

8)

max 1

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 12:38 pm
Cookie wrote:
Battle of the pen, eh?! Now THAT's what i love.

By Cookie, To Max In response to your $$$ poem.

nary a penny have i
seems like you're the "loaded" guy.
since you say you own a ton
but money makes one come undone
try a bit of goodwill, dear
give to those both far and near
I have different views on cash
pays my bills for my car crash
no ill fortune have i seen
from those papers that are green
the more i have the more i play
or stash away for a rainy day.

8)

Well that’s original, give me more................

Love & God Bless

Max

Cookie 2

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 01:41 pm
To educate Max a little on the authors of the 2 quotes i used:

Cassius Longinus: Roman general and politician who was a leading member of the conspiracy to assassinate Julius Caesar.

Gail Godwin: Received tremendous critical acclaim and nominated for three National Book Awards (including several National best sellers). Has eleven novels, two short story collections and one nonfiction work.

here's another one I'll write as i go for you:

By Cookie to Max (or can i call you Max? Very Happy

Sincere people locate truth,
Support the things the things they find
Others want to interpret
And close off all their mind
Because they have just made the choice
That what they SEE is real
They close themselves to facts that would
Uncannily reveal.

Anonymous

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 02:21 pm
Cookie wrote:
To educate Max a little on the authors of the 2 quotes i used:

Cassius Longinus: Roman general and politician who was a leading member of the conspiracy to assassinate Julius Caesar.

Gail Godwin: Received tremendous critical acclaim and nominated for three National Book Awards (including several National best sellers). Has eleven novels, two short story collections and one nonfiction work.

here's another one I'll write as i go for you:

By Cookie to Max (or can i call you Max? Very Happy

Sincere people locate truth,
Support the things the things they find
Others want to interpret
And close off all their mind
Because they have just made the choice
That what they SEE is real
They close themselves to facts that would
Uncannily reveal.

I would still suggest the x Factor as opposed to the x Family.
Excuse me if I repeat myself.
I understand that they are a registered company and you may be able to make a few $, assuming that you make the grade in the Secular Society, where Mong et al will not or cannot protect you.
As I said and for the last time 9/10 for trying and that is from a non-member or a person who has never been a member!
Pardon me if I happen to have done a little research!

Love & God Bless

Max

Monger 1

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 02:31 pm
Max wrote:
As I said and for the last time 9/10 for trying and that is from a non-member or a person who has never been a member!

LOL! You're not fooling anyone here. Wink

Anonymous

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 02:39 pm
Monger wrote:
Max wrote:

LOL! You're not fooling anyone here. Wink

Perhaps that makes two of us?

Love & God Bless

Max aka Guest

Monger 1

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 03:05 pm
Perhaps, Max. However, I believe your claims on this point are highly transparent. Here is just one example.

I simply found it amusing that you felt the need to re-assert your claim that you've never been in the Family while critiquing poetry.

Anonymous

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 03:34 pm
Hey Max, are you asking to be enlightened or not. You seem to be unable to make up your mind. Furthermore, it is THE LOVE of money that is the root of all evil. (I Timothy 6:10) It appears as if you ARE fooling yourself and no one else when you say that you've done your research.

Anonymous

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 03:55 pm
Cookie's work
Cookie,
Thank you for starting this thread. It is meeting us all where we are at in our lives and, for whatever benefit, has been a healthy function. I am second generation family. My childhood was drastically effected by the group, and even as a youth, I spent a great deal of time writing my dilemmas in a notebook. Your poetry seems to come easily to you. May I suggest that in your writings, "The Way Life Turns Out", "Stormy Sea - My Heart", and "High and Dry", I hear the voice of an old familiar friend.
Hymns.
As I was reading one of your pieces, I felt compelled to hum the tune to "Just As I Am".
I may be mistaken here, and correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like some of your poetry may have been influenced by the religious songs from your days with tf.
Without judgement, I humbly acknowledge the beauty of your work. Thanks again for this thread.
purpleflower

Cookie 2

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 04:39 pm
Anonymous wrote:
...you may be able to make a few $, assuming that you make the grade in the Secular Society, where Mong et al will not or cannot protect you. Love & God Bless
Max

Making the grade in secular society means different things to different people. If to you it means having a business title, a house, a car, travel as one pleases, that a young adult girl has a wonderful, caring boyfriend, is free from debt, enough money in the bank and stashed under the bed, well, then I have undoubtably made the grade. I'm so proud of ME!! Yay! Very Happy

By the way, here's my poem of the post (to keep in line with what i keep saying about keeping this thread for poetry).

Monger, I sense that you're wise
And sense the truth in what's disguised
And Max, as far as JJT,
I've done more than the share for me
My hands are still so sore and raw
From all that JJT hurrah. Razz

PS: I think my truth poem to Max in that other post is ridiculously good looking. Laughing

PPS: Monger's protection? What's that all about. Are you implying that you're TRYING to hurt me? I didn't realise that. I can stand up for myself when I feel picked on. I find you peculiar rather than intimidating.

Cookie 2

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 05:08 pm
Re: Cookie's work
purpleflower wrote:
Cookie,
Thank you for starting this thread. It is meeting us all where we are at in our lives and, for whatever benefit, has been a healthy function. ... Your poetry seems to come easily to you. ... I may be mistaken here, and correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like some of your poetry may have been influenced by the religious songs from your days with tf.
Without judgement, I humbly acknowledge the beauty of your work. Thanks again for this thread.
purpleflower

Appreciation such as yours, Purpleflower, warms my heart greatly, so thank you, sincerely.

And yes, Purpleflower, (cute name :wink: ) i would have to say that all my Family experience has influenced me to a very great degree, influencing who i am, some of what i believe, down to my poetry to this very day, albeit subconsciously most of the time (DISCLAIMER: it does NOT affect my sex life! I don't masterbate or have sex with my boyfriend to Jesus). I have very bitter-sweet memories of the Family. so if you'll notice, i don't bash the family, or glorify it. I try to tell it like it is (or was through my youthful eyes that have been opened, thankfully.) 8)

Acheick

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 06:06 pm
Re: Cookie's work
Quote:
I have very bitter-sweet memories of the Family. so if you'll notice, i don't bash the family, or glorify it. I try to tell it like it is (or was through my youthful eyes that have been opened, thankfully.)

Cookie - did I say this before? - you are one smart cookie. I love your attitude. It's refreshing for me. Thanks.

Cookie 2

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 06:22 pm
Acheick,

Sweet and kind the words you said,
that touched my heart when they were read.

:wink: Razz

Anonymous

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 08:07 pm
Monger wrote:
Perhaps, Max. However, I believe your claims on this point are highly transparent. Here is just one example.

I simply found it amusing that you felt the need to re-assert your claim that you've never been in the Family while critiquing poetry.

I simply find you and your aliases amusing.
Would you happen to know someone who used the name Yelloman?
Myself et al would like to have a word in his shell like, face to face that is.
Sleep well.........

Love & God Bless

Max aka Guest

Monger 1

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 08:52 pm
Max wrote:
Sleep well.........

You've lost me completely, Max.

Acheick

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 01:36 am
Monger wrote:
Max wrote:
Sleep well.........

You've lost me completely, Max.

OK - now that's funny Laughing Max has a way of doing that. I think he's the one that's lost and we're following him around in circles. Cookie - you got a poem for that? I think I'm getting an inspiration on circles and Max- Confused

What I think is - here's my theory - Max has hung around these sites long enough that he's picked things up by osmosis. He may have been in TF at one time, maybe not. Maybe he was in and he got kicked out - now there's a thought. For sure, he seems very lost and probably very lonely which is why he makes this his playground. I kinda feel sorry for him - well, maybe not. For sure, I don't take anything he says seriously.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 10:44:00