The two types of goals

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

HexHammer
 
Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 08:07 am
@manored,
manored;162908 wrote:
A traffic jam isnt a desire, but it happens anyway, because people dont coordinate their desires to avoid it.

In other words: People dont adjust their will so that it will not interfere with the will of others and thus allow all to carry out their wills. Sometimes they do to a certain extent, but not on a global scale.
It's out of the scope of individualistic human ability to do anything about a traffic jam, many goverments over many decades have tryed desperately to solve it, but it's not possible to, too many cars in a too little space, at a too narrow time frame.

..that's why I define it as clear chaos, and what you define as chaos, is not.
 
manored
 
Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 08:12 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;162925 wrote:
It's out of the scope of individualistic human ability to do anything about a traffic jam, many goverments over many decades have tryed desperately to solve it, but it's not possible to, too many cars in a too little space, at a too narrow time frame.

..that's why I define it as clear chaos, and what you define as chaos, is not.
So, the fact that we are unable to organize means we are already organized? I disagree.
 
HexHammer
 
Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 09:33 am
@manored,
manored;163399 wrote:
So, the fact that we are unable to organize means we are already organized? I disagree.
There are big difference being able to organize on small scale, than on big scale, organizing things that isn't within your restiction ..less something that is govermential, that you have no way of meddeling in.
 
manored
 
Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 08:47 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;163441 wrote:
There are big difference being able to organize on small scale, than on big scale, organizing things that isn't within your restiction ..less something that is govermential, that you have no way of meddeling in.
My disagreement remains the same.
 
HexHammer
 
Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 03:25 am
@manored,
manored;163871 wrote:
My disagreement remains the same.
Well, any ways, I bet than any linguist would strongly disagree with your interpetation of the matter, and that goes for any other reasonable intelligent person.
 
manored
 
Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 03:47 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;164175 wrote:
Well, any ways, I bet than any linguist would strongly disagree with your interpetation of the matter, and that goes for any other reasonable intelligent person.
Even if this were true, it would not matter to me until they managed to show me that I am wrong.
 
HexHammer
 
Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 04:03 pm
@manored,
It's not so much of a proof, rather than the commonly way of understanding a word. It's the same like a saying. If someone suddnely postulated a "disfavor" meant falling from grace in God's eyes.
 
manored
 
Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 01:34 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;164392 wrote:
It's not so much of a proof, rather than the commonly way of understanding a word. It's the same like a saying. If someone suddnely postulated a "disfavor" meant falling from grace in God's eyes.
As far as I know, "lack of order" is the commonly meaning of the word "chaos".
 
HexHammer
 
Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 03:51 pm
@manored,
manored;164677 wrote:
As far as I know, "lack of order" is the commonly meaning of the word "chaos".
There are many shades of grey, just because something isn't in perfect order doesn't mean it's chaos, it can be a little mess, messy, big mess, chaos ..and total chaos ..etc.

Besides, when you define what it is, it just doesn't fit the bill, it is distorting the deeper meaning. Sorry to say, you reminds me in an eerily way of some of my x-gfs, who stretches the truth, twists and turns words, meaning and definitons.
 
manored
 
Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 10:17 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;164708 wrote:
There are many shades of grey, just because something isn't in perfect order doesn't mean it's chaos, it can be a little mess, messy, big mess, chaos ..and total chaos ..etc.
The problem seems to be that you insist there must be a large amount of disorder in something before it can be called chaos, while at the same time insisting that, under that definition, our daily lives cannot be called chaos. I disagree with both.

HexHammer;164708 wrote:

Besides, when you define what it is, it just doesn't fit the bill, it is distorting the deeper meaning. Sorry to say, you reminds me in an eerily way of some of my x-gfs, who stretches the truth, twists and turns words, meaning and definitons.
Distortion is relative.
 
HexHammer
 
Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 10:50 am
@manored,
manored;164974 wrote:
The problem seems to be that you insist there must be a large amount of disorder in something before it can be called chaos, while at the same time insisting that, under that definition, our daily lives cannot be called chaos. I disagree with both.

Distortion is relative.
Imo you have an "Erasmus Montanus" (spelling?) approach to the topic.

Quote:
..mother is a stone! Because mother can't fly and stones can't fly, therefore mother is a stone! (mum cries)
 
manored
 
Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 08:45 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;164979 wrote:
Imo you have an "Erasmus Montanus" (spelling?) approach to the topic.
Well I give up. We wont ever get anywhere, and this discussion has gotten tiresome.
 
 

 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 03/23/2019 at 05:37:09