god's temperature

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Evangelism
  3. » god's temperature

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 07:23 pm
Infinitely cold? Infinitely warm? Somewhere in between?

I am willing to bet that god is infinitely cold. Mostly because hell is taken as a place with fire and all that jazz. Also because most people like warm things.

Any thoughts? Does it matter?

Quinn phil

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 07:56 pm
@mister kitten,
Does hell directly contradict heaven? If so, yes. Infinetely cold.

mister kitten

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 08:20 pm
@mister kitten,
I wouldn't know, but I'm sure the local priest does

amist

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 08:39 pm
@mister kitten,
There's no fire in hell, it's just an absolute separation from god. Also, God is incorporeal, so, no temperature. And I'm pretty sure trolling is just frowned upon in general, so none of that either.

prothero

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 08:39 pm
@amist,
about 2.726 degrees Kelvin.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 04:27 pm
@prothero,
mister kitten;127706 wrote:

How can God have a literal temperature?

I am willing to bet that god is infinitely cold. Mostly because hell is taken as a place with fire and all that jazz. Also because most people like warm things.

God is cold because people like warmth? I don't follow.

Anyway, recall that Dante made the 9th circle of Hell a frozen lake in which Lucifer is stuck. His allegorical picture of Hell is a place with a frozen core.

mister kitten

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 03:34 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
amist;127733 wrote:
There's no fire in hell, it's just an absolute separation from god. Also, God is incorporeal, so, no temperature. And I'm pretty sure trolling is just frowned upon in general, so none of that either.

:detective: I was a little silly when I made the post. Why can't God have a temperature?

Didymos Thomas;127973 wrote:
How can God have a literal temperature?

God is cold because people like warmth? I don't follow.

Anyway, recall that Dante made the 9th circle of Hell a frozen lake in which Lucifer is stuck. His allegorical picture of Hell is a place with a frozen core.

I was just wondering. Silliness.
How can hell have a literal temperature? Or is Dante's allegorical picture not literal?

sometime sun

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:53 pm
@mister kitten,
God is cool.........

mister kitten

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 11:10 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;133454 wrote:
God is cool.........

Why do some get so hot tempered when speaking about him/her then?

sometime sun

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 11:21 pm
@mister kitten,
mister kitten;133457 wrote:
Why do some get so hot tempered when speaking about him/her then?

Conviction heats the blood and some cant control their pulse. Or sometimes your pulse is quickend by others and not being able to control others or God means people give up trying to control themselves.

sarek

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 06:15 am
@mister kitten,
God is infinitely powerful. Einstein tells us that energy equals mass. The equivalent mass of God would therefore also be infinite.
God is therefore a black hole with a Schwarschild radius of infinite and a temperature equal to the absolute minimum is 0 Kelvin.

chad3006

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 03:14 pm
@mister kitten,

melonkali

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 07:06 pm
@chad3006,
sarek;134006 wrote:
God is infinitely powerful. Einstein tells us that energy equals mass. The equivalent mass of God would therefore also be infinite.
God is therefore a black hole with a Schwarschild radius of infinite and a temperature equal to the absolute minimum is 0 Kelvin.

chad3006;134811 wrote:

He is both, and neither. :bigsmile:

rebecca

Krumple

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 07:50 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;133461 wrote:
Conviction heats the blood and some cant control their pulse. Or sometimes your pulse is quickend by others and not being able to control others or God means people give up trying to control themselves.

What about gods wrath and rage in the OT? His need for killing things that are defenseless? Are these things just made up? Are they out dated? Have you forgiven God for these injustices? Do you put them out of your mind and tell yourself that God didn't do these things? Maybe the OT was a fraudulent work out to paint God in a negative way right? But all is better now that he only destroys those who don't believe in him. Oh sorry, he doesn't destroy them, he just locks them into a room for eternity. Oh sorry, that's wrong to, he just ignores them after creating them, torturing them with an uncertain existence and then tosses them into the, "I don't look there" bin.

So you are right, God is cold, as in cold hearted or cold blooded.

Pyrrho

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 05:16 pm
@mister kitten,

Any thoughts? Does it matter? [emphasis added]

Of course it matters! Everything about God is supremely important! And with this question, we can identify infidels who God wants us to send straight to Hell as quickly as possible. Obviously, those who blaspheme against God by attributing a false temperature to him deserve to die.

sometime sun

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 06:19 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple;134978 wrote:
What about gods wrath and rage in the OT? His need for killing things that are defenseless? Are these things just made up? Are they out dated? Have you forgiven God for these injustices? Do you put them out of your mind and tell yourself that God didn't do these things? Maybe the OT was a fraudulent work out to paint God in a negative way right? But all is better now that he only destroys those who don't believe in him. Oh sorry, he doesn't destroy them, he just locks them into a room for eternity. Oh sorry, that's wrong to, he just ignores them after creating them, torturing them with an uncertain existence and then tosses them into the, "I don't look there" bin.

So you are right, God is cold, as in cold hearted or cold blooded.

God was angry because God was not yet complete, God was a father He had never died before he had never been a child.
It is not his need that things die, thats all ours.
Everything is made up.
Some things surly are outdated.
I do not see death as an injustice, God is not accountable for us killing the innocent, that also is all ours.
They are always in my mind, why i find it even hard to eat meat.
No God was once angry because God had not as yet found peace with Its Self. God had never been us before.
God does not destroy anything. Anymore?
As for hell, i think you were closer before in one of our previous encounters.
Hell is only for those who need to remember. Hell is only for those who cannot be as God would be and forgive themselves.
Some people need to be punished.
God fulfils all needs.

Krumple

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 07:03 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;136168 wrote:
I do not see death as an injustice, God is not accountable for us killing the innocent, that also is all ours.

There is a lot of slaughter done by god in the bible. Do I have to point out all the occasions? You can't tell me these were all done by people alone. They couldn't have been. Unless you are justifying it since god views humanity like pests that he can exterminate when they are grossing him out.

God does not destroy anything. Anymore?

Anymore? So he learned something? I guess that disqualifies him for all knowing. If you have to under go birth and death before you realize just how messed up it is to kill off thousands with a sweep of the hand.

As for hell, i think you were closer before in one of our previous encounters.

The closer the better. I don't have any problem with that.

Hell is only for those who need to remember. Hell is only for those who cannot be as God would be and forgive themselves.

Once again, I don't need to apologize to anyone, not even my self. I haven't done anything wrong, at all.

No one does, everyone is a victim of ignorance. It is because we do not know that we do things that cause harm. You can not punish a person for that. If you punish a person for that it is unjust punishment. Therefore absolutely no one deserves punishment.

God fulfils all needs.

Yeah tell this to the children starving in the world.

sometime sun

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 06:28 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple;136205 wrote:
There is a lot of slaughter done by god in the bible. Do I have to point out all the occasions?

Point away.
Please do.

Krumple;136205 wrote:

You can't tell me these were all done by people alone. They couldn't have been. Unless you are justifying it since god views humanity like pests that he can exterminate when they are grossing him out.

Is this an admitance of the reality of God on your part, that something other than we are responsible for what goes on in this universe, on the planet, between people, interest in each and every and all worlds that are and ever could be, even your own world holds God and if not present once was that which influenced it?
God has never seen us as pests, God has never fully understood why we are apart from the fact and impulse that God knows It needs us.

Krumple;136205 wrote:

Anymore? So he learned something? I guess that disqualifies him for all knowing. If you have to under go birth and death before you realize just how messed up it is to kill off thousands with a sweep of the hand.

God has learned.
God has evolved.
(can something evolve if it is not in full possession of the reality of even more than just self, more than place? In possession of the full story so as to be able to write the next unwritten chapter?)
God is still leanring but knows now enough to fill and filled.
Again are you sure you dont have some faith that God exists beyond just our own abuses of the whole God 'concept'?
It was not just birth and death He underwent, he underwent childhood.
Nature would not be nature if God had to leave it alone.
If God should tamper with nature it would no longer be natural.
War is man made.
OT God has killed with the sweep of the hand, God was wise in the ways man understood.
You must remember we were not as we were back then.
We have invented many new emotions, feelings, meanings, philosophies.
I dont think the message of Christ has hit you yet, it was not just planetary it was biblical.
Think about that word for a momnet please BIBLICAL.
You dont want me to tell you all the new worlds and words and relations to those words that was created and containe din the power that is the bible.
Shakespear is credited for alot of new words and relations to them and inevitably ourselves through this medium.
To hear is also worlds away from the written. Thus spake. Sermon on the mount.
Point trying to be made, we learned in different way to how we do now.
This sweep of the hand was all God knew because this was all we knew or had proved to Him.
And then Christ, you could easily credit Him as 'The Very First Man', he showed us how to be. How it was done.
We prove all to God, God jsut shows us what we cant yet see we are doing.
Happily or saddly, we will only be as good as the God that leads us.
We cannot take responsibility for our selves.
We need to be led.
We are afris of our selves
Just as we are afriad we have no one to blame but ourselves.
We need to witness God doing it before we can trust ourselves.
We need to witness God before we can bare ourselves.
Nothing can be our own idea.
(even if we are what proves God)
We may be doing something we will never recognise before God rewards us for it.
For God is what proves us.

Enough, went off on one there.

Krumple;136205 wrote:

The closer the better. I don't have any problem with that.

'Hello........... is it me your looking for?'Very Happy

Krumple;136205 wrote:

Once again, I don't need to apologize to anyone, not even my self. I haven't done anything wrong, at all.

Good for you, Good for the rest of us.

Krumple;136205 wrote:

No one does, everyone is a victim of ignorance. It is because we do not know that we do things that cause harm. You can not punish a person for that. If you punish a person for that it is unjust punishment. Therefore absolutely no one deserves punishment.

Then some victims need to be punished.
Who knows maybe one day we will evolve out of this???????????????
Maybe we have more to teach God?
But maybe God already knows this and is just waiting for us to catch up?
Some people need to punish themselves.
You earn punishment.

Krumple;136205 wrote:

Yeah tell this to the children starving in the world.

If you have God, you have something.
Some might say more than food.
I would enough is just enough.
Enough is enough.

(I wonder why people are now afriad to teach their children they are not alone in the universe? I wonder if not knowing this might make the hunger seem just that little bit less, as your body consumes itself you are safe in the knowledge (for it can only be taught) 'I am not alone in this'???)

Krumple

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 07:31 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;136689 wrote:
Point away.
Please do.

Is this an admitance of the reality of God on your part, that something other than we are responsible for what goes on in this universe, on the planet, between people, interest in each and every and all worlds that are and ever could be, even your own world holds God and if not present once was that which influenced it?
God has never seen us as pests, God has never fully understood why we are apart from the fact and impulse that God knows It needs us.

God has learned.
God has evolved.
(can something evolve if it is not in full possession of the reality of even more than just self, more than place? In possession of the full story so as to be able to write the next unwritten chapter?)
God is still leanring but knows now enough to fill and filled.
Again are you sure you dont have some faith that God exists beyond just our own abuses of the whole God 'concept'?
It was not just birth and death He underwent, he underwent childhood.
Nature would not be nature if God had to leave it alone.
If God should tamper with nature it would no longer be natural.
War is man made.
OT God has killed with the sweep of the hand, God was wise in the ways man understood.
You must remember we were not as we were back then.
We have invented many new emotions, feelings, meanings, philosophies.
I dont think the message of Christ has hit you yet, it was not just planetary it was biblical.
Think about that word for a momnet please BIBLICAL.
You dont want me to tell you all the new worlds and words and relations to those words that was created and containe din the power that is the bible.
Shakespear is credited for alot of new words and relations to them and inevitably ourselves through this medium.
To hear is also worlds away from the written. Thus spake. Sermon on the mount.
Point trying to be made, we learned in different way to how we do now.
This sweep of the hand was all God knew because this was all we knew or had proved to Him.
And then Christ, you could easily credit Him as 'The Very First Man', he showed us how to be. How it was done.
We prove all to God, God jsut shows us what we cant yet see we are doing.
Happily or saddly, we will only be as good as the God that leads us.
We cannot take responsibility for our selves.
We need to be led.
We are afris of our selves
Just as we are afriad we have no one to blame but ourselves.
We need to witness God doing it before we can trust ourselves.
We need to witness God before we can bare ourselves.
Nothing can be our own idea.
(even if we are what proves God)
We may be doing something we will never recognise before God rewards us for it.
For God is what proves us.

Enough, went off on one there.

'Hello........... is it me your looking for?'Very Happy

Good for you, Good for the rest of us.

Then some victims need to be punished.
Who knows maybe one day we will evolve out of this???????????????
Maybe we have more to teach God?
But maybe God already knows this and is just waiting for us to catch up?
Some people need to punish themselves.
You earn punishment.

If you have God, you have something.
Some might say more than food.
I would enough is just enough.
Enough is enough.

(I wonder why people are now afriad to teach their children they are not alone in the universe? I wonder if not knowing this might make the hunger seem just that little bit less, as your body consumes itself you are safe in the knowledge (for it can only be taught) 'I am not alone in this'???)

All of your questions here can all be linked to this one answer from me.

My response: God doesn't exist, god is a humanist invent.

sometime sun

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 08:16 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple;136735 wrote:
All of your questions here can all be linked to this one answer from me.

My response: God doesn't exist, god is a humanist invent.

Good responce, does not answer all that much in the end though does it?

Maybe this is the only answer???

(i dont think so, but there you go)

At least you have faith in humanity.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Evangelism
  3. » god's temperature
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 07:50:45