Truth is a White Lie

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reconstructo

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 03:03 pm
@platorepublic,
platorepublic;163091 wrote:
Somehow I think this logic is really wrong...

Truths are truths. Lies are lies.

Duh? I mean X is the set of things you know that are true. If you tell the truth, you will say something from X. If you tell a lie, you will intentionally say something non-X, even though to your knowledge it's false.

Are you exposed to pragmatism? In simple situations, I will agree that "truth it truth and lies are lies," but about less simple truths? Why do some societies call one thing true and other societies call something else true? It's the same with individuals. Is this atheist right? Is the theist right? Is the agnostic right? Is it wrong to eat meat? What about the death penalty?

What is the fundamental ingredient of Nature, or is there one? In cases where unanimous agreement does not exist, it's not a simple issue. And this history of philosophy is a history of debate. We can't even agree about what truth is. Or do you feel that you are in possession of the right answer? If so, I can sympathize. But go ahead and express it and you will find, I bet, no shortage of those with a contrary "truth."

kennethamy

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 03:13 pm
@platorepublic,
platorepublic;163091 wrote:
Somehow I think this logic is really wrong...

Truths are truths. Lies are lies.

Duh? I mean X is the set of things you know that are true. If you tell the truth, you will say something from X. If you tell a lie, you will intentionally say something non-X, even though to your knowledge it's false.

Suppose I tell someone that there is an oil well under my property, and get him to buy it for a large sum. I was lying, of course, for I didn't believe there was an oil well there. However, unfortunately for me, but fortunately for the person I lied to, there did turn out to be a gusher right under my kitchen. So, I told him a true lie.

Right?

Blueback

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 12:45 am
@kennethamy,
Reconstructo;163051 wrote:

It is profound, I agree. But not for it's contingent properties. We don't have to use "A," for instance.
No principle HAS to be manifested in any particular way. To confuse the example with the idea is to miss the point. Especially if you understand this, and are deliberately mixing up the issue.

But what has the formalization added?
The ability to communicate with other minds, thus creating a network that is greater than the sum of its parts.

Well, I personally am confident about my grasp on it, but a tour of this forum shows how difficult it is to establish a trans-personal or common conception of truth.
The existence of a disagreement demonstrates only that people disagree. Even if their mental models are identical it's still possible for a discrepancy to emerge through flawed communication. How many people would realize their views aren't so different if they could just get past the language barrier? I'm guessing most of them.

The mind imposes distinctions....Smile

The mind identifies distinctions. Information only exists after a distinction is first discovered. There can't be any information in a computer that only contains 0's. There is no difference between black and black. That's the truth.
Reconstructo;163095 wrote:

Why do some societies call one thing true and other societies call something else true? It's the same with individuals. Is this atheist right? Is the theist right? Is the agnostic right? Is it wrong to eat meat? What about the death penalty?

Depends what you mean by "right" and "wrong." Those aren't necessarily the same thing as "true" and "false."
Reconstructo;163095 wrote:

We can't even agree about what truth is. Or do you feel that you are in possession of the right answer? If so, I can sympathize. But go ahead and express it and you will find, I bet, no shortage of those with a contrary "truth."

Yes, people disagree. But that doesn't mean all sides of the debate are equally valid. It's like perpetual motion. The reason most people laugh at the idea is that so many modern discoveries are merely refinements of older discoveries. It's been a long time since anyone discovered a new law of nature. It's unlikely there are fundamentals left to be discovered.

I think the basics of philosophy have already been discovered, and its history isn't so much a history of debate, as a history of attractive mistakes. Eventually, we'll run out of mistakes. Whatever's left over will be truth. The people who cling to things that are already shown to be mistakes could be "on to something". . .or they could just be ignorant.

Subjectivity9

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 01:01 pm
@Reconstructo,
Blueback,

If we cannot expect the majority to understand those who are either superior in their understanding and/or wisdom, or even ahead of their time, than it certainly makes equal sense not to expect the majority to know the truth, in any Ultimate sense.

This statement also points out the fact that truth, in any practical sense of the word, is diverse and not equally shared, (AKA not one truth, most or all of the time, for everyone.)

You are optimistic in believing that any truth that is ahead of its time, or simply unique in its properties, will in due time become evident. I, on the other hand, have to wonder how many great possibilities have been lost irretrievably in time never to be regained. : ^ (

What if a unique idea can become extinct just like some of our wonderful species have, because of a sheer lack of respect and cooperation and even through a deficit of compassion. Could our narrow understanding of what is truth actually kill off variety at some point?

Does every idea have to dumb itself down to a place where everyone can understand it, before it can be useful, I think not. We as a species have always had those who went out ahead and discovered new ways, and those who stayed behind and with very little understanding still benefited from these discoveries. Ask yourself seriously, “How much of this complex technology that I live with, and take for granted as a comfort and a benefit to my life, do I actually understand or could I replicate if I needed to?"

Of course all great ideas, truths, do not only show their worth in material benefits. I believe that there are mental benefits to be had, ideas of great beauty and appeal. Much would be lost if absolutely everyone had to agree on what was the truth in order for it to be enjoyed.

Incidently, a dream truth would be a truth that took place within a dream scenario. Sometimes these truths can be transposed upon what we call our waking life; even great inventions have come down to us in this way. But, sometimes a dream truth only makes sense within the dream itself. Is this any less of a truth?

Remember the fact that truths in the tiny world of physics do not always remain equally true and efficacious in our conventional larger world. They are marginal truth, perhaps, in this way.

So with a dream truth, what if it can act and actually be simultaneous to our waking world, much like the aboriginies speak of "Dream Time," without having to ask permission to have its own truth from our waking mind?

Or even, is a child’s mind a mistake, or an undeveloped adult mind, or simply a different kind of a mind with its own truths?

Crazy…maybe not. ; ^ ) We have to be willing to think outside of the lines of what we now believe ourselves to know.

Everything that doesn’t agree with us, isn’t necessarily broken or crazy. Our particular ways of looking at things may not be the only way (ways) available to us. Our present perspectives, may not lock all truths into being what we believe they have to be. Everything we think we know, is just "SO FAR."

Warm Regards,
S9

Reconstructo

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 01:35 pm
@Blueback,
Blueback;163310 wrote:
No principle HAS to be manifested in any particular way. To confuse the example with the idea is to miss the point.

Well, I wouldn't go as far as that statement. We forced to communicate just now in a particular language. Perhaps you missing my point. I think formal logic is beautiful and worthwhile, but also limited in many ways. As soon as we turn to the real word we have a serious disagreement as to the meaning of terms--like "justice" or "love" for instance. Logos is slippery.

---------- Post added 05-12-2010 at 02:37 PM ----------

Blueback;163310 wrote:

The mind identifies distinctions. Information only exists after a distinction is first discovered. There can't be any information in a computer that only contains 0's. There is no difference between black and black. That's the truth.

I would say the mind imposes or creates distinctions. And of course I agree that information is distinctions. I'm a big fan of AIT, and I think the bit is central. Of yes it's true that black equals black. I don't have a problem with tautologies. But what are we learning from any tautology? If we sew them up in a network, we do sometimes learn something. But individually, they don't mean anything. That black equals black is already implied in the word black. Wittgenstein examines this in the TLP.

---------- Post added 05-12-2010 at 02:40 PM ----------

Blueback;163310 wrote:

Depends what you mean by "right" and "wrong." Those aren't necessarily the same thing as "true" and "false."

Is it true that it's wrong to eat meat? Is it true that it's wrong to tax progressively? Is it true that it's wrong to murder? As soon as we move away from formal logic, morality and truth become more intertwined. Epistemology is connect to values, ethics, whether it should be or not.

I think it's illuminating to take a holistic view of thinkers, and see how questions of truth are related to questions of right and wrong.

---------- Post added 05-12-2010 at 02:42 PM ----------

Blueback;163310 wrote:

It's been a long time since anyone discovered a new law of nature. It's unlikely there are fundamentals left to be discovered.

I'm surprised you would say this. It seems to me that physics has its hands full with strange situations. I'm no expert, but just reading about quantum computers is fairly mind-blowing. And what about entanglement? What about string-theory? All that jazz. I think there was a time when that feeling prevailed, but perhaps it was Planck who put an end to that.

---------- Post added 05-12-2010 at 02:43 PM ----------

Subjectivity9;163523 wrote:
Everything we think we know, is just "SO FAR."

I would agree that this applies to almost everything. Perhaps a small "transcendental" core or structure of perception will not change, but most of our "truths" do seem to be dynamic.

Blueback

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 03:01 am
@Reconstructo,

If we cannot expect the majority to understand those who are either superior in their understanding and/or wisdom, or even ahead of their time, than it certainly makes equal sense not to expect the majority to know the truth, in any Ultimate sense.

I lean towards the opinion that the average person, at the middle of their life, already knows that the truth is. The problem is that, while the truth is in their mind, it is obscured by all the extra stuff that's not truth, but hasn't been categorized as such, so is still potentially true. That makes those "ahead of their time" superior only in that they clearly identified something that everyone else knows, but hasn't identified yet.

That's why everyone understands heliocentricity, but only after some brilliant people identified the truth of it. For example. I think it takes a particularly stupid or oblivious person, well outside the norm, to not have access to truth. What makes someone average is their inability to identify the truth among all the possibilities.

You are optimistic in believing that any truth that is ahead of its time, or simply unique in its properties, will in due time become evident.

I don't think it's a matter of optimism. I think that the truth is what it is, whether or not we agree with it, so the truth will outlast our ignorance. Either we'll disappear entirely, or we'll gradually uncover more and more of the truth. It's only a matter of time.

I, on the other hand, have to wonder how many great possibilities have been lost irretrievably in time never to be regained. : ^ (

Possibilities have been lost. We can't go back and try things again. But possibilities are not truth. We'll never get the chance to not bomb Hiroshima, but that's got nothing to do with losing out on a truth. The truth can't be missed, because it is an inherent part of everything, it can only be covered up.

By way of an example, look at the natural evolution of "truthiness" as a tactic in modern media. It's no longer possible to hide information, or to lie effectively. The only thing that's possible now is to so confuse the issue with many potential truths that people discount all of them.

What if a unique idea can become extinct just like some of our wonderful species have, because of a sheer lack of respect and cooperation and even through a deficit of compassion. Could our narrow understanding of what is truth actually kill off variety at some point?

Ideas can become extinct. I'm reminded of some kind of knots-in-rope language some south american group invented back in the day that no one can translate anymore. Ideas exist in the environment of the mind. And like all things that depend on an environment, it is possible for the environment to disappear. But, unlike living things, ideas are never permanently lost. They only await rediscovery.

I'm not sure what compassion has to do with it. And I don't think we have to worry about a lack of variety. If there's one thing ideas do, it's breed more ideas.

Does every idea have to dumb itself down to a place where everyone can understand it, before it can be useful, I think not.

Yes. An idea is only useful when someone understands it. That doesn't mean the average human being has to understand it, but it does mean the average person in a particular subset of the population does have to understand it. I don't really understand how a router works, but the people who design them do. Moses had to get the most important rules written down in bullet-form.

Incidently, a dream truth would be a truth that took place within a dream scenario. Sometimes these truths can be transposed upon what we call our waking life; even great inventions have come down to us in this way. But, sometimes a dream truth only makes sense within the dream itself. Is this any less of a truth?

Yes. Buy definition it's less of a truth. It can only be "transposed upon waking life" if it happens to also be true in the real world. If not, whatever it is in a dream doesn't matter, cuz it's a lie in reality. Of course, a dream could help us expose a truth that we had previously missed, but, again, it is only real because it works in waking endeavors.

Remember the fact that truths in the tiny world of physics do not always remain equally true and efficacious in our conventional larger world. They are marginal truth, perhaps, in this way.

A grain of sand doesn't become less grainy when we look at a picture of a coastline from orbit. The grain of sand is still there, doing its thing, like it always has. Likewise, if we were the size of an atom, a grain of sand would still be a grain of sand, no matter how much bigger it was. Any misinterpretation is our fault, it's not a flaw in nature. Just because we can't simultaneously think on the scale of a grain of sand and a planet doesn't mean we can't understand the difference, and the validity of each.

So with a dream truth, what if it can act and actually be simultaneous to our waking world, much like the aboriginies speak of "Dream Time," without having to ask permission to have its own truth from our waking mind?

Sure, why not.

Or even, is a child's mind a mistake, or an undeveloped adult mind, or simply a different kind of a mind with its own truths?

There's a reason we don't let children, "the developmentally challenged," and people who wear cantaloupes on their head have any influence in society. They don't think very well. It's possible to judge how well someone thinks by their ability to achieve their own objectives. If someone consistently takes steps that are absurdly misaligned with their own goals, well, no one else should listen to them and it might be necessary to protect them from themselves.

You can't call something a truth just because you want to be open minded. There is such a thing as keeping your mind so open your brain falls out. Just include the caveat that theoretically anything is possible, however unlikely, and you've preserved intellectual honesty.

We have to be willing to think outside of the lines of what we now believe ourselves to know.

Why? Why not just leave the crazy to the people who like that kind of thing? If they uncover something relevant we'll find out about it when it works.

Everything we think we know, is just "SO FAR."

Technically, that means if you think you know that it's appropriate to give absolutely everyone the benfit of the doubt, that's still only what you know "so far." Ultimately, you have to accept that it is possible for a statement to be true or false, otherwise it becomes impossible for you to say anything at all. Truth is only worth talking about if it can be compared to something else, like false. If everything is true, what are we talking about?
Reconstructo;163528 wrote:

I don't have a problem with tautologies. But what are we learning from any tautology? If we sew them up in a network, we do sometimes learn something. But individually, they don't mean anything. That black equals black is already implied in the word black.

The simplest, most fundamental rules are of vital importance. Their simplicity often creates conditions where they are forgotten or ignored. In those situations, refocusing attention on them is a good thing, not a distraction. It may well be that "you can't divide by zero" seems too simple to state, but if someone crafts a proof in which they divide by zero, it is appropriate to remind them of the rule.

Is it true that it's wrong to eat meat? Is it true that it's wrong to tax progressively? Is it true that it's wrong to murder? As soon as we move away from formal logic, morality and truth become more intertwined. Epistemology is connect to values, ethics, whether it should be or not.

I think it's illuminating to take a holistic view of thinkers, and see how questions of truth are related to questions of right and wrong.

It's always illuminating to investigate how one thing relates to another. That doesn't mean that the relationship is always relevant to the discussion. Often the problem with illuminating questions is that they are constructed with a shoddy framework. "Is it true that it's wrong to eat meat" needs to come AFTER a long discussion of what exactly truth and morality mean. If it comes before it is useful only in that it is quickly ignored to focus on the discussion that should have preceeded it.

It seems to me that physics has its hands full with strange situations. I'm no expert, but just reading about quantum computers is fairly mind-blowing. And what about entanglement? What about string-theory? All that jazz. I think there was a time when that feeling prevailed, but perhaps it was Planck who put an end to that.

The new discoveries of the modern world are increasingly on the margins of well-defined areas of study. The new stuff is filling in the cracks. It requires more and more time devoted to study, greater and greater specialization, and vaster time and materiel investments. The days of someone sitting under an apple tree and creating a new branch of mathematics are gone. There's nothing to stumble over anymore. Just like the physical world, in the world of ideas it takes strenusou effort just to make it to the frontier, let alone advance past the frontier.

Perhaps a small "transcendental" core or structure of perception will not change, but most of our "truths" do seem to be dynamic.

Only in the sense that our ability to recognize truth is flawed, so we are only ever operating with a best guess. Hopefully our guess gets less "guessie" over time. Both on an individual and species scale.

platorepublic

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 03:19 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;163102 wrote:
Suppose I tell someone that there is an oil well under my property, and get him to buy it for a large sum. I was lying, of course, for I didn't believe there was an oil well there. However, unfortunately for me, but fortunately for the person I lied to, there did turn out to be a gusher right under my kitchen. So, I told him a true lie.

Right?

Well it depends on your definition of truth or lie.

According to mine, you told a lie.

It's as simple as that.

Subjectivity9

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 09:40 am
@Reconstructo,
I thought you might find this interesting because so many people think that truth is something we already know, or at least needs to be built upon something we already know. They even think that anyone who thinks outside of the box and is being either flexible or creative, is simply crazy or "loose as a goose."

; ^ )

But, sometimes what we think we know, our present truth, needs to be tossed out the window in order to make room for the new, or go forward into new truth(s).

The Boy with No Brain

This is a well-known case that throws a challenge to modern science. It's the case of Professor John Lorber and the student with no brain. Professor Lorber was a neurologist at Sheffield University who held a research chair in pediatrics. He did a lot of research on hydrocephalus, or water on the brain. The student's physician at the university noticed that the youth had a slightly larger than normal head, and so referred him to Professor Lorber, simply out of interest. When they did a brain scan on the student they saw that his cranium was filled mainly with cerebrospinal fluid. The student had an IQ of 126, had gained a first-class honors degree in mathematics, and was socially completely normal. And yet the boy had virtually no brain. This is not just a fabrication; research has found other people with no brains. During the First World War, when there was such carnage in the trenches of Europe. Soldiers had their skulls literally blown apart by bullets and shrapnel. It is said that the doctors found that some of the shattered heads of those corpses were empty. There was no brain. The evidence of those doctors was put aside as being too difficult to understand. But Professor Lorber went forward with his findings, and published them, to the great disturbance of the scientific community. Billions of dollars are going into research on the brain. Current views hold that imbalances in the brain are causing your depressions, your lack of intelligence, or your emotional problems. And yet here is evidence that shows you don't need much of a brain to have an excellent mind.

A doctor friend in Sydney discussed this case with someone I know once. He said he'd seen those CT scans, and confirmed that the case was well known in the medical community. He explained that that boy only had what was called a reptilian brain stem. Usually, any baby born with just a reptilian brain stem, without the cortex and the other stuff, will usually die straight away or within a few days after birth. A reptilian brain stem is not capable of maintaining basic bodily functions such as breathing, heart or liver. It's not enough to keep the higher brain functions going. It's not enough for speech, not enough for intelligence, certainly not enough for being an honors student in mathematics. This doctor said, "Ajahn Brahm, you wouldn't believe the problem that this is causing in my field of science. It shatters so much past research. It is challenging so many drug companies that are making billions of dollars in profits". Because dogmatic scientists can't understand how a person with virtually no brain can be intelligent, they are just burying the findings at the back of the filing cabinet, classifying it as an anomaly.

"We are not in Kansas anymore, Dorothy." ; ^ )

Warm Regards,
S9

kennethamy

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 10:36 am
@platorepublic,
platorepublic;163809 wrote:
Well it depends on your definition of truth or lie.

According to mine, you told a lie.

It's as simple as that.

Yes. That is exactly what I said. I told him a true lie. Are you disagreeing with me?

1. It was a lie, since I was trying to deceive him and told him what I believed was true.
2. But what I did tell him happened to be true. Since there was a gusher beneath my kitchen.

Therefore, what I told him was a true lie. It is as simple as that.

Have you any problem with that? Or am I being arrogant again?

Trying to think, let alone philosophize, without logic, is like trying to row a boat without oars.

platorepublic

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 10:45 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;163898 wrote:
Yes. That is exactly what I said. I told him a true lie. Are you disagreeing with me?

1. It was a lie, since I was trying to deceive him and told him what I believed was true.
2. But what I did tell him happened to be true. Since there was a gusher beneath my kitchen.

Therefore, what I told him was a true lie. It is as simple as that.

Have you any problem with that? Or am I being arrogant again?

Trying to think, let alone philosophize, without logic, is like trying to row a boat without oars.

Oh I am not disagreeing with you if you agree with me Smile

kennethamy

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 01:38 pm
@platorepublic,
platorepublic;163899 wrote:
Oh I am not disagreeing with you if you agree with me Smile

Sigh....................At Oxford, there used to be an assumption that people could think.

Blueback

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 03:59 pm
@kennethamy,
Subjectivity9;163883 wrote:

I thought you might find this interesting because so many people think that truth is something we already know, or at least needs to be built upon something we already know.

So, are you rebutting that idea?

They even think that anyone who thinks outside of the box and is being either flexible or creative, is simply crazy or "loose as a goose."

I didn't say crazy=wrong.
I just said that it's possible to determine that the goals they claim to want to accomplish cannot be accomplished through the actions they are taking. That means there is a disconnect somewhere between reality, and their perception of reality. If these people are high-functioning, we call them politicians. If they aren't, we call them crazy.

But, sometimes what we think we know, our present truth, needs to be tossed out the window in order to make room for the new, or go forward into new truth(s).

Is that a rebuttal? I already said that truth is present in our mind, we just can't tell which bits are true and which bits aren't.

This is a well-known case that throws a challenge to modern science. It's the case of Professor John Lorber and the student with no brain.

You do realize that only fools claim everything has been explained, right? Good science is nothing more than relating one measurment to another. That's it. "How far away is that tree?" "Well, it's about the same distance away as that rock." That's science. Modern science is simply what happens after someone already measured the distance to the tree and the rock, so now we have to find something else to measure.

I agree that there are many anomalies, and that in a sense that "challenges" modern science. But it's only a matter of time. The nature of basing new measurement on older measurements is that you have to start at the most obvious and work outwards to the least obvious. It took a lot of time spent developing mathematics before anyone was able to incorporate chaos theory into it. The study of the brain today is roughly equivalent to the period in history before anyone could count above three. Not only is it harder than geometry, it is complicated by the fact that you can't get much information out of a brain that someone is using, but when they're not using it any more it doesn't have any information that you want.

But Professor Lorber went forward with his findings...here is evidence that shows you don't need much of a brain to have an excellent mind.

And I'm sure all those stodgy physicians huffled and shook their jowles violently, and maybe a monocole or two popped out. But, that kind of thing has been happening throughout history. It always lasts for a while, and then it disappears. There seems to be an interesting correlation between the acceptance of anomolous ideas and the death of older generations.

There's plenty of well-documented evidence that things are more complicated than we would like them to be. But investigating all that stuff takes time, and people have to pay for their kid's braces. If something is true, but cannot currently be linked to another thing that is true, it will be ignored until a connection can be made in the future. That's not the equivalent of taking a wrecking ball to Wonka's Chocolate Factory. No one's stomping on dreams when they say something doesn't make sense.

..classifying it as an anomaly.

It is an anomaly. There are lots of anomalies. They can't all be investigated at the moment. But don't worry, the ones that are true will keep coming up again. The ones that aren't will be forgotten. That's how the process works.

platorepublic

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 05:33 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;163937 wrote:
Sigh....................At Oxford, there used to be an assumption that people could think.

Uh...

And without thinking, you think I could type up this reply to your meaningless mean post?

What exactly do you mean "Sigh....................At Oxford, there used to be an assumption that people could think."?

"Think" as in "Think more smartly", "Think more intelligently"?

I am a bit confused as to what you are trying to imply there.

Are you assuming that people who have not attended Oxford could "think" less?

Are you also assuming that people, or people at Oxford, who use this forum, "think" the same way here as in real life?

"Sigh....................At Oxford, there used to be an assumption that people could think."

Wow. I don't want to attack you, kennethamy, but hyperhypocritical much?

Ergo phil

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 05:51 pm
@Reconstructo,
When one seeks the truth one finds knowledge.

When one seeks knowledge one finds truth.

Therefore, Truth is knowledge.

kennethamy

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 06:00 pm
@platorepublic,
platorepublic;164014 wrote:
Uh...

And without thinking, you think I could type up this reply to your meaningless mean post?

What exactly do you mean "Sigh....................At Oxford, there used to be an assumption that people could think."?

"Think" as in "Think more smartly", "Think more intelligently"?

I am a bit confused as to what you are trying to imply there.

Are you assuming that people who have not attended Oxford could "think" less?

Are you also assuming that people, or people at Oxford, who use this forum, "think" the same way here as in real life?

"Sigh....................At Oxford, there used to be an assumption that people could think."

Wow. I don't want to attack you, kennethamy, but hyperhypocritical much?

Just an expression of disappointed expectations and wondering what has happened. Don't worry about it . Go on as you have been. (Which college are you at?)

platorepublic

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 01:27 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;164023 wrote:
Just an expression of disappointed expectations and wondering what has happened. Don't worry about it . Go on as you have been. (Which college are you at?)

I believe you or someone has asked me before.

kennethamy

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 01:48 am
@platorepublic,
platorepublic;164159 wrote:
I believe you or someone has asked me before.

That's nice. That shows you have a good memory.

---------- Post added 05-14-2010 at 04:15 AM ----------

Ergo;164019 wrote:
When one seeks the truth one finds knowledge.

When one seeks knowledge one finds truth.

Therefore, Truth is knowledge.

When one seeks something yellow, one finds butter.
When one seeks butter, one finds something yellow.

Therefore, butter is (the same thing) as yellow.

Hmm. Nah!

platorepublic

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 03:00 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;164162 wrote:
That's nice. That shows you have a good memory.

Well if you have the curiosity to ask me which college I'm in, I will return the favour!

It seems you spend much time on this forum - do you take any of your thoughts into action outside in the real world? What do you do outside this forum?

Don't give me a crabby answer.

Subjectivity9

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 06:40 am
@Reconstructo,

kennethamy

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 06:54 am
@platorepublic,
platorepublic;164169 wrote:
Well if you have the curiosity to ask me which college I'm in, I will return the favour!

It seems you spend much time on this forum - do you take any of your thoughts into action outside in the real world? What do you do outside this forum?

Don't give me a crabby answer.

So, you won't talk, eh? Which college are you in?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:05:18