Can we know that something doesn't exist?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 02:34 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;133313 wrote:
What answer? What premise? What argument? What are you talking about?

my answer, your question, the premiss of a true common background...as an argument to assert true value.

kennethamy

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 02:36 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil. Albuquerque;133315 wrote:
my answer, your question, the premiss of a true common background...

The beach at Albufeira doesn't make sense?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 02:39 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;133316 wrote:
The beach at Albufeira doesn't make sense?

Makes sense to what referent ? and to what degree one might say...:whoa-dude:

hue-man

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 03:07 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;133299 wrote:
You mean that it serves no function because it cannot be verified? Fine. What function does it fail to serve? I think I have asked you that question three times now.

And I thought that I answered that question already or that it was clear. It fails to serve the function of verification, which means that it serves no meaningful function as a proposition.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 03:12 pm
@hue-man,
hue-man;133324 wrote:
And I thought that I answered that question already or that it was clear. It fails to serve the function of verification, which means that it serves no meaningful function as a proposition.

yeah, I know you did ! :a-ok:

---------- Post added 02-27-2010 at 04:14 PM ----------

But you now what, I now think that kenneth is in fact a Solipsist...he lives in is own reality !...Very Happy

---------- Post added 02-27-2010 at 04:16 PM ----------

Pyrrho

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 09:07 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil. Albuquerque;133310 wrote:
As phenomena they cannot in truth be asserted in a group !!!

WITH NO ESTABLISHED COHERENT BACKGROUND, THE ANSWER IS BOTH ODD AND EVEN !

Since you contradict yourself, what you say is not only false, but necessarily false.

We can, however, say something definite about your posts: we now know that they are not worth reading.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 09:22 pm
@Pyrrho,
Pyrrho;133439 wrote:
Since you contradict yourself, what you say is not only false, but necessarily false.

We can, however, say something definite about your posts: we now know that they are not worth reading.

Pyrrho

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 09:28 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil. Albuquerque;133442 wrote:

If you were intelligent, you would have said that the answer would depend upon the observer, not that both are correct.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 09:35 pm
@Pyrrho,
Pyrrho;133444 wrote:
If you were intelligent, you would have said that the answer would depend upon the observer, not that both are correct.

Pyrrho

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:22 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil. Albuquerque;133446 wrote:

"Both" is wrong for every observer.

kennethamy

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 01:30 am
@hue-man,
hue-man;133324 wrote:

I see, it fails to serve the function of verification because it cannot be verified. And, I suppose it cannot be verified because it fails to perform the function of verification. How could I have missed it?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 04:16 am
@Pyrrho,
Pyrrho;133453 wrote:
"Both" is wrong for every observer.

BOTH is the sum for someone that believes that there are more observers out there...Truth requires a Universal answer as far as I can remember...
BOTH is better then NONE...thus if I peak one, that implies that the other is also true somewhere...but of course, some linear thinking will get in trouble immediately...

Reconstructo

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 04:22 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil. Albuquerque;133308 wrote:
Grains, people, cars, or even Stars are asserted in groups with a Space/Time frame as background...or do they exist independently of Space and Time ?
What the hell are you not understanding here ??? Jeeeeesus !!! :brickwall:

I would just like to add that these groups are always a conceptual synthesis, and that concept is always quantized. We can write 23.5, but this is a singular quantity, represented with multiple digits. Number is always understood as unity. To equate is to synthesize and to add is to re-synthesize, requiring negation. Integers we can conceive of one by one by one, or also as a singular quantity. We can zoom in or out. Integers are transcendental, as they are modifications of the one. What do you think, my friend? Am I insane or do all numbers boil down to one?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 04:27 am
@Reconstructo,
Reconstructo;133507 wrote:
I would just like to add that these groups are always a conceptual synthesis, and that concept is always quantized. We can 23.5, but this is a singular quantity, represented with multiple digits. Integers we can conceive of one by one by one, or also as a singular quantity. We can zoom in or out. Integers are transcendental, as they are modifications of one. What do you think, my friend? Am I insane or do all numbers boil down to one?

Reconstructo

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 04:28 am
@hue-man,
Number is transcendentally digital. Transcendental space is continuous, or analog. See my thread if you want to debate/discuss this sub-point, which I mention in regards to the beach...

Quote:

Albert Einstein, on the other hand, stated that "as far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."[6]

---------- Post added 02-28-2010 at 05:29 AM ----------

Fil. Albuquerque;133508 wrote:

Yes! And don't tell those not ready but 1 + 1 = 1. Parmenides was right. Being is one. Or to be more precise, being is -1 (or is it "i"), for synthesis is negation of difference, or equalization.

Pyrrho

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 10:28 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil. Albuquerque;133505 wrote:
BOTH is the sum for someone that believes that there are more observers out there...Truth requires a Universal answer as far as I can remember...
BOTH is better then NONE...thus if I peak one, that implies that the other is also true somewhere...but of course, some linear thinking will get in trouble immediately...

Truth requires a correct answer, not merely a universal one. "Both" is always necessarily wrong. If the correct answer depends upon the observer, then that is what one should say. Saying "both" is just plain wrong.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 10:52 am
@Pyrrho,
Pyrrho;133565 wrote:
Truth requires a correct answer, not merely a universal one. "Both" is always necessarily wrong. If the correct answer depends upon the observer, then that is what one should say. Saying "both" is just plain wrong.

cat paradox tell us otherwise in an Independent reality set which I think was the question at hand here...

kennethamy

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 10:55 am
@Pyrrho,
Pyrrho;133565 wrote:

It is interesting. Suppose the question is, is the glass half-full or is it half-empty. Then "both" is an appropriate answer, although it is view -dependent. But, of course, "half-full" and "half-empty" are not contradictories or even contraries.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 11:12 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;133572 wrote:
It is interesting. Suppose the question is, is the glass half-full or is it half-empty. Then "both" is an appropriate answer, although it is view -dependent. But, of course, "half-full" and "half-empty" are not contradictories or even contraries.

Pyrrho

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 07:29 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil. Albuquerque;133571 wrote:
Pyrrho;133565 wrote:

cat paradox tell us otherwise in an Independent reality set which I think was the question at hand here...

No, it does not. From your own link:

Quote:

Only those who do not understand it believe that it shows that the cat is simultaneously alive and dead.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 12:54:26