A possible solution to why is there something rather than nothing.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

xris

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2009 10:58 am
@ValueRanger,
ValueRanger;96016 wrote:
Sorry, but you and others are getting caught up in a classic Kuhn vs. Popper dialectic.

The fact is is that consistency is the truest test of reality, and M-Theory and the correlating math is currently the most consistent model.

You can add your own Subjective consistency at several evolutionary layers, by simply jumping up and down, or holding your hand over a stove burner. The persistent progressions of physical laws, while being refuted, command an equal and opposite Flux correlate in acceptance (see: Schopenhauer 3-step).

The fundamental forces of physics, like foundational evolutionary scales, have long ago proven to be consistent. So in order for you or anyone else to equally evolve, your job is to equitably shift with evolutionary progressions, on both sides of the Subjective/Objective paradigm - which, of course, is modeled after the causal core component of The Law of Opposites that constitutes Spacetime Continuum.
There is nothing consistent with that singularity, as there is nothing to compare it to, to say it is consistent. Your vague models are no more provable than any other scientific or philosophical argument, you are taking the arogant step of condemning. I dont agree with any proposed views on the bb, but does that make them wrong? Each and everyone fail on the scientific logic that you hold so dear, so if you wish to hold one view up as proven go ahead and be my guest, lets hear it.

ValueRanger

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2009 12:53 pm
@xris,
xris;96034 wrote:
There is nothing consistent with that singularity, as there is nothing to compare it to, to say it is consistent. Your vague models are no more provable than any other scientific or philosophical argument, you are taking the arogant step of condemning. I dont agree with any proposed views on the bb, but does that make them wrong? Each and everyone fail on the scientific logic that you hold so dear, so if you wish to hold one view up as proven go ahead and be my guest, lets hear it.

Classical Chaos Occurs In The Quantum World, Scientists Find

vectorcube

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 12:07 am
@SammDickens,
xris;95972 wrote:
This is the one occasion when science can not dictate the possibilities or deny any possibility. It has no authority nor conviction to dictate or act by its advocates a superior view. Even the atheists sarcastic pink elephant has just as much claim to a cause as any faith driven scientific mandate. Logic can be used, but only if it has value to the evidence that is provided, so multi verses ,parallel universes,vibrating strings or any new theoretical mumbo jumbo are just as irrelevant, as there is not one ounce of proof for any of these proposals.

So lets not be so superior or dismissive of any philosophical reasoning, as all are relevant and have equal authority.

Samm;96030 wrote:
vectorcube, that was the worst possible response I think I could have gotten to my post. You refuse to accept any idea that doesn't fit into your preconceptions of this debate, and you call ideas you don't like by unflattering names. You are not practicing philosophy when you do such things. I recognize and consider the ideas you are postulating, and while I know they are as speculative as my own ideas, I accept that some infinite regression of universes, each causing the next and caused by the previous universe is a valid idea to be considered. I'm not fond of infinite regressions because no element in such a regression is truly explained until all the elements are explained, and its impossible to explain an infinite number of elements.

Would you like to take another shot at my previous post, and this time maybe actually respond to what I'm saying?
Samm

look, i am not trying to insult you, so you really have to put your pride away.

I am telling you your solution is bad. In fact, you solution of postulating an entity that is timeless and spaceless is "weird". Why? Because there are so many other options. In fact, "Every" well known "modern" philosophers that i can think of have try to explain the ultimate "why" question. In all cases, they take up something like a multiverse, or some sort of possible world realism. Just to name a few:

Max tagmark` s level 4 multiverse.
Robert Nozick `s Principle of fecundity
David lewis ` s possible world realism.
Derick Parfit` s selector for selecting all possible worlds.
John ****** ` s ethical requirement.

In case you are wondering. There is a common theme. All of these philosophers( and one physicist) advocate something like a multiverse so that the contingent nature of our universe is less surprising. None of them try to find a transcendent cause for the universe, because they would have to:

1) postulate something that is completely mysterious, while other less mysterious options are available( ie : multiverses)

2) The conviction that the big bang is a natural event that can be understood. ( ie: a conviction that nothing is mysterious)

What is wrong about your solution is that you postulate something is that complete weird while there are more plausible solutions. Postulating a timeless being is fine, but that is not a satisfying explanation for the bb, because this timeless being would simply be way more complicate, and infinitly less comprehensible than the bb itself. Your substitute one mystery with another. How great!

The "majority" solution among modern philosophers that ask this ultimate question is that our bb is nothing special, and in fact, it is less mysterious if we suppose the existence of infinite many universes.

SammDickens

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 02:22 am
@vectorcube,
V^3, live the dream. Believe what you want. If my concept doesn't work for you, neither of us is the worst for it. There are others here who find the idea of existence outside space-time both rational and intriguing. If you find it troubling, I won't force it on you. At the same time, I won't hide it from you either.

The big bang theory says space and time are properties of the universe and do not exist outside the universe. I take that to be true and ask what the character of existence in an environment absent of space and time might be. I think the answers I derive from simple logic are quite compelling, and I will not run away from them just because some people imagine them to be mystical or unpopular.

I find troubling such notions as try to continue space and time beyond their innate boundaries, and such notions as suggest that any solution for the origin of everything can find an anchor within the constant flux of temporal reality, in an infinite regression of contingent universes. But if it floats YOUR boat, you just go right on with it, my worthy adversary. Good luck with your quest.

Samm

xris

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 04:01 am
@ValueRanger,
This is the best you can do ? so from here tell me how do explain the BB occurring from this chaos theory? Walk me through your reasoning, because the link surely does not.

---------- Post added 10-09-2009 at 05:20 AM ----------

vectorcube;96161 wrote:

I am telling you your solution is bad. In fact, you solution of postulating an entity that is timeless and spaceless is "weird". Why? Because there are so many other options. In fact, "Every" well known "modern" philosophers that i can think of have try to explain the ultimate "why" question. In all cases, they take up something like a multiverse, or some sort of possible world realism. Just to name a few:

In case you are wondering. There is a common theme. All of these philosophers( and one physicist) advocate something like a multiverse so that the contingent nature of our universe is less surprising. None of them try to find a transcendent cause for the universe, because they would have to:

1) postulate something that is completely mysterious, while other less mysterious options are available( ie : multiverses)

2) The conviction that the big bang is a natural event that can be understood. ( ie: a conviction that nothing is mysterious)

What is wrong about your solution is that you postulate something is that complete weird while there are more plausible solutions. Postulating a timeless being is fine, but that is not a satisfying explanation for the bb, because this timeless being would simply be way more complicate, and infinitly less comprehensible than the bb itself. Your substitute one mystery with another. How great!

The "majority" solution among modern philosophers that ask this ultimate question is that our bb is nothing special, and in fact, it is less mysterious if we suppose the existence of infinite many universes.
I for one am not going to claim the evidence of an engineer but by the logic of the evidence, it cant be denied. I still claim that as far as this universe is concerned, from our perspective, in this universe , preceding the bb there was nothing. Absolutely sod all, now I hear all types of theoretical propositions about the cause but I will ask again, explain the circumstances these theories give rise to. The biggest problem for all these theories is the back ground noise of the BB originates from the start and indicates that this space, the universe exists in, was not occupied before. Now it takes just as big a leap of faith to imagine what existed before the bb, that does not leave its footprint in our universe, as it does to believe it came from nothing. Till we find evidence of a universe prior to this one , we originated from nothing.

ValueRanger

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 10:10 am
@xris,
xris;96184 wrote:
This is the best you can do ? so from here tell me how do explain the BB occurring from this chaos theory? Walk me through your reasoning, because the link surely does not.

xris;96184 wrote:
originated from nothing.

Yes, please reason why we came from so much less, to so much more?

Err... you are comfortable with doing what you so often ask of others to give, correct?

Or is that just it?.. you are far less satisfied with being more, than less?

And please, start from your original beginning... when did you start to skew everything to less?

xris

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 10:28 am
@ValueRanger,
ValueRanger;96266 wrote:
Yes, please reason why we came from so much less, to so much more?

Err... you are comfortable with doing what you so often ask of others to give, correct?

Or is that just it?.. you are far less satisfied with being more, than less?

And please, start from your original beginning... when did you start to skew everything to less?
By giving a link you inferred that you knew the answer, im asking you to confirm this opinion. You give me your view then i will give you mine, but it is well posted my views ,on similar threads to this.

ValueRanger

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 10:33 am
@xris,
xris;96269 wrote:
By giving a link you inferred that you knew the answer, im asking you to confirm this opinion. You give me your view then i will give you mine, but it is well posted my views ,on similar threads to this.

Of course you do the same things over and over again, expecting different results. Try breaking this towards something new.

One last time: explain to me how you've come from less, and are more.

xris

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 11:27 am
@ValueRanger,
ValueRanger;96270 wrote:
Of course you do the same things over and over again, expecting different results. Try breaking this towards something new.

One last time: explain to me how you've come from less, and are more.
If you have read my reasoning, so often, dont ask again but criticise the reasoning. By the way, without being childish, you did offer to give me your theory first, so lets hear it? please.

ValueRanger

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 11:34 am
@xris,
xris;96289 wrote:
If you have read my reasoning, so often, dont ask again but criticise the reasoning. By the way, without being childish, you did offer to give me your theory first, so lets hear it? please.

Yes NoAngst, you, and so many other suppressives like you, are the reason why this domain is for sale.

Thanks for making the dividing line so much clearer. Your failure is justified in advancing the better.

xris

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 01:09 pm
@ValueRanger,
ValueRanger;96294 wrote:
Yes NoAngst, you, and so many other suppressives like you, are the reason why this domain is for sale.

Thanks for making the dividing line so much clearer. Your failure is justified in advancing the better.
Well i am surprised you feel my opinions are so influential. I'm getting a distinct feeling your brazen claims are turning into bitter facial twitches.

vectorcube

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2009 05:33 pm
@xris,
xris;96184 wrote:

Till we find evidence of a universe prior to this one , we originated from nothing.

There are plenty of people that think nothing is actually a tiny bit of something. If you say such a thing, then you don` t know what nothing means.

xris

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 03:22 am
@vectorcube,
vectorcube;96401 wrote:
There are plenty of people that think nothing is actually a tiny bit of something. If you say such a thing, then you don` t know what nothing means.
I have asked you to elaborate your theory on more than one occasion and your only reply was abusive and nonsensical. Now if you imagine i will be drawn into a silly game of words forget it.

Pathfinder

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 03:43 am
@vectorcube,
Thing= existence

No Thing= void of existence

In my mind there is no such thing as nothing, because we have existence. To suppose anything other than what we have is just speculation of possibilities.

The only reason a person supposes about nothing, is in relation to the origin of existence, and when one realizes that this is incomprehensible to the human mind, because all the mind can possibly know is what exists, than speculation about no thing in a reality of some thing, is simply beating one's head on the proverbial brick wall for no reason.

We have some thing, this instantly denies nothing. Nothing does not exist.

xris

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 05:00 am
@Pathfinder,
Pathfinder;96481 wrote:
Thing= existence

No Thing= void of existence

In my mind there is no such thing as nothing, because we have existence. To suppose anything other than what we have is just speculation of possibilities.

The only reason a person supposes about nothing, is in relation to the origin of existence, and when one realizes that this is incomprehensible to the human mind, because all the mind can possibly know is what exists, than speculation about no thing in a reality of some thing, is simply beating one's head on the proverbial brick wall for no reason.

We have some thing, this instantly denies nothing. Nothing does not exist.
But can you accept that before this universe there was no, something?

vectorcube

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 05:07 am
@xris,
xris;96477 wrote:
I have asked you to elaborate your theory on more than one occasion and your only reply was abusive and nonsensical. Now if you imagine i will be drawn into a silly game of words forget it.

I don ` t have a "theory". I am telling you how stupid the comment " the universe come from nothing" really is. It is very very stupid. Am i being too subtle?

xris

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 05:32 am
@vectorcube,
vectorcube;96490 wrote:
I don ` t have a "theory". I am telling you how stupid the comment " the universe come from nothing" really is. It is very very stupid. Am i being too subtle?
No your statements are just what i expected, you appear to want to enforce the childish image, i have of you. So you have no theory? then why claim to have one and then totally misquote my views, to hide your rash statement.

vectorcube

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 05:40 am
@xris,
xris;96492 wrote:
No your statements are just what i expected, you appear to want to enforce the childish image, i have of you. So you have no theory? then why claim to have one and then totally misquote my views, to hide your rash statement.

Are you joking? I don ` t need a theory to tell you that you are wrong. To even entertain the notion that the universe come from nothing is like thinking that moon is made of cheese. It is stupid.

I think you really need a reality check. A theory is not a made up story, or a guess. A hypothesis becomes a theory when there are mess of data to support the hypothesis, and that the hypothsis makes predictions of experiments many many times. You don ` t know what you are even talking about.

xris

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 06:01 am
@vectorcube,
vectorcube;96161 wrote:

Look closely at your statements and see if you can find your proposals ? Look closely and see if you can find your proposal that its just as likely to be the multiverse theory..Now tell me if it is possible, this theory and why you can be so certain?

vectorcube

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 06:47 am
@xris,
xris;96495 wrote:
Look closely at your statements and see if you can find your proposals ? Look closely and see if you can find your proposal that its just as likely to be the multiverse theory..Now tell me if it is possible, this theory and why you can be so certain?

I list some people with solutions. It is incorrect for me to take their credit, and say it is my idea. If you actually read, i actually never commit myself to any one position. i analyze some position, and find some position desirabe, and some unacceptable. I can look at many ideas, and objectively analyze it without commiting to anyone position. You on the other hand have no interest in learning, and objectively critizuing your own idea, and how it compares to others. Many crackpots are like you. They have no interest in learning, understanding the subject matter, and they rush to the most naive position that comes to mind. They lanch on to an idea with their pride, and be completely unwilling to learn from other people.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 01:38:43