Good and Evil

  1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Ethics
  3. » Good and Evil

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 12:12 am
The infinite supreme is good.
The nature of good is everything including nothing.
Evil is from good but it is only that part which is nothing. Evil is the absence of everything. The only aspect of evil is that of something different from good.
The nature of evil is change.
Good is everything including nothing, evil is only nothing. Nothing is change and the source of change is evil. All change occurs within evil as that is its nature. As good fills evil something different is changed to something else.
The full reflection of good within evil is god. Just as evil is only nothing, god is only everything including being the first thing. Within evil, god is good alone. Good defined is god. Within god everything is defined. Within evil the nature of good is changed to god. God is the creator. The creation of god within evil is entirely of good and created with good alone. The nature of creation is the evolution of things.
Good is everything including nothing. Nothing is evil and evil is only change. Good within evil is changed to god. God is everything changing. Everything that changes is creation. Creation is the evolution of things. Every thing within the universe is a manifestation of a particular aspect of the constantly changing good.
Within creation existence requires change and no thing can create itself but only be created by the changing of something else. For a thing to exist its aspect must first be taken from another thing.

Alternatively,

Good - that which does no harm
Evil - that which harms

Since it is that every thing within the universe can only come into existence through the harming of some other thing or things, no thing can be wholly good. Since the continued existence of many things relies on the continual destruction of other things, these many things are evil. Of the evil things, theirs is to perform the least amount of wrong action as possible and thereby decrease the amount of their evil within the universe.


 
Krumple
 
Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 12:28 am
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;146014 wrote:
The infinite supreme is good.
The nature of good is everything including nothing.
Evil is from good but it is only that part which is nothing. Evil is the absence of everything. The only aspect of evil is that of something different from good.
The nature of evil is change.
Good is everything including nothing, evil is only nothing. Nothing is change and the source of change is evil. All change occurs within evil as that is its nature. As good fills evil something different is changed to something else.
The full reflection of good within evil is god. Just as evil is only nothing, god is only everything including being the first thing. Within evil, god is good alone. Good defined is god. Within god everything is defined. Within evil the nature of good is changed to god. God is the creator. The creation of god within evil is entirely of good and created with good alone. The nature of creation is the evolution of things.
Good is everything including nothing. Nothing is evil and evil is only change. Good within evil is changed to god. God is everything changing. Everything that changes is creation. Creation is the evolution of things. Every thing within the universe is a manifestation of a particular aspect of the constantly changing good.
Within creation existence requires change and no thing can create itself but only be created by the changing of something else. For a thing to exist its aspect must first be taken from another thing.

Alternatively,

Good - that which does no harm
Evil - that which harms

Since it is that every thing within the universe can only come into existence through the harming of some other thing or things, no thing can be wholly good. Since the continued existence of many things relies on the continual destruction of other things, these many things are evil. Of the evil things, theirs is to perform the least amount of wrong action as possible and thereby decrease the amount of their evil within the universe.




This all reads like nonsensical rambling. First of all you never defined what a god is and you can't say that all things good are attributed to a god. Because some things defined as good are subjective and not objective realities. There are things that neither cause harm nor cause harm so what would they be? Not to mention that if god were to exist in the first place and that god created the current system then by all means god would be the fabricator of harm. If god is the designer, why not create a system were no harm is possible? Yet since harm is possible then by all means that god purposely created the system by which harm can be caused, making that god the fundamental leader of harm. Therefore to attribute god as being good is false statement. God would be the ultimate cause of harm.

Theists often neglect to reason out their arguments. They just ramble on and define things without investigating if those definitions actually work in the argument. Clearly you didn't do any thinking, but instead just rambled on without any consideration to what you were saying.
 
trismegisto
 
Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 01:00 am
@Krumple,
Wow so many questions, I will try to take them one at a time.

Krumple;146023 wrote:
This all reads like nonsensical rambling.


You are probably reading to quickly. This style is for a much slower pace.


Krumple;146023 wrote:
First of all you never defined what a god is and you can't say that all things good are attributed to a god. Because some things defined as good are subjective and not objective realities.


I am sure I stated that god is the full reflection of good within evil, good being the infinite supreme. Additionally, I defined god as the creator.

Of course I can say all things good are attributed to god as every thing is of god.

No things are good only the infinite supreme is good.


Krumple;146023 wrote:
There are things that neither cause harm nor cause harm so what would they be?


I am not sure what you are saying here but let me assure you there are no things within the universe that exist without having first caused harm. the only way that any thing can exist within the universe is by the dissolution of some other thing which by necessity harms the original thing. In fact it causes the original thing to no longer exist at all, if not completely dissolved it is changed into a different thing all together.


Krumple;146023 wrote:
Not to mention that if god were to exist in the first place and that god created the current system then by all means god would be the fabricator of harm.


being a created being it takes a lot of denial to try to disbelieve in being created.

god is the creator of that which harms, yes, but god only creates, god does not harm.


Krumple;146023 wrote:
If god is the designer, why not create a system were no harm is possible?


no harm means no change. there is no system in that.


Krumple;146023 wrote:
Yet since harm is possible then by all means that god purposely created the system by which harm can be caused, making that god the fundamental leader of harm. Therefore to attribute god as being good is false statement. God would be the ultimate cause of harm.


I wrote that god is the creator and the reflection of good. good being the infinite supreme. no thing within the universe can be good since every thing within the universe requires the harm of another thing to exist. Please reread what i wrote I am sure you will see.


Krumple;146023 wrote:
Theists often neglect to reason out their arguments. They just ramble on and define things without investigating if those definitions actually work in the argument. Clearly you didn't do any thinking, but instead just rambled on without any consideration to what you were saying.


Just because you do not understand does not mean that you need to be rude. Clearly you merely skimmed what I wrote and were not able to grasp its meaning. Hopefully I have cleared up your confusion here. I would be happy to help you further if you are still having problems. I understand that it is very profound and difficult to digest at a glance.
 
Krumple
 
Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 01:26 am
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;146039 wrote:
You are probably reading to quickly. This style is for a much slower pace.


Actually I read it several times because it seemed like the ramblings of a person and the verge of psychosis.

trismegisto;146039 wrote:

I am sure I stated that god is the full reflection of good within evil, good being the infinite supreme. Additionally, I defined god as the creator.


This is not what my question was asking. You can't just attribute something as being something without having a reference for it. I can't accept this definition because you provide nothing other than your own person opinion of what you want it to be.

trismegisto;146039 wrote:

Of course I can say all things good are attributed to god as every thing is of god.


This makes absolutely no sense.

trismegisto;146039 wrote:

No things are good only the infinite supreme is good.


Don't you mean your invented desire for what good is? What does it even mean to say infinite supreme good? It is a contradiction in terms. Infinite implies filling everything. So that would imply that everything is supremely good. But as you just stated no things are good. So your own definition is just nothing more than an empty definition.

trismegisto;146039 wrote:

I am not sure what you are saying here but let me assure you there are no things within the universe that exist without having first caused harm.


Nonsense. The atom. What harm did it cause?

trismegisto;146039 wrote:

being a created being it takes a lot of denial to try to disbelieve in being created.


It takes a lot of denial of reality to believe a god exists.

trismegisto;146039 wrote:

god is the creator of that which harms, yes, but god only creates, god does not harm.


Nonsense again. To create the thing in which causes the harm in the first place is the harmer. Once again your definition is just an empty desired trait that you insist must be there for your delusion to work.

trismegisto;146039 wrote:

no harm means no change. there is no system in that.


Nonsense again. There is change in things that cause no harm. Once again atoms. Atoms change and cause no harm. They do not have to destroy anything to become more complex or change.

trismegisto;146039 wrote:

I wrote that god is the creator and the reflection of good. good being the infinite supreme. no thing within the universe can be good since every thing within the universe requires the harm of another thing to exist. Please reread what i wrote I am sure you will see.


I don't need to because your definition is flawed. Like I have previously pointed out.

trismegisto;146039 wrote:

Just because you do not understand does not mean that you need to be rude. Clearly you merely skimmed what I wrote and were not able to grasp its meaning. Hopefully I have cleared up your confusion here. I would be happy to help you further if you are still having problems. I understand that it is very profound and difficult to digest at a glance.


Laughable. Profound? It is the ramblings of a madman. You haven't provided anything other than to restate your opinion again. You have not clearly defined anything and once again you failed to reason out weather or not your definitions make sense. As I have already pointed out atoms do not cause harm as you insist everything in the universe causes harm is nonsense.
 
HexHammer
 
Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 04:36 am
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;146014 wrote:
Good - that which does no harm
Evil - that which harms
Extremely old fashion and naive way of defining things.

People who contribute cloth and food to 3rd world countries, will think of themselfs as "good", when actually they'r evil. Recent studies has clarifyed that such mass contributions will undermine the local industries and destroy the ability to be selfsufficient, destroy the ability to export their goods and they end in a downward negative spiral.

Evil people usually have a good reason to be "evil" as they have been traumatized for a long period of time, and it's therefore the enviroment and not the person, well unless the person is born/enterd a psycotic/scitzophrenic state of mind.
 
pondfish
 
Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 05:17 am
@trismegisto,
GOOD and EVIL exist in same plane.

There is something else...absense of GOOD and EVIL both is possible.

You have to say , You do not exist.

Good and Evil are just beliefs. When you do not exist , beliefs do not exist!.
 
HexHammer
 
Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 06:20 am
@pondfish,
pondfish;146094 wrote:
GOOD and EVIL exist in same plane.

There is something else...absense of GOOD and EVIL both is possible.

You have to say , You do not exist.

Good and Evil are just beliefs. When you do not exist , beliefs do not exist!.
Yes, for the naive who belive in old philosophy that doesn't take account for manipulative demagogues, and other subjective matter where looking beyond the obvious doesn't count.
 
pondfish
 
Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 06:23 am
@trismegisto,
Things gets eaten. You are evil to plants. Will you agree? Foolish humans

it is all energy flow. People always attack weak first. Because it is easy!. Smile
 
trismegisto
 
Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 12:18 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple;146046 wrote:
Actually I read it several times because it seemed like the ramblings of a person and the verge of psychosis.


Ah. You are one of THOSE guys. Okay, I see. So all you want t do is be an ass. Thats okay, there are many people in these forums that are so scared and ignroant of themselves that all they can do is lash out at others to try and make themselves feel more important. I will try not to hold your immaturity against you.



Krumple;146046 wrote:
You can't just attribute something as being something without having a reference for it. I can't accept this definition because you provide nothing other than your own person opinion of what you want it to be.


Yes I can and its okay if you are not capable of accepting it. Whether or not you accept it has nothing to do with its validity. You are not that important.



Krumple;146046 wrote:
Don't you mean your invented desire for what good is? What does it even mean to say infinite supreme good? It is a contradiction in terms. Infinite implies filling everything. So that would imply that everything is supremely good. But as you just stated no things are good. So your own definition is just nothing more than an empty definition.


Please reread what you have written here, as it probably only makes sense in your head. You are going to need to flush out this little rant if you want others to have any idea what you are alluding to. YOUR version of infinite is completely skewed.



[/QUOTE]Nonsense. The atom. What harm did it cause?

Do you try to be so silly, think about the ridiculousness of you question. How is it even possible that an atom could exist without causing harm. You must be half asleep, please try to stay more cogent.





Krumple;146046 wrote:
Nonsense again. To create the thing in which causes the harm in the first place is the harmer. Once again your definition is just an empty desired trait that you insist must be there for your delusion to work.


You are really making me feel sorry for you but I will be patient and go slow. So what you are telling me is that if I create a beautiful glass vase and give it to you as a present and you take it and beat your mother over the head with it then I am the harmer? You have much to learn if you really believe this. What is more likely is that you are scared and lashing out at others somehow makes you feel stronger. It doesn't.



Krumple;146046 wrote:
Nonsense again. There is change in things that cause no harm. Once again atoms. Atoms change and cause no harm. They do not have to destroy anything to become more complex or change.


Perhaps you should think a little bit more about what you are going to write before you actually type it. I challenge you to find ONE credible scientist to agree with you on this point. You and I both know you will never find one.



Krumple;146046 wrote:
I don't need to because your definition is flawed. Like I have previously pointed out. Laughable. Profound? It is the ramblings of a madman. You haven't provided anything other than to restate your opinion again. You have not clearly defined anything and once again you failed to reason out weather or not your definitions make sense. As I have already pointed out atoms do not cause harm as you insist everything in the universe causes harm is nonsense.


Well, I certainly hope you feel better. Now that you have gotten that out of your system would you care to have an adult discussion of your lack of understanding on this topic? I will be glad to walk you through it step by step as you obviously struggle with the most basic concepts.

Have a great day.

---------- Post added 03-30-2010 at 11:22 AM ----------

HexHammer;146081 wrote:
Extremely old fashion and naive way of defining things./
Quote:


It is a very old way of looking at things but it is also absolutely true.
There is no way for any thing to be good as all things cause harm. Impossible to disprove as all facts are.

Now most people want to think of themselves as good and so they practice the least amount of evil as possible, granted, but that is a far cry from actually being good.


HexHammer;146081 wrote:
People who contribute cloth and food to 3rd world countries, will think of themselfs as "good", when actually they'r evil. Recent studies has clarifyed that such mass contributions will undermine the local industries and destroy the ability to be selfsufficient, destroy the ability to export their goods and they end in a downward negative spiral.

Evil people usually have a good reason to be "evil" as they have been traumatized for a long period of time, and it's therefore the enviroment and not the person, well unless the person is born/enterd a psycotic/scitzophrenic state of mind.



This, as I am sure you know, makes no sense at all. Could you please reword it or elaborate, I would like to try to understand what you are saying here.

---------- Post added 03-30-2010 at 11:27 AM ----------

pondfish;146094 wrote:
GOOD and EVIL exist in same plane.

There is something else...absense of GOOD and EVIL both is possible.

You have to say , You do not exist.

Good and Evil are just beliefs. When you do not exist , beliefs do not exist!.


Well, while it may be true that good exists within the plane of evil, I am afraid that evil cannot exist in the plane of good. It is fundamentally impossible for there it be an absence of good and evil.

What you CHOOSE to believe has no effect on reality and truth of the universe, creation, and the infinite supreme. You can either be blind to it or accept it, those are your only two options.

---------- Post added 03-30-2010 at 11:31 AM ----------

pondfish;146115 wrote:
Things gets eaten. You are evil to plants. Will you agree? Foolish humans

it is all energy flow. People always attack weak first. Because it is easy!. Smile



Eating other things is a great example of causing harm. By sculpting a statue the out of a granite block the sculptor has harmed the block. the block in turn owes its existence to the harming of the living rock in which it was quarried.

it is impossible for things not to harm, the trick is to do as little harm as possible.
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 05:30 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;146263 wrote:
Ah. the trick is to do as little harm as possible.
 
deepthot
 
Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 06:53 pm
@pondfish,
pondfish;146094 wrote:
.....Good and Evil are just beliefs. When you do not exist , beliefs do not exist!.


Lot's of people these days declare:

"I am connected therefore I exist."
 
HexHammer
 
Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 07:03 pm
@trismegisto,
When you learn more about psycology and the concept of "demagogue" then that is the first step to know that there are no such things as "good" or "evil".

Learn about the term "the road to Hell are paved with good intentions".

This will hopfully make you realize everything else are a naive way of looking at things.
 
classicchinadoll
 
Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 05:41 am
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;146263 wrote:

You are really making me feel sorry for you but I will be patient and go slow. So what you are telling me is that if I create a beautiful glass vase and give it to you as a present and you take it and beat your mother over the head with it then I am the harmer? You have much to learn if you really believe this. What is more likely is that you are scared and lashing out at others somehow makes you feel stronger. It doesn't.


This analogy doesn't work in this situation, If God created us so that by simply living we are being evil ie dying skin cells and the rest of it. It is not by our will we do these evil things but a fault of god for making us in a way we can not help but be evil. It is by gods will we are evil he created us this way. which would mean he is not good for he created a world that by his will would be evil in existing
 
Krumple
 
Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 05:57 am
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;146263 wrote:
Ah. You are one of THOSE guys. Okay, I see. So all you want t do is be an ass. Thats okay, there are many people in these forums that are so scared and ignroant of themselves that all they can do is lash out at others to try and make themselves feel more important. I will try not to hold your immaturity against you.


I was trying to understand your argument. I guess you see questioning as a form of immaturity.

trismegisto;146263 wrote:

Yes I can and its okay if you are not capable of accepting it. Whether or not you accept it has nothing to do with its validity. You are not that important.


You don't realize that your empty definition is why I couldn't accept it? Funny how you just assume that everyone will accept this infinite supreme because you say it. Who's acting important?

trismegisto;146263 wrote:

Please reread what you have written here, as it probably only makes sense in your head. You are going to need to flush out this little rant if you want others to have any idea what you are alluding to. YOUR version of infinite is completely skewed.


Okay, if my version is skewed, why not educate me on your version then? Instead of just telling me that my definition of infinite is wrong?

trismegisto;146263 wrote:

Do you try to be so silly, think about the ridiculousness of you question. How is it even possible that an atom could exist without causing harm. You must be half asleep, please try to stay more cogent.


Please, tell me then, what harm did the atom cause?

trismegisto;146263 wrote:

You are really making me feel sorry for you but I will be patient and go slow. So what you are telling me is that if I create a beautiful glass vase and give it to you as a present and you take it and beat your mother over the head with it then I am the harmer? You have much to learn if you really believe this. What is more likely is that you are scared and lashing out at others somehow makes you feel stronger. It doesn't.


I have no idea what you are even talking about. Once again, it was a question to your argument, yet you take it to be something insulting. You can't handle questions?

trismegisto;146263 wrote:

Perhaps you should think a little bit more about what you are going to write before you actually type it. I challenge you to find ONE credible scientist to agree with you on this point. You and I both know you will never find one.


Funny how you are expecting a scientific backing for my argument yet you require no backing for your own argument? Thanks for the irony. You tell me then, educate me on how atoms cause harm when they change form. If you are more knowledgeable then why not inform me?

trismegisto;146263 wrote:

Well, I certainly hope you feel better. Now that you have gotten that out of your system would you care to have an adult discussion of your lack of understanding on this topic? I will be glad to walk you through it step by step as you obviously struggle with the most basic concepts.

Have a great day.


You didn't answer a single question from my last post. I wonder if you will answer any from this one. Why is it you take questioning as insulting?


 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 06:04 am
@classicchinadoll,
classicchinadoll;148499 wrote:
This analogy doesn't work in this situation, If God created us so that by simply living we are being evil ie dying skin cells and the rest of it. It is not by our will we do these evil things but a fault of god for making us in a way we can not help but be evil. It is by gods will we are evil he created us this way. which would mean he is not good for he created a world that by his will would be evil in existing

You do no use vases for that. A poffertjespan would be more effective. Anyway, I do not hit my Mother consiously. Hit your own in your next post. Create some original joke: That's Enough

Pepijn Sweep
 
trismegisto
 
Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 01:55 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;148355 wrote:


Quit embarrassing yourself.

---------- Post added 04-05-2010 at 12:58 PM ----------

HexHammer;148387 wrote:
When you learn more about psycology and the concept of "demagogue" then that is the first step to know that there are no such things as "good" or "evil".

Learn about the term "the road to Hell are paved with good intentions".

This will hopfully make you realize everything else are a naive way of looking at things.


I think you are just confusing Good and Evil with right and wrong.

We are Evil, we strive to be Good, but we can only DO right or wrong. We cannot be Good and we cannot do evil.

---------- Post added 04-05-2010 at 01:15 PM ----------

classicchinadoll;148499 wrote:
This analogy doesn't work in this situation


Okay, you make several mistakes here but they are common so I will go through them one at a time.

classicchinadoll;148499 wrote:
If God created us so that by simply living we are being evil ie dying skin cells and the rest of it.


Yes, we are evil beings by necessity of existence. We must destroy in order to live just as all beings must destroy in order to live and that alone is what makes us evil.

classicchinadoll;148499 wrote:
It is not by our will we do these evil things but a fault of god for making us in a way we can not help but be evil.


Here is where you start to go wrong. The evil things we do is destroy to live. That is, we take the lives of plants and animals into ourselves so that we may continue to exist. That is our only evil action. If we were eternal we would not need this evil action. But if we were eternal we could not exist within the universe as the universe is not eternal.

classicchinadoll;148499 wrote:
It is by gods will we are evil he created us this way. which would mean he is not good for he created a world that by his will would be evil in existing


Anything that god creates is by necessity evil. While everything is of god no thing can encompass god, and is therefore lacking. Only that which is not lacking can be good. Every thing else is evil.

However, every thing is of god. while the forms things take are finite the substance of which they are made, god, is eternal. While forms change no part of the world is ever gone.
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 02:54 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148607 wrote:
Quiet embrassing yourself.<

---------- Post added 04-05-2010 at 12:58 PM ---------

I think you are just confusing Good and Evil with right and wrong.

We are Evil, we strive to be Good, but we can only DO right or wrong. We cannot be Good and we cannot do evil.

---------- Post added 04-05-2010 at 01:15 PM ---------

Okay, you make several mistakes here but they are common so I will go through them one at a time.

Yes, we are evil beings by necessity of existence. We must destroy in order to live just as all beings must destroy in order to live and that alone is what makes us evil.:devilish:

Here is where you start to go wrong. The evil things we do is destroy to live. That is, we take the lives of plants and animals into ourselves so that we may continue to exist. That is our only evil action. If we were eternal we would not need this evil action. But if we were eternal we could not exist within the universe as the universe is not eternal.

Anything that god creates is by necessity evil. While everything is of god no thing can encompass god, and is therefore lacking. Only that which is not lacking can be good. Every thing else is evil.

However, every thing is of god. while the forms things take are finite the substance of which they are made, god, is eternal. While forms change no part of the world is ever gone.


My God, the Kathare are back. Let's Organize an Late Eastern Cruisade against this evil faux. Who U are referring to with "we" I thought U'd be alone. No God is eternal; they re-juvenate at Will.
:lol:PS
 
HexHammer
 
Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 02:59 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148607 wrote:
I think you are just confusing Good and Evil with right and wrong.

We are Evil, we strive to be Good, but we can only DO right or wrong. We cannot be Good and we cannot do evil.
You see things black and white, when there's many shades of grey.

I assume you don't know the things which I spoke of, but please read up and get wiser.
 
Marat phil
 
Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 03:02 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;148607 wrote:

Yes, we are evil beings by necessity of existence. We must destroy in order to live just as all beings must destroy in order to live and that alone is what makes us evil.


Evil is withdrawal from God. The person - immortal. It isn't possible (death). All of us will revive. Therefore death it not evil. And torments it not evil. Death - phenomen temporary. Physical sufferings - phenomen temporary. We will be dead till doomsday.

But what such EVIL? - You ask me.

Evil is Eternal torments. Evil this eternal loneliness in hell. Problem of evil is not temporary sufferings of body of victim. Problem of evil are eternal torments of soul of the murderer.
 
trismegisto
 
Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 03:06 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple;148501 wrote:
I was trying to understand your argument. I guess you see questioning as a form of immaturity.


Who are you trying to kid, your remarks are clearly stated. You cannot hide behind false innocence. But perhaps you are just unaware of your rude nature, so I will let it go. However I have not yet read any further. If you have continued to be rude, I will return the favor.



Krumple;148501 wrote:
You don't realize that your empty definition is why I couldn't accept it? Funny how you just assume that everyone will accept this infinite supreme because you say it. Who's acting important?


Ah, so you do prefer the low road. Okay, well if thats the way you want it.

Like I said before, it does not matter if you accept it or not. It is the definition provided for this thread. If you are not capable of dealing with that then you should probably stop now. Otherwise structure your arguments around the definition. If you need authority figures to define how you think then you are in the wrong place.


Krumple;148501 wrote:
Okay, if my version is skewed, why not educate me on your version then? Instead of just telling me that my definition of infinite is wrong?


Well, I will try to make sense of what you wrote but it is really nonesense so bear with me. You seem to think that infinite implies filling everything which is silly in itself. infinite does not fill, it simply is. Inifinte is boundless. There is no sub-infinite. There is no infinite [thing]. There is only the infinte supreme. That is the only way the word infinite can be applied, there is no other use for it.



Krumple;148501 wrote:
Please, tell me then, what harm did the atom cause?


I don't think you meant to phrase the question like that. There were a couple atoms that caused some problems in Japan a few years back.

What I think you meant to ask was what harm was caused for atoms to exist? Well, for that you should ask a scientist because I am not well versed in that strain of history. BBut what I do know is that in order for atoms to exist particle-antiparticle pairs had to be destroyed and reduced to electromagnetic energy. Every THING requires the destruction of something else to exist. This is the harm every thing causes.



Krumple;148501 wrote:
I have no idea what you are even talking about. Once again, it was a question to your argument, yet you take it to be something insulting. You can't handle questions?


Just so everyone who reads this thread understands your position here. What you are implying is that what you wrote was not meant to be insulting? By the way, this is what you wrote:

"Once again your definition is just an empty desired trait that you insist must be there for your delusion to work."

Are you an idiot? I don't understand how you can insult someone and then cry foul for being called out for the insult. Grow up.




Krumple;148501 wrote:
Funny how you are expecting a scientific backing for my argument yet you require no backing for your own argument? Thanks for the irony. You tell me then, educate me on how atoms cause harm when they change form. If you are more knowledgeable then why not inform me?


We are dealing with good and evil which has no relation to science. If you CHOOSE to bring science into the argument it has to be good science, not just your own personal opinion of what you would like science to say.




Krumple;148501 wrote:
You didn't answer a single question from my last post. I wonder if you will answer any from this one. Why is it you take questioning as insulting?


Lets just take a look at EVERY question you asked in your last post:

Don't you mean your invented desire for what good is?
What does it even mean to say infinite supreme good?
What harm did it cause?
Profound?


Maybe you don't realize that you come across as an arrogant ass. Try rereading what you have written before you post if you don't want people to get that image of you.

If you simply reply with respect and civility and stop being so self-righteous you might actually learn something. After all, isn't that why you are here?
 
 

 
  1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Ethics
  3. » Good and Evil
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/12/2024 at 02:15:28