What is right and wrong?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

MuseEvolution

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 09:08 am
@hammersklavier,
If you think the war in Iraq was begun, and continued because anyone wanted to kill innocent Iraqi's then you're just naive, and haven't researched much of anything about that war. According to the official story, if we wanted to kill a bunch of innocent Iraqi's, we should have let well enough alone, and allow the regime's do that for us.

I'm not going to say that the war in Iraq wasn't criminal.

Fido

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 10:55 am
@MuseEvolution,
MuseEvolution wrote:
If you think the war in Iraq was begun, and continued because anyone wanted to kill innocent Iraqi's then you're just naive, and haven't researched much of anything about that war. According to the official story, if we wanted to kill a bunch of innocent Iraqi's, we should have let well enough alone, and allow the regime's do that for us.

I'm not going to say that the war in Iraq wasn't criminal.

The war would not have been begun except for oil... We don't worry about dictators or violence done to innocents... We wanted the oil, and the people were an impediment... We have already killed more Iraqis than Saddam, and in disturbing the whole fabric and accord of their society we have killed many more, and will continue to have many deaths laid at our door because of our activity....If Saddam were our target, when he was done we should have been done, knowing those people will only have the peace they agree to and that they will agree that much sooner to without us taking sides...Those people are different, and we can not understand them though the lens of our society...It was crazy to go and wrong to think we could do good.... Knowledge is virtue, and there is an example of evil done out of ignorance... As much as is possible people should be left to themselves...If they do not like their dictator, then empower them against him...In fact, he had the widespread support of many in his society simply because he did pass the oil money around... Do you think that is going to happen now that we own their oil???

MuseEvolution

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 11:09 am
@hammersklavier,
Ultimately my point is that while our nations war, I have no inherent animosity to the Iraqi people at large. I hope they hold no inherent animosity toward myself.

The overwhelming majority of civilians of Iraq aren't pulling the oil out of the ground, nor are they threatening the supply of said oil to us or anyone else. They in no way negatively impact my life, nor the lives of the average American. I never supported the war, nor did I vote to elect those who did.

It sounds as if you're agreeing with my sentiments, but trying desperately to find something in what I'm saying to argue with.

Fido

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 12:48 pm
@MuseEvolution,
MuseEvolution wrote:
Ultimately my point is that while our nations war, I have no inherent animosity to the Iraqi people at large. I hope they hold no inherent animosity toward myself.

The overwhelming majority of civilians of Iraq aren't pulling the oil out of the ground, nor are they threatening the supply of said oil to us or anyone else. They in no way negatively impact my life, nor the lives of the average American. I never supported the war, nor did I vote to elect those who did.

It sounds as if you're agreeing with my sentiments, but trying desperately to find something in what I'm saying to argue with.

I wouldn't count on those people not holding a grudge... Blood is morality, and they live in a different age... They know where those bombs are coming from, and they know who is allowing them to fall...
Now, what we are doing is taking on the Israeli model of international relations as our own..We hit them and kill them, and when they try to hit us we hit them harder still, and then they hit so we hit harder, and we never ever really look for peace, but we will look like we are looking for peace so we can justify hitting them all the harder when they break the peace... It is not supposed to end... Those who think in terms of their ever being an end to violence with the Muslims without giving them justice on equal terms are just excusing more violence...

MuseEvolution

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:10 pm
@hammersklavier,
I'll agree with that greatly, Fido.

Count on them not holding a grudge? Perhaps not. But I've only ever said that it is my hope that they do not hold the actions of my nation which I do not condone against me.

Fido

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 03:25 pm
@MuseEvolution,
MuseEvolution wrote:
I'll agree with that greatly, Fido.

Count on them not holding a grudge? Perhaps not. But I've only ever said that it is my hope that they do not hold the actions of my nation which I do not condone against me.

The difference between us and feuding societies is that they accept group responsibility...That is why they do not need cops on every corner...People police their own communities just as they defend their own communities...Everyone knows the rules... When one of their dies, they put out the news: Our blood has been shed... For that reason the U.S. is paying blood money for wrongful deaths... It is a wonderful facet of their culture that they all accept fate, and all demand justice, and all value mercy... But do not expect mercy without asking for it... Do not ask for mercy without doing all you can to make things right... And remember, they don't have to get the guilty to even the score...

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:05:07