70 years without food and water

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

jeeprs

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 02:16 am
@jeeprs,
I read the quote from Hume again. The meaning is very clear from the opening paragraph:
Quote:
It forms a strong presumption against all supernatural and miraculous relations, that they are observed chiefly to abound among ignorant and barbarous nations; or if a civilized people has ever given admission to any of them, that people will be found to have received them from ignorant and barbarous ancestors, who transmitted them with that inviolable sanction and authority, which always attend received opinions.

How can that be misinterpreted? It is quite unambiguous. But what constitutes a miracle? Augustine, who wrote a long time before Hume, said that 'miracles are not contrary to nature. They are contrary to what we know about nature'.

prothero

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 11:56 am
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;164503 wrote:
I. But what constitutes a miracle? Augustine, who wrote a long time before Hume, said that 'miracles are not contrary to nature. They are contrary to what we know about nature'.
I would not go basing my faith or my philosophy on "miracles" of this nature. For that matter science (although it should be taken into account) is not a good basis for faith or philosophy either. Faith and philosophy both should be tested against the realm of experience which includes values, ethics and aesthetics as well as science.

xelzaar

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 08:12 am
@jeeprs,
I might be possible for the body to absorb nutrition using the largest organ in the body - the skin.

The skin could easily absorb air moisture.

The skin might be able to absorb other floating molecules and synthesize nutrition.

It's not impossible.

We just don't know how to do it yet.

HexHammer

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 09:17 am
@xelzaar,
xelzaar;164927 wrote:
I might be possible for the body to absorb nutrition using the largest organ in the body - the skin.

The skin could easily absorb air moisture.

The skin might be able to absorb other floating molecules and synthesize nutrition.

It's not impossible.

We just don't know how to do it yet.
I'm not much into that branch of science, but I know frogs contrary humans can absorb water from their skin, and only other known method for humans to get water other than mouth, is anal induction.

prothero

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 02:19 pm
@HexHammer,
Perhaps you would like to learn how to survive on only air, or only air and sunlight. Plants do it why not humans?
We could through genetic engineering place chlorophyll in your skin, or provide you with the enzymes to break down cellulose (grass, leaves, bark)? Anyone?
None of these claims survive controlled study or long term observation. If your religion or your spiritual beliefs require these types of miracles to be held, then your religion is in trouble in the age of reason and science.
Breatharian Institute Of America
Quote:
Wiley has been a Breatharian for some 30 years and has been giving seminars and teaching his intrinsically learned philosophy for over 20 of those years. A Breatharian is a person who can, under the proper conditions, live with or without eating physical food. Wiley was first introduced to the world back in 1981 when he appeared on the national TV show "THAT'S INCREDIBLE" demonstrating his strength by lifting 1100 lbs of weights, nearly 10 times his own body weight. When in a non-polluted environment (air or electro) he sleeps 1 to 7 hours a week. Althought Wiley is now 70 years old (young) he is still able to lift 600 to 900 lbs of weight without ever working out. For the last few years, Wiley teaches only Empowered Ascension to a very few pre-qualified applicants.

=
Quote:
These individuals are known as breatharians, solarians, waterians, or pranarians, and they come from all walks of life, from different cultures, and all corners of the world.
Indeed, the Possibilities and miracles in this life the benevolent Our Creator Has designed for us are endless, we only Need to connect to Recognize Our abounding Within the largess God's children.

Supreme Master Ching Hai has lovingly recommended a weekly series on Supreme Master Television to introduce those individuals of the past and present who have chosen to live food-free on Earth.

May their spiritual stories enthrall you; may hearts be opened, and horizons be expanded.We now invite you to join us for our program, "Hira Ratan Manek: Sun Gazing For Peace and Good Health," on Between Master and Disciples

Welcome, caring viewers, to Between Master and Disciples on Supreme Master Television. Today we meet an amazing soul, Hira Ratan Manek, who travels the globe to teach others the art of sun gazing.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/27/2024 at 02:42:31