"Not thinking"

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reconstructo

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 04:12 pm
@TickTockMan,
TickTockMan;129718 wrote:

And is wisdom the same thing as knowledge?

I think "wisdom" implies an emotional element. Ecclesiastes says "Wisdom maketh a man's face to shine."

It's hard to take an anguished man as a wise man. But this anguished man may have the encyclopedia memorized.

TickTockMan

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 04:19 pm
@Reconstructo,
Reconstructo;130110 wrote:
I think "wisdom" implies an emotional element. Ecclesiastes says "Wisdom maketh a man's face to shine."

It's hard to take an anguished man as a wise man. But this anguished man may have the encyclopedia memorized.

So wisdom is a form of intellectual conceit then?

Would it be better to be a wise man, or a knowledgable man?

Alcohol maketh my face shine. Am I wise as a result? I know
I have often become anguished as a result.

groundedspirit

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 10:27 am
@Infovore,
Well, see here's the problem with 'not thinking'.
It would be a wonderful thing if we lived in a static world.
But we don't !
What we 'think' - what we 'believe' - what we think we understand is only as good as the knowledge & facts available to us at the time we make that decision.
But the world changes constantly. And there is usually more information out there that we haven't encountered yet.
Right now this disease is at epidemic proportion. People have gathered a small handful of sound bites, visual clips etc, assimilated them as THE TRUTH, and basically stopped thinking & questioning.

'Thinking' is a process in search of truth. And it seems there are few - if any - absolute truths in existence.

Shutting off the thinking process leaves you stuck to a rock in a moving stream.

GS

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 11:01:50