The Haiti Disaster

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 11:37 am
@Alan McDougall,
I wonder who will be the new members of the Bilderberg group?

PS. USA doesn't have the technoligy to build a new railroad-system!

Khethil

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 02:10 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;123887 wrote:
I wonder who will be the new members of the Bilderberg group?

PS. USA doesn't have the technoligy to build a new railroad-system!

Sure we do!

http://www.creationsbykim.com/Images/LevelsNEW/choo-choostool.jpg

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 02:18 pm
@Khethil,
Khethil;123903 wrote:
Sure we do!

http://www.creationsbykim.com/Images/LevelsNEW/choo-choostool.jpg

No serieus. France, Germany, China and Japan know how to build high-speed trains, including construction of the tracks and signaling.:detective:

Alan McDougall

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 02:18 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Haiti's Tragic History Contributes to Its Calamity > UCG Commentary on This Week's News

Haiti's government-and lack of government

Why is Haiti such a poor country? It's primarily due to Haiti's dismal history of oppressive government that has fostered a corrupt culture. If you read about the turbulent history of Haiti, you'll understand much of why Haiti is Haiti today.

Haiti got an early start. It was the second nation in the western hemisphere to win its independence (in 1804), the United States being first. But Haiti is the poorest nation in the hemisphere.

Haiti lacks natural resources, but so do Japan and Switzerland. Haiti shares the island of Hispaniola with the Dominican Republic, and yet the Dominicans have six times the gross domestic product.

Other nations have at times exploited Haiti; but more than that, other nations have generously come to its rescue time and time again. Before this earthquake, Haiti had 10,000 nongovernmental organizations working there, the highest rate per capita in the world. The Wall Street Journal noted Haiti had 10 times as much foreign aid as investment in 2007.

Haiti has been given many handouts of "fish," but the people need incentives to "catch fish." Yet Haiti's government has not been business-friendly-it has stifled free enterprise, neglected education and has not emphasized the work ethic.

High crime rates certainly intimidate would-be investors. The U.S. State Department's Web site posted this warning on Nov. 23, 2009: "There are no 'safe' areas in Haiti. Kidnapping, death threats, murders, drug-related shootouts, armed robberies, home break-ins and car-jacking are common in Haiti."

A column

manored

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 12:19 pm
@Alan McDougall,
I hate the comment in the end of this article =)

This makes me wonder what could possibly be done to get Haiti out of the mud... I dont meant the earthquake, but the poverty. It seens that just leaving then to thenselves wont work, and helping then do something for thenselves wont work either because they are too corrupt. What to do in a situation like this? I can only think of having a greater nation/ONU conquer then over and govern then until they are in conditions to govern thenselves.

TickTockMan

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 05:57 pm
@manored,
manored;129701 wrote:
I hate the comment in the end of this article =)

This makes me wonder what could possibly be done to get Haiti out of the mud...

No one has to do anything. As the end of the article states:
Quote:
But there is good news! Haiti will one day have good government-in fact, perfect government. Jesus Christ will return and set up His government, the Kingdom of God, over all the earth! Haiti and all the earth will have peace and prosperity! Read more about this promise in The Gospel of the Kingdom of God.

See? It's all in Christ's hands.
Don't you feel all better now?

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 12:38 am
@TickTockMan,
Will the Messiah be black?

Alan McDougall

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 12:44 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;129896 wrote:
Will the Messiah be black?

Why not, any way the messiah is not really human he is godman

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 03:44 am
@Alan McDougall,
Why a man? Why a man?

manored

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 01:28 pm
@TickTockMan,
TickTockMan;129758 wrote:

See? It's all in Christ's hands.
Don't you feel all better now?
No, I feel my levels of compassion for humanity dropping dramatically.

Alan McDougall;129898 wrote:
I heard that christ was almost certainly black, but since that was quite unnaceptable to the europeans who later adopted the religion, he was discretly changed into white. Aparently there are a lot of ancient christian churches where he is depicted as being black =)

Pepijn Sweep;129927 wrote:
Why a man? Why a man?
The angels are busy, the demons are evil, god never does anything personally (after the new testament, that is) and the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesnt really care.

TickTockMan

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 02:51 pm
@manored,
Alan McDougall;129898 wrote:

Why would a non-human godman care what happens on this goofy little planet?

manored;130020 wrote:

Well, that's certainly not very Christ-like of you."

Alan McDougall

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 12:00 am
@manored,
manored;130020 wrote:

I heard that christ was almost certainly black, but since that was quite unnaceptable to the europeans who later adopted the religion, he was discretly changed into white. Aparently there are a lot of ancient christian churches where he is depicted as being black =)

The angels are busy, the demons are evil, god never does anything personally (after the new testament, that is) and the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesnt really care.

Black or white does not matter to me, to me he is just the son of the living God

manored

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 10:57 am
@TickTockMan,
TickTockMan;130068 wrote:
Why would a non-human godman care what happens on this goofy little planet?
Too much free time =)

TickTockMan;130068 wrote:

Well, that's certainly not very Christ-like of you."
The right to not be very Christ-like is one of the many benefits of not being christian =)

Alan McDougall;130194 wrote:
Black or white does not matter to me, to me he is just the son of the living God
Nor it would matter to me, if I was christian, but I suspect it would matter to many =)

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 08:21 am
@manored,
Is it OK to go to Santa Domingo on a vacation? Seems so close to the disaster. But the offer is so nice...:sarcastic:

manored

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 10:01 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;130999 wrote:
Is it OK to go to Santa Domingo on a vacation? Seems so close to the disaster. But the offer is so nice...:sarcastic:
What are you afraid of? Rampaging haitians? =)

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 09:20 am
@manored,
manored;131019 wrote:
What are you afraid of? Rampaging haitians? =)

I just don't feel relaxed to be close to disaster and not able to do something.
Also I don't like private beaches, gated communities etcetera. But I would like to see what's left of the University (1506?) in Santa Domingo I believe.:whoa-dude:

manored

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 12:09 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;131387 wrote:
Also I don't like private beaches, gated communities etcetera. But I would like to see what's left of the University (1506?) in Santa Domingo I believe.:whoa-dude:
Well Haiti has always been a disaster, and will probally not cease to be a disaster in your lifetime, so you will have to ignore it if you ever want to be to Santa Domingo =)

Off course, you can wait until it returns to its normal level of desperation, if it bothers you that much.

Alan McDougall

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 11:25 pm
@Alan McDougall,
The voodoo cult is very active in Haiti just as it is in New Orleans, could this be a coincident?

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 11:40 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;131387 wrote:

---------- Post added 02-28-2010 at 10:46 PM ----------

Alan McDougall;133878 wrote:
The voodoo cult is very active in Haiti just as it is in New Orleans, could this be a coincident?

No. After the Revolution the French, coloured people and freed slaves moved en mass to New Orleans. I believe this was just before the Louisiana Land-purchase from Napoleon, financed by the Bank of Amsterdam. Still looking into the details...

manored

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 07:18 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;133878 wrote:
It can only be coincidence.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 07:27:41