The Haiti Disaster

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

TickTockMan

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 03:21 pm
@Deckard,
Deckard;123085 wrote:
Obviously, the Haiti earthquakes were the result of the use of H.A.R.P. technology by the international shadow government. (There, Khethil, happy now?)

Careful there, Deckard, or you might find yourself on the wrong side
of a V.K.

You know the score pal. You're either cop, or you're little people.

Deckard

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 03:30 pm
@TickTockMan,
TickTockMan;123088 wrote:
of a V.K.

What's a V.K.?

I guess I would be little people but I think that's a false dichotomy...pal.

TickTockMan

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 03:38 pm
@Deckard,
Deckard;123092 wrote:
What's a V.K.?

I guess I would be little people but I think that's a false dichotomy...pal.

Voight-Kampff machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
From your name, I assumed familiarity with Blade Runner.
The quote is also from the same movie.
I'm a geek for that movie . . .

kennethamy

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 03:40 pm
@TickTockMan,
TickTockMan;123088 wrote:
of a V.K.

I am not either. Neither is Warren Buffet.

Caroline

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 03:41 pm
@Alan McDougall,
I love that movie, I thought his aviatar was from that movie.

sometime sun

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 03:59 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;123026 wrote:
I still do not understand why going to bed when tired, without affecting any other person, would be selfish behavior.

If you are tired and you body is making the choices (action inactioning, inaction actioning) then it is not slefish, it may be selfless but this is not the same selfless that is the opposite of selfish.

SELF NEEDS SLEEP
SLEEP DOES NOT NEED SELF.

Sleep is involuntary, self is (mostly) voluntary, so when one thinks they can volunteer for sleep is when the slef has taken the reigns over the involuntary.
Self over body.
So sleep when involunatary is without self and when voluntary it is where a self NEED not be.
Self over sleep, to much or to little is selfish. Action actioning under the guise of self deluded inactioning. And some even believe selfless because they are doing something (action actioning) less.
Can one be selfish to ones self and ones body? Sure it can.

Could mean all action without inactioning is indeed selfish, and true selfless may mean only action inactioning, inaction actioning.
Have not as yet gone into this to much.

This was the really condenced version.Smile

Deckard

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 04:02 pm
@TickTockMan,
TickTockMan;123094 wrote:
Voight-Kampff machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
From your name, I assumed familiarity with Blade Runner.
The quote is also from the same movie.
I'm a geek for that movie . . .

Ah shucks, I'm sorry I missed the reference. Human or replicant: another false dichotomy.

manored

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 05:26 pm
@kennethamy,
TickTockMan;123084 wrote:
"The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working."

Everyone whom you see as stupid is either stupid, or very, very smart... =)

kennethamy;122764 wrote:
Because I was tired and wanted to go to sleep last night, and what I did affected no other person, what I did was selfish? You had better look up the word, "selfish". You do not know what it means.
You always affect another person. You could have stayed up all night guarding your family from serial killers, for instance.

Off course saying that all behavior is only selfish makes the word useless, so I prefer to think actions have different levels of selfishness.

kennethamy

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 05:31 pm
@manored,
manored;123128 wrote:
Everyone whom you see as stupid is either stupid, or very, very smart... =)

You always affect another person. You could have stayed up all night guarding your family from serial killers, for instance.

Off course saying that all behavior is only selfish makes the word useless, so I prefer to think actions have different levels of selfishness.

What on Earth makes you think they were in need of guarding from serial killers? Are you sure you don't mean "cereal killers"?
Suppose I prefer to think that actions have different levels of unselfishness? So everyone is really unselfish. That's just as sensible.

manored

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 05:55 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;123129 wrote:
What on Earth makes you think they were in need of guarding from serial killers? Are you sure you don't mean "cereal killers"?
So, you are telling me you are sure they are all perfectly and 100% safe from serial killers, and any additional efforts would be an absolute, total and complete waste, with not even one tiny bit of it being any worth?

kennethamy;123129 wrote:

Suppose I prefer to think that actions have different levels of unselfishness? So everyone is really unselfish. That's just as sensible.
We are getting entangled in the abyss that is trying to define the meaning of words. Whenever you can say everyone is selfish or not depends of the meaning one uses for the word. All actions ultimately seek to fulfil the desires of the actor, but that is not the normal meaning of selfish.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 05:30 am
@Deckard,
Deckard;123085 wrote:
Obviously, the Haiti earthquakes were the result of the use of H.A.R.P. technology by the international shadow government. (There, Khethil, happy now?)

The earth-quake is not the problem. It's lack of management and a social society. It is a human duty to help. Since there's hardly anything left than natural beauty, friendly people who survived slavery, alsways fought for freedom but stupidly shut down the oldest university from the Americas (founded 1505 I think)

Maybe set up a scholing system? 3 days labor en 2 days school:lol:

kennethamy

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 06:55 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;123821 wrote:
The earth-quake is not the problem. It's lack of management and a social society. It is a human duty to help. Since there's hardly anything left than natural beauty, friendly people who survived slavery, alsways fought for freedom but stupidly shut down the oldest university from the Americas (founded 1505 I think)

Maybe set up a scholing system? 3 days labor en 2 days school:lol:

You think that if the earthquake has happened in Los Angeles there would not have been a problem? What do you mean, the earthquake is not a problem?

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 07:05 am
@Alan McDougall,
Problem you can solve. In Holland we have to together to keep the water out. These organisations predate our State. How the disaster in New Orleans was handeled?

kennethamy

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 07:12 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;123827 wrote:
Problem you can solve. In Holland we have to together to keep the water out. These organisations predate our State. How the disaster in New Orleans was handeled?

Badly, of course. What is your point?

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 07:21 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;123828 wrote:
Badly, of course. What is your point?

You can't prevent a disaster by nature, but you can learn to limit the damages. Organized one way or another.

kennethamy

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 07:28 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;123833 wrote:
You can't prevent a disaster by nature, but you can learn to limit the damages. Organized one way or another.

Sure. I agree. Who would not?

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 09:45 am
@kennethamy,
Kopenhagen was not a big succes

kennethamy

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 11:19 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;123862 wrote:
Kopenhagen was not a big succes

Well, it depends on your point of view. I thought it was a great success. I think it is a success when dumb people fail to do something dumb. Although not surprising, of course.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 11:27 am
@kennethamy,
Obama coming last minute didn't really help. Vice-president of China went to Davos this year!:Not-Impressed:

kennethamy

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 11:29 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;123882 wrote:
Obama coming last minute didn't really help. Vice-president of China went to Davos this year!:Not-Impressed:

As I wrote just earlier, they both helped greatly.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:34:00