Crop Circles what do you think?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Crop Circles what do you think?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 01:01 am
There are crop circles almost unimaginably complex and this makes it difficult for me to believe they were done overnight by a few frauds

What are your comments?

http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2009/morganshill/P8020511123.jpg

Caroline

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 07:10 am
@Alan McDougall,
I think it's a very artistic gardener with plenty of time on his hands! If it were aliens Alan, I'm sure we'd know, I mean why come down, molest are crops and not stop and say hi, that's just rude!!!!!!!!Smile

jeeprs

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 05:00 am
@Alan McDougall,
Very easy to render in photoshop Alan. It might also be as Caroline says - artistic gardener.

On a more serious note, I never did believe that a couple of drinking mates went out and created the original crop circles. But I never wanted to get too pre-occupied with them either. Some very strange things do occur in the world, but I don't feel necessarily compelled to either explain them away or work out what is behind it. Life's too short.

pagan

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 05:31 am
@jeeprs,
we get a lot of crop circles where i live. People come from all over the world to see them. I have friends who reckon they are alien messages, friends who used to think they were strange weather energies but now think they are 'forged' and friends that don't know. Personally i think people can create these things especially with enough practice and modern high sensitive gps .... but that doesn't mean they are 'fake'.

I like them. If nothing else they are art. I also have a mate who is told by his farmer boss to cut them down as soon as they are spotted early in the morning because twirps just wander across the crops instead of using the tractor lines, and do a lot of damage.

Caroline

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 05:35 am
@Alan McDougall,
Messages from aliens, lol. What's it saying then, we love flowers and pretty patterns.
It's totally wrong to do this to the farmers, they want arresting, what a nuisance.

jeeprs

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 05:43 am
@Alan McDougall,
Question is, Pagan, who has enough time on their hands to do this stuff? Surely someone must be able to catch the perpertrators in the act? Does anyone make any money out of it?

pagan

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 06:17 am
@jeeprs,

Alan McDougall

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 07:05 am
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;82475 wrote:
Very easy to render in photoshop Alan. It might also be as Caroline says - artistic gardener.

On a more serious note, I never did believe that a couple of drinking mates went out and created the original crop circles. But I never wanted to get too pre-occupied with them either. Some very strange things do occur in the world, but I don't feel necessarily compelled to either explain them away or work out what is behind it. Life's too short.

The problem I have with the explanation is "how is it possible a few drinking mates go out at night and push the wheat overnight in the dark into the incredible patterns like the picture I posted.

Again "how do they do it overnight in the dark" given the incredible complexity of some of these patterns like the picture I posted???

The alien answer or magnetic flux or wind devils are equally absurd, these patterns are highly mathematical and artistic and that a drunk local frauds did it is also mindboggling

Highly creative gardening, yes maybe maybe but these hugely imaginative designs need time to create, so what could the real rational answer be???

I have yet to meet a gardener or group of gardeners that can produce an unimaginably complex pattern like I submitted in my first post, during the day, much less over the brief period during the night while a suspicious farmer sleeps with one ear and eye open

Alan

pagan

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 07:25 am
@Alan McDougall,
garden designs

http://janeaustensworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/parterre-designs-from-27the-gardens-of-wilton27-published-c1645.jpg

http://davidwallphoto.com/images/%7B4D9BBD62-2C3B-413B-963E-F88D242198AF%7D.JPG

personally i think a team of well practised and kitted up people could 'draw' a complex design in a crop over a few hours, even in the dark. After all there is a lot of repetition.

Caroline

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 07:37 am
@Alan McDougall,
LaughingLaughingLaughing
ROTFL!

Alan McDougall

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 08:02 am
@Caroline,
Could Man Make This Complex Crop Circle in just 4 hours? [SIZE=+0]To many people, crop circles are usually thought to be the work of hoaxers, and every year, more and more elaborate designs appear throughout not only the United Kingdom, but also all over the World. However, over the past month or so, there are 3 formations that begs the question: 'Could these elaborate crop formations really be created by man?'. One of the formations that recently appeared seems to show a reply from some higher intelligence, to a message that was sent out into deep space from Earth in 1974. More on that in a moment, lets first look at an amazing circle that appeared a few weeks before 'The ET Message'.[/SIZE]
http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/galaxy.jpg[SIZE=+0]One of the most interesting circles to appear in recent years appeared during early August this year at Milk Hill, Alton Barnes, Wiltshire that has been named 'The Galaxy'. This particular circle comprised of more than 400 circles, perfectly aligned in a psychedelic swirl. The whole formation measured a mammoth 1500 feet across with the circles ranging in size from a few feet in diameter to more than 70 feet across! John Lundberg, who is a self-confessed crop circle hoaxer, said 'If this formation was man-made, allowing for time to get into and out of the field under cover of darkness, the construction time should be around four hours.'[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]'Given that there are 400 circles, some of which span 70ft, that would mean that one of these circles would need to be created every 30 seconds and that's not even allowing time for the surveying, purely for flattening. This formation pushes the envelope, and that's a massive understatement.'[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]Karen Douglas, 31, who is a crop circle expert from Gosport, Hampshire, added: 'This is very, very exciting. Even the people who usually debunk the formations think this one is incredible. It is the sheer size and complexity that sets it apart. There have been big formations before but never as many circles. People are really astounded by it.'[/SIZE]
http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/milkhill.jpg[SIZE=+0]
In 1991, two Southampton pensioners, Doug Bower and Dave Chorley, confessed they had been making patterns in fields since the Seventies. But although they claimed to have hung up thier 'stompers' - the wooden planks they said they used to flatten the crops - the circles have continued to appear. The shapes have grown more complex, ranging from representations of the DNA spiral and intricate mathematical figures. As you will see from the other amazing formation that appeared in August, that is featured below, it seems that perhaps hoaxers are not responsible for all the circles that appear![/SIZE]

xris

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 08:14 am
@Alan McDougall,
The point Caroline made was,would aliens be that childish as to make pretty patterns in a corn field, however complex.Just flying over and making funny noises like they did it "close encounters" would be sufficient.

pagan

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 08:42 am
@xris,
well even though i don't personally go for the alien theory or anything way out and weird ......
Quote:

The point Caroline made was,would aliens be that childish as to make pretty patterns in a corn field, however complex.Just flying over and making funny noises like they did it "close encounters" would be sufficient.

be sufficient? Sufficient for what? ........ and why is making pretty patterns childish?

xris

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 08:51 am
@pagan,
pagan;82763 wrote:
well even though i don't personally go for the alien theory or anything way out and weird ......

be sufficient? Sufficient for what? ........ and why is making pretty patterns childish?
It would be sufficient to impress us.
So if they have the audacity to visit us from another planet, unannouced and the only thing they could think of doing was to ruin a farmers crop,yes extremely childish.
So if it aint aliens, locals having a laugh, who or what is it.

Labyrinth

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 09:06 am
@xris,
So are any of these farms under any sort of video surveillance? This would be quite revealing, wouldn't it?

I like the aliens idea. However, we shouldn't presume they would come for the purposes to befriend us. They could be collecting something (valuable to them, insignificant to us) of high priority, and they might see the hullabaloo resulting from us detecting them to be unnecessary, difficult to resolve, and counter-productive.

pagan

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 09:19 am
@Labyrinth,
hi xris

the audacity indeed ! ..... you mean like compounding it and announcing your arrival on the whitehouse lawn. What about aliens who are embarassed at the thought of appearing audacious ..... and would prefer to look childish instead. Smile

hi labyrinth yeh some fileds are under video surveillance. Researchers, farmers and people looking for other stuff like wildlife and ufo's.

Lily

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 09:19 am
@Alan McDougall,
I find it hard to belive that aliens who are smart enough to make a space ship that can take them to earth would just land, make some patterns in a field and then just leave. Why would anything do that??? Put the fields under video surveillance!

pagan

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 09:27 am
@Lily,
lol hi lily

..... yeh but

Quote:
Life is like a gnome on LSD, short and weird

Smile maybe they intend to stay!

Krumple

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 09:36 am
@Alan McDougall,
crop circles have been debunked years ago.

A farmer and his wife showed how they did it. They tied rope to a two by four and more rope with markers to pin point centers to form perfect circles. They showed how you can quickly push over large areas of wheat in just a matter of minutes. By stepping on the two by four it would bend over the stocks of wheat without actually damaging them then by pulling up on the rope you could pick up the two by four enough to make another step.

pagan

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 09:43 am
@Krumple,
i agree krumple ..... but some of them are amazing. I like them.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Crop Circles what do you think?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 01:13:01