Would we want to live forever?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

stevecook172001

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 12:50 pm
@manored,
manored wrote:

A choice can never be a bad thing, or.... can it? =)

If freedom scares you, choice is a bad thing

If freedom is something you welcome, choice is a good thing.

mark noble

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 01:04 pm
@glasstrees,
Hi dwixi!
Nice to meet you.

IMO You will live forever - Just not only as you, that's all.

Have a brilliant everything, always!

Mark...

manored

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 10:50 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi dwixi!
Nice to meet you.

IMO You will live forever - Just not only as you, that's all.

Have a brilliant everything, always!

Mark...
I believe I will live forever... as me. There is no other way I can live forever, becoming someone else is the same as dying.

Ragman

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 10:53 am
@glasstrees,
forever? I'd just like to make it to 75.

mark noble

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 10:57 am
@manored,
Hi Manored!

Good point! I agree. We can only perceive "ourselves" whilst we are "ourselves". But what if all of us are a sole universal manifestation of "Ourself". in all given locations?

Kind regards.
mark...

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 12:06 pm
I would have to live forever in order to know if I want to live forever.
Since I can´t, I also can´t tell...can I ?

mark noble

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 01:37 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Hi Filipe!

Do you recall ever not being?

Kindest regards.
mark...

manored

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 09:27 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Manored!

Good point! I agree. We can only perceive "ourselves" whilst we are "ourselves". But what if all of us are a sole universal manifestation of "Ourself". in all given locations?

Kind regards.
mark...
Thats still you. Nothing changed. =)

Fil Albuquerque wrote:

I would have to live forever in order to know if I want to live forever.
Since I can´t, I also can´t tell...can I ?
Nice point.

north

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 07:25 pm
@glasstrees,
dwixi wrote:

Would we as humans want to live forever? Even if we made the world perfect? Even if we got to the state of life being one giant orgasm of joy and love.

Personally I dont think so.

This would get boreing. And we would create games like this. Like life. With not quite perfectness. But a playing feild for beauty. And we would need death to kill our ego and start again. This way we will never get bored. This way there would be a reason for something to exist rather than nothing existing atall.

Are there any philosophers that have a similar view to this? basicly Buddhism but the goal not being to transition the ego but it having a purpose. Limiting us so we don't get bored. And always see beauty.

to live forever would be assume , think of how much you could learn , experience , you could travel the Universe

as long as I could keep my sanity , and had others that could and would in my ship , I'm in !!!!

JLNobody

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 07:46 pm
I would like to live until I tired of life, not one minute more nor one minute less. I certainly would no want to exist after EVERYTHING else ceased to exist. In fact I think the actual "me" IS everything: Tat tvam asi .

JLNobody

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 07:47 pm
@JLNobody,
Where is everyone?

roger

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 12:56 am
@JLNobody,
Well JLN, we've been wondering about you too. I just happened to bumble into the philosophy forum and saw your post. Somehow, you seem to have taken the road less traveled.

Maybe try "forums" instead of "groups".

clueless7321

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 03:03 am
@glasstrees,
People always say, that everyone is here for a reason. If I could live pain free, I would sure like to spend forever meeting EVERYONE. I'd have a lot of questions. Other than that, give me a boat and a fishing pole, and my kids, and I would be happier than a pig in the mud, forever.

gr898

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 02:53 pm
ya

toreason

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 06:28 am
@glasstrees,
We live forever in spirit, we are only visiting life.

Consciousness says we are just a visitor.

The concept of a human living more than one life, is just that the same DNA experience is re owned. The atmosphere records image and voice in its natural radiation content. So little children proved that a pre lived human adult life was fully aware in their life experience. Yet each of us is only born by the act of human sex.

Which is proof that we come from a spiritual place, that is named as eternal. We separated from eternal and own one part of our spirit in it when the self dies as a human organic body. Otherwise we simply would not believe that we ever lived before, as we know human sex procreates our life.

pavansandeepa99

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2020 08:48 am
@glasstrees,
I don't think so. Not everything is eternal. It is worth being happy as long as it lasts. We can become addicted to art so that we can make our lives more beautiful and reduce the stress on our minds.

Child of Monica

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2022 08:31 am
@Lily,
But our will follows our mind and you and I do not know what 'eternal life' is
If you had known the full impact of this life and you had had a choice you might have rejected this too

ausquery

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2022 10:37 am
Nah, I wouldn't also depends does the hypothetical apply to everyone.

Cos be shit time of an self perpetuating list of funeral to attend.

I rkn mortality makes life more appreciated, unless ur not a fan of natural causes if death.
Myself come from a dynasty of premature death owed to prolonged substance abuse.

Mrknowspeople

Reply Mon 2 May, 2022 10:06 pm
Would humans? Personally, you don't think so? Nobody ever has said that and actually been willing to own it.

Mrknowspeople

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2022 12:37 am
@glasstrees,
You are afraid to say yes as it might not be a good time? I get that.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 04:31:28