Amazingly Fatty Foods

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Amazingly Fatty Foods

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Khethil

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 05:27 am
Good Morning,

I saw this on the news this morning and remembered our discussions on Vegetarianism. Some of the worst foods for you (Site Link Here)

Note: You'll not want to be eating when you see some of the things people have come up with.

Enjoy Smile

xris

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 05:47 am
@Khethil,
Oh my oh my ,i got to page three and felt real ill.Thats discusting, do Americans realy eat these ? Ive got one small ham sandwich and a banana for lunch.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 05:53 pm
@xris,
Top ten fast food items with the highest calories.

1. White Castle Chocolate Shake - Large (Louisville region)
    Calories: 1680
  2. Nathan's Fish N Chips
    Calories: 1537
  3. Carl's Jr. Double Six Dollar Burger
    Calories: 1520
  4. Hardee's Monster Thickburger
    Calories: 1420
  5. Dairy Queen Large Choc. Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard
    Calories: 1320
  6. Hardee's Double Bacon Cheese Thickburger
    Calories: 1300
  7. Dairy Queen Large Chocolate Malt
  8. Nathan's Chicken Tender Platter
  9. Jack In The Box OREO Cookie Ice Cream Shake (24oz)
    Calories: 1290
  10. Dairy Queen Chicken Strip Basket (6 piece)
    Calories: 1270

Dude... one large shake at whitecastle has 1680 calories... 1680! Lets put that in perspective, 1680 calories is equivalent to 17 caramel apples, 3 1/2 large bags of Frito corn chips, or 14 large cupcakes. WTF Dairyqueen.

Check out the rest of the highest calorie fast food items here... nasty stuff.

The 272 Fast Food Items Highest In Calories

Also, to address xcris,

xris wrote:
Oh my oh my ,i got to page three and felt real ill.Thats discusting, do Americans realy eat these ? Ive got one small ham sandwich and a banana for lunch.

Your typical American maintains a healthy diet of fruits, vegetables, and a large selection of land mammals daily such as cows, dogs, cats, and small yet obese children. We ingest them, cowboy hats and all. Though the Federal drug administration does not count them, the soul is also a part of the American diet. Yes, the soul exists, and yes, Americans find them delicious. But that's seriously nasty though xcris... ham sandwiches???

Zetherin

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 06:05 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:

Xris,

In short, yes they do.

For proof I'd recommend browsing through one of the many (and I emphasize many) shopping malls throughout the country.

Quote:
Your typical American maintains a healthy diet of fruits, vegetables
Hahaha, this is a joke... right?

EDIT: Oh, it is. Very Happy

xris

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 06:31 am
@Zetherin,
Wooper way ..In the land of plenty i eat my way to dixey..wooper way wooper way..

bundo

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 03:37 pm
@Khethil,
On my prospective I think their is more to fast food then the Calories. I think it's about how much you eat a day. You would probably worry about how much in take your eating to worry about the Calories.

Zetherin

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 03:51 pm
@Khethil,
It has nothing to do with just sheer quantity, it's calories. Your body won't gain weight unless you consistently exceed your suggested caloric intake (absent of other health problems which could cause fat gain, for various reasons).

But, since sheer quantity usually does equal a higher calorie consumption, you're kinda right -- people should worry about just how much they're eating.

Elmud

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 05:37 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
VideCorSpoon wrote:

Also, to address xcris,

Your typical American maintains a healthy diet of fruits, vegetables, and a large selection of land mammals daily such as cows, dogs, cats, and small yet obese children. We ingest them, cowboy hats and all. Though the Federal drug administration does not count them, the soul is also a part of the American diet. Yes, the soul exists, and yes, Americans find them delicious. But that's seriously nasty though xcris... ham sandwiches???

LOL. i think I almost, well, ,,,,,,,,,,, myself on that one.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 03:50 pm
@Elmud,
I dunno, folks: that deep-fried Moon Pie on a stick looks delicious.

Zetherin

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 05:00 pm
@Khethil,
White Castle Chocolate Shake - Large (Louisville region)
Calories: 1680

Haha, one chocolate shake is more than half the calories an average male should eat a day.

xris

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 07:30 am
@Zetherin,
Another small ham sandwich with an apple today.Im cooking Chinese lemon chicken tonight so thats my indulgence..Im so glad i dont face the temptations you lads have to..My kids have in the past returned from America telling me tales of enormous helpings in restaurants but i thought they had exaggerated.

Theaetetus

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 07:59 am
@Khethil,
Baskin Robbins large Oreo shake has 2,600 calories, 135 grams of fat, and 263 grams of sugar. I think drinking a whole one in one sitting instantly causes diabetes.

Here is an ingredient list for their Heath Bar shake monstrosity, which has only 2300 calories for a large and probably has about as much fat as the Oreo variety.

Ingredients:

VideCorSpoon

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 09:17 am
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus wrote:
Baskin Robbins large Oreo shake has 2,600 calories, 135 grams of fat, and 263 grams of sugar. I think drinking a whole one in one sitting instantly causes diabetes.

2600 calories = 50 oreo cookies (which interestingly enough is the amount of oreo's in a large box of oreo cookies) So... what Baskin Robins actually did was take an entire box of oreo cookies, liquify it, and basically inject it into you stomach via shake. Better yet, why stop there? Take a handful of "natural flavors" and preservatives like parabens from the chemical grab-bag and add those to the mix... don't worry, it'll taste great. Top people worked on putting that concoction together... top people.

What? Diabetes? I specifically heard Wilford Brimley say "it'll help ya live a better life." What's that? You don't want me to live a better life?

http://www.philosophyforum.com/forum/members/videcorspoon/albums/funny-philosophyforum-shenanigans/588-itll-help-ya-live-better-life.jpg

Theaetetus

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 09:48 am
@Khethil,
I wish my old hard drive wouldn't have failed, and thus, I lost everything on it. I had a nutrition label for one of their special shakes from a couple of summers ago, and it looked like the label for instant death.

Wilford Brimley...reminds me of that horrible Wilford Brimley rap.

YouTube - Wilford Brimley: The Funky Diabeetus

Bones-O

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 11:41 am
@Khethil,
Apparently the junk food pizza is topped with jalapeno poppers. I'm guessing that jalapeno slices dipped in amyl nitrate..?

Are all these American? There seemed to be a lot of Glaswegian cuisine there. A disproportionate amount of it, actually. To the point where Glaswegians really ought to see this.

EDIT: Though the meta-pizza is genius.

xris

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 12:17 pm
@Bones-O,
Bones-O! wrote:
Apparently the junk food pizza is topped with jalapeno poppers. I'm guessing that jalapeno slices dipped in amyl nitrate..?

Are all these American? There seemed to be a lot of Glaswegian cuisine there. A disproportionate amount of it, actually. To the point where Glaswegians really ought to see this.

EDIT: Though the meta-pizza is genius.
Does ye want a fat lip laddie...rrs u saying we jocks are fussy eaters..

Bones-O

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 12:27 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
Does ye want a fat lip laddie...rrs u saying we jocks are fussy eaters..

You take the lettuce and tomato out of your burgers, don't you? Never met a Glaswegian that didn't. And deep-frying everything... what's that all about? How can we make this burger even worse for us..? I know, drop it in the deep-fryer! Mmmmm... yum!

Not as weird, though, as the american fixation with mixing meat with sweets: chocolate covered bacon, bacon muffins, candy pizzas... Do they have no taste buds at all...? Pancakes with maple syrup on the same plate as bacon and eggs.... It's just wrong!

xris

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 01:29 pm
@Bones-O,
Bones-O! wrote:
You take the lettuce and tomato out of your burgers, don't you? Never met a Glaswegian that didn't. And deep-frying everything... what's that all about? How can we make this burger even worse for us..? I know, drop it in the deep-fryer! Mmmmm... yum!

Not as weird, though, as the american fixation with mixing meat with sweets: chocolate covered bacon, bacon muffins, candy pizzas... Do they have no taste buds at all...? Pancakes with maple syrup on the same plate as bacon and eggs.... It's just wrong!
They are all heathens not like us tasteful english..A good english madras, poppadoms and a mango chutney..washed down with a pint of belchers..Oh im so glad we had a an empire , im so grateful we ruled India .

Kage phil

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 02:05 pm
@Khethil,
I can honestly say none of that looked good to me..

I thought a 500 Calorie Big Mac was bad... That stuff is sickening

The sandwich cake was kind of pretty though Very Happy

Khethil

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 02:22 pm
@Kage phil,
Yea, me neither. I can't imagine some food combinations folks put together.

But for you across the various ponds and such; this thing is a story precisely because it isn't the norm; and probably isn't any more prevailant here as anywhere else (besides, who's going to define "odd"). But no, as a country we might not eat very well. But the stuff mentioned in the OP story is definitely fringe.

Thanks

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Amazingly Fatty Foods
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:54:04