Vegetarianism is a Higher level View

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

MJA

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 10:54 am
@Dave Allen,
Gandhi was an equalitarian Just like me.

I find that to be the ultimate truth of religion,
the truth that truly God = One = All.
Equal is the Truth!
Don't eat meat for their truth too.

=
MJA

Dave Allen

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 10:59 am
@MJA,
So the son of a bhangi should be a bhangi too?
'Tis revolting piffle - I cry fie on you!
Compassion for the cow is a dispicable 'Way'
whilst the latrine cleaner starves on the streets of Bombay.

MJA

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 11:12 am
@Dave Allen,
The equitable compassion of All for All is the Just Way.
When we learn to treat All equal as One,
One become All.
God = All.

=
MJA

Dave Allen

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 11:17 am
@MJA,
"When we learn to treat all equal as one"
Where does the untouchable sit in your sum?

Zetherin

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 11:19 am
@MJA,
One become All,
God = All,
Talking to MJA is like talking to a stone Wall.

Very Happy Just kidding with you!

MJA

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 11:28 am
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:
One become All,
God = All,
Talking to MJA is like talking to a stone Wall.

Very Happy Just kidding with you!

Your on the right path, keep goin, I'll help if I can.

It's OK to build Ones' castles in the air,
but only if the foundation is made of truth.
Oneday in my castle built on truth,
All will be One.
All is One.

=
MJA

Mr Fight the Power

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 11:47 am
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:
What kind of 'justification' do you seek from a vegetarian? He's reiterated "Equality" and "Oneness" over a dozen times, and this is obviously the source of his unwillingness to eat meat. The understanding behind "Equality" and "Oneness", while I still don't fully grasp, is his truth. My main concern was that I asked for elaboration, detail, and all I got was poetic reiteration (But, as noted, he at least described where he was coming from [detail!], and so I'm more content).

What more do you seek?

I don't seek justification from vegetarians. I seek justification for the truth.

If he doesn't want to provide justification, thats fine, he can eat whatever he like. I just wish that he and others would quit debasing the truth, however.

Zetherin

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 11:49 am
@Mr Fight the Power,
Mr. Fight the Power wrote:
I don't seek justification from vegetarians. I seek justification for the truth.

If he doesn't want to provide justification, thats fine, he can eat whatever he like. I just wish that he and others would quit debasing the truth, however.

What justification would you like provided for his truth? Please be specific.

Mr Fight the Power

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 12:10 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:
What justification would you like provided for his truth? Please be specific.

His "truth" isn't truth, its taste.

There is no justification.

If you are asking what my standard of justification is, that is for a whole other thread.

Zetherin

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 12:23 pm
@MJA,
A justification for me not liking icecream could be: I prefer savory over sweet. This is a taste preference. Similarly, a personal truth could have justification; it could be a taste with justification. Demand the type of justification you seek from one highly religious, and you'll get the same faithful responses. No "evidence" will be presented, as there is none (this is what I assume you mean by justification). All we can do is ask for elaboration of the justification for better understanding, as no "evidence" will be provided. It's a belief/faith issue. This is why I ask you to be specific. If you ask specific questions to MJA, he can better address where he's coming from (Well, I'd hope he would!)

Mr Fight the Power

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 12:52 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:
A justification for me not liking icecream could be: I prefer savory over sweet. This is a taste preference. Similarly, a personal truth could have justification; it could be a taste with justification. Demand the type of justification you seek from one highly religious, and you'll get the same faithful responses. No "evidence" will be presented, as there is none (this is what I assume you mean by justification). All we can do is ask for elaboration of the justification for better understanding, as no "evidence" will be provided. It's a belief/faith issue. This is why I ask you to be specific. If you ask specific questions to MJA, he can better address where he's coming from (Well, I'd hope he would!)

That is cause, not justification.

I can make the proposition that the world is flat because I am an idiot, but that doesn't mean the proposition is justified.

Zetherin

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 01:08 pm
@Mr Fight the Power,
That is cause, not justification.

I can make the proposition that the world is flat because I am an idiot, but that doesn't mean the proposition is justified.

A moral statement such as, "I think it's wrong to eat other animals", is not the same as a proposition such as, "I think the world is flat". Through scientific evidence one can demonstrably show the world isn't flat. How can one show, through any method, that "I think it's wrong to eat other animals" is true or false? One cannot. Moral "Right" and "wrong" are outside the boundaries of objective methods. Thus, I still ask: What do you seek? If you seek conclusive "evidence" regarding his personal truth of, "I think it's wrong to eat other animals", you will find none; morality is not guided by objective knowledge.

If you seek objective "evidence" for every moral statement, you must drive yourself crazy!

Mr Fight the Power

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 01:18 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:
A moral statement such as, "I think it's wrong to eat other animals", is not the same as a proposition such as, "I think the world is flat". Through scientific evidence one can demonstrably show the world isn't flat. How can one show, through any method, that "I think it's wrong to eat other animals" is true or false? One cannot. Moral "Right" and "wrong" are outside the boundaries of objective methods. Thus, I still ask: What do you seek? If you seek conclusive "evidence" regarding his personal truth of, "I think it's wrong to eat other animals", you will find none; morality is not guided by objective knowledge.

If you seek objective "evidence" for every moral statement, you must drive yourself crazy!

You are merely arguing that there is no moral truth.

If true, we still cannot say MJA is offering us his "truth".

Zetherin

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 01:27 pm
@Mr Fight the Power,
You are merely arguing that there is no moral truth.

I believe they are different types of propositions, yes.

Quote:
If true, we still cannot say MJA is offering us his "truth".
If it's *true* to the individual, I call that a personal truth. I understand it could be interpreted ambiguously. Sorry for not clarifying earlier.

Mr Fight the Power

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 01:58 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:
I believe they are different types of propositions, yes.

If it's *true* to the individual, I call that a personal truth. I understand it could be interpreted ambiguously. Sorry for not clarifying earlier.

How do you differentiate between personal taste and personal truth?

MJA

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 02:06 pm
@Mr Fight the Power,
The Universal truth, is my truth,
and the justification is justice itself.
Justice is the truth of equality,
And nothing is more infinitely absolute than that.
Don't eat meat, its the equitably just Way to be.
To be One,Smile

=
MJA

Zetherin

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 02:17 pm
@Mr Fight the Power,
How do you differentiate between personal taste and personal truth?

I don't.

When I write "personal", I am leaving the realm of objective understanding. Any proposition made through Science, for instance, would not be considered personal. Neither would any proposition made through any other means of objective rationalization. Taste is personal and can only be justified by our feelings, judgment. This applies to any moral value. How can you objectively measure morality? You cannot, and this is why I ask what sort of justification you desire.

Mr Fight the Power

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 05:07 am
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:
I don't.

When I write "personal", I am leaving the realm of objective understanding. Any proposition made through Science, for instance, would not be considered personal. Neither would any proposition made through any other means of objective rationalization. Taste is personal and can only be justified by our feelings, judgment. This applies to any moral value. How can you objectively measure morality? You cannot, and this is why I ask what sort of justification you desire.

Let me ask you this:

If I say: "I eat meat because I gain the power of the souls of the animals that I eat." Is this unquestionable truth? Assuming you don't bite the bullet and say yes, what makes it questionable or untrue?

Zetherin

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 02:10 pm
@Mr Fight the Power,
Let me ask you this:

If I say: "I eat meat because I gain the power of the souls of the animals that I eat." Is this unquestionable truth? Assuming you don't bite the bullet and say yes, what makes it questionable or untrue?

Again, when I state "Personal Truth", I am leaving the realm of objective understanding. If it's true to the person, if they have this belief, rooted by some sort of ideology, what am I to say? You use the example, "I eat meat because I gain the power of the souls of the animals that I eat", but this is no more outside the realm of objective method than "There is a benevolent God", or a plethora of other phrases across various religions/mythologies. These ideas can't be *proven* through scientific method or any other means of objective rationalization. If someone tried to prove, through scientific method, that they were in actuality eating animal souls, I'd probably call that person out. Though, I probably wouldn't have to, since, if the person was fairly intelligent, they would realize it's outside the realm of science.

I can either scream (through my empiric observation) that what these people say is untrue, unquestionably false, or, through my understanding, realize there is a layer of belief, faith, in our speech/thought process that transcends logicality. Mythology and morality should not be evaluated on the grounds of our objective methods of rationalization (science, mathematics, logic, etc.) Thus, when I hear "God loves me", or "Eating animals is wrong", I can understand it's that person's "Personal Truth".

When you hear someone say, "God loves me", do you rationally try to prove them incorrect through an objective method? If so, I'd love to hear how you go about this.

Icon

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 04:01 pm
@MJA,
I HATE existentialism.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 07:48:24