Vegetarianism is a Higher level View

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

manored

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 10:42 am
@MJA,
Now im absolutely sure MJA is hopelessly dogmatic, and that nothing can be done to move him from that state. Only then life proves him wrong will he change.

Oh, and I see that quite some people are fascinated by his certainty. Well, differently from what some may believe, its very well possible for people to have belief into something winhout any reason at all, so dont bother trying to understand him, there is nothing to be understood. He believes because he believes, simple as that.

MJA

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 11:28 am
@manored,
For the equitable humanity or goodness of All, please don't eat meat.

=
MJA

MJA

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 11:51 am
@manored,
manored wrote:
Now im absolutely sure MJA is hopelessly dogmatic, and that nothing can be done to move him from that state. Only then life proves him wrong will he change.

Oh, and I see that quite some people are fascinated by his certainty. Well, differently from what some may believe, its very well possible for people to have belief into something winhout any reason at all, so dont bother trying to understand him, there is nothing to be understood. He believes because he believes, simple as that.

What better belief is there than the true unity or Oneness of All?
What is more powerful than truth?
God is One

=
MJA

Khethil

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 02:53 pm
@MJA,
Oh my god please let this thread die.

... so many good arguments ignored, so many good potentials for discussion mindlessly poem'd away into nonsense. Given the level of introspection and critical thinking most of our posters have, this entire discussion has been a cornucopia of lost opportunities.

Perhaps a new thread by a supporter of vegetarianism that's willing to flesh out some of these issues?

Holiday20310401

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 04:34 pm
@Khethil,
Khethil wrote:

... so many good arguments ignored, so many good potentials for discussion mindlessly poem'd away into nonsense. Given the level of introspection and critical thinking most of our posters have, this entire discussion has been a cornucopia of lost opportunities.

Perhaps a new thread by a supporter of vegetarianism that's willing to flesh out some of these issues?

I completely agree, just one comment though. "Mindlessly poem'd" is the biggest oxymoron I think I've ever heard in my life.

MJA

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 10:02 pm
@Khethil,
Khethil wrote:

And you've added something here with your criticisms K?
I would say your post is nothing but negative.
Um, Hafiz is mindless to you?
And you want to argue the moral high ground of a vegetarian diet?
What is there to argue?
Seems like common sense to me. Right is right, right?
What part of killing, cooking and eating animal flesh is right for you.
Can't wait to hear your critical thinking introspected reply.
Now is your opportunity to fill that empty wasted cornacopia with many good potential arguements you complain have been missed.
The thread is all yours,
Argue away...

=
MJA

MJA

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 10:39 pm
@MJA,
I agree Joe so I edited it away.
It was to much for me too.
Hope no One minds.
Thanks, And be equal,

=
MJA

Joe

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 10:58 pm
@MJA,
Dude.....That first photo was unnecessary.:nonooo:

savagemonk

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 12:36 am
@MJA,
MJA wrote:
Your trying and that is good.
But you can't be seriously questioning the humaneness of a vegetarian diet, are you?
Do you think killing is right or good?
Your turn, tell us why.
Make the case for the slaughter of animals like us.
Have you ever been to a slaughter house?
You want me to prove something to you?
Go have a look yourself, I think it best.
Thanks,

=
MJA

I know my truth is universal what is yours?
= isn't true to you?
What is truth?
What does equal mean to you?
What is the universe?
Oneness, do you ever think that Way?
Your turn!

=
MJA

"There is no such thing as truth"?
Wow!!! You got a long Way to go, but you came to the right place.
Way to go!

=
MJA
This shall be my last post in this thread. Your viewpoints and approach to teaching the way of life have failed to convince me to change my ways. To address some of your questions though.

Do I feel that it is good to kill NO. Necessary YES. I and many others have already posted why we think it is please review previous post. I have slaughtered animals and men alike. Did I enjoy it no. Was in necessary yes. Why live if you are not going to fight for life. And MJA if you were being mauled by a rabid dog I would kill him for you. I was raised hunting my own meat and gathering my own herbs and vegies. I don't need you you to prove anything to me. I have discovered your light and it is just as dark as mine.

That is all for me This dog fight is no longer fun anymore. Damn A.D.D...CYA

MJA

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 09:53 am
@savagemonk,
savagemonk wrote:
This shall be my last post in this thread. Your viewpoints and approach to teaching the way of life have failed to convince me to change my ways. To address some of your questions though.

Do I feel that it is good to kill NO. Necessary YES. I and many others have already posted why we think it is please review previous post. I have slaughtered animals and men alike. Did I enjoy it no. Was in necessary yes. Why live if you are not going to fight for life. And MJA if you were being mauled by a rabid dog I would kill him for you. I was raised hunting my own meat and gathering my own herbs and vegies. I don't need you you to prove anything to me. I have discovered your light and it is just as dark as mine.

That is all for me This dog fight is no longer fun anymore. Damn A.D.D...CYA

I am sorry it is so difficult for you as well as others, and I understand completely, I grew up that way to. Here is a story about me:

I've stuggled with many things I had been taught were right too.
Quiting the killing substance of tobacco was a terrible struggle, as was the killer alcohol. I was taught those things were socially right and fought those killing things for many many years. I won in the end except for the damage they already caused. I lost my wife and children to alcohol, I lost my community, my friends, all I worked and lived for, I lost everything to alcohol, imagine that. Becoming a vegetarian was difficult for me as well. I had a gun and hunted at the age of ten. I grew up and was taught that corn feed beef was the best, but oh how wrong that was. I was taught wrong and have struggled to make my life right ever since. Other family members and friends have treated me the same way you and others on this thread have, with ridicule and contempt. No is't not easy quiting the things that kill us, the things we were taught were right to kill, No it's not easy giving up meat, to not have pepperoni on a pizza, or meatballs on pasta, or halibut poached in garlic and sage, and it terribly not easy to smell the aroma of a summer BBQ and not want to eat a cheeseburger again. But I promised some cows Oneday I wouldn't kill and eat them anymore and would try to help them as much as I could. It's not easy listening to people like you who are struggling with the same difficulties I have or have had. It's not easy living right, being right, teaching others right, but I promised the cows I would try.
All One can do is try. I keep trying too. Try a vegetarian diet for the right, the good, the health, the life of All,
But it surely ain't easy!
Thanks,

=
MJA

PS:It brings me to tears to write and read my own story, but that is where I get my strength, my heart, my equitable love of All. This aint easy for me.

Zetherin

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 11:34 am
@MJA,
While I don't agree with you, MJA, I wanted to thank you for the above post; this is what I was seeking: some justification, understanding behind what you've been preaching. It's heartfelt, no doubt.

Thanks once again,

Zeth

MJA

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 09:37 am
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:
While I don't agree with you, MJA, I wanted to thank you for the above post; this is what I was seeking: some justification, understanding behind what you've been preaching. It's heartfelt, no doubt.

Thanks once again,

Zeth

You don't agree Z?
What do you find disagreable about me?
Is it only the food I find right to eat?
Or is it simply the sharing with others what I found to be right?
Sharing One's truth is a good thing for All, isn't it?
Especially for the animals man measures so inequitably less than ourselves.
Those animals we kill, and those we eat.
Thanks,

=
MJA

Zetherin

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 02:00 pm
@MJA,
I admire you've shared your truth, MJA. I, and others, had just wished you would explain yourself more fully (which you just did by allowing us to see the man behind the preaching bench).

Let's be clear: I'm not disagreeing with you as a person (well, I was, but you seem to have elaborated on your mindset, which is all we asked for). I'm simply disagreeing that there is anything inherently wrong with eating animals. I've explained myself in the first 10 pages of this thread, and we simply don't see eye to eye. And that's fine, I respect your standpoint. Unless you have any other points to address, I don't see how else you want this thread to proceed.

Be well,

Zeth

MJA

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 08:52 am
@Zetherin,
Just Another higher level view.
=
MJA

"It is very significant
that some of the most
thoughtful and cultured men
are partisans of a pure vegetable diet." Mahatma Gandhi

Mr Fight the Power

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 09:07 am
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:
I admire you've shared your truth, MJA. I, and others, had just wished you would explain yourself more fully (which you just did by allowing us to see the man behind the preaching bench).

Hold on.

Let's quit acting as if he has offered any truth.

Truth, even subjectively held, requires some sort of justification.

If we are going to start offering up aesthetics as truth, I hereby proclaim blue to be the best color.

MJA

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 09:10 am
@Mr Fight the Power,
Equality is truly Just enough for me and Gandhi!
For the Justice of All, don't kill and eat animals anymore.
Thanks,

=
MJA

Dave Allen

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 09:26 am
@MJA,
To compare yourself with Ghandi,
is not very humble,
and to say he defines equality,
might make a bhangi grumble.
So think a little harder next time,
before uttering such a frivolity -
what would a supporter of a caste system,
have to do with equality?

Zetherin

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 10:07 am
@Mr Fight the Power,
Mr. Fight the Power wrote:
Hold on.

Let's quit acting as if he has offered any truth.

Truth, even subjectively held, requires some sort of justification.

If we are going to start offering up aesthetics as truth, I hereby proclaim blue to be the best color.

What kind of 'justification' do you seek from a vegetarian? He's reiterated "Equality" and "Oneness" over a dozen times, and this is obviously the source of his unwillingness to eat meat. The understanding behind "Equality" and "Oneness", while I still don't fully grasp, is his truth. My main concern was that I asked for elaboration, detail, and all I got was poetic reiteration (But, as noted, he at least described where he was coming from [detail!], and so I'm more content).

What more do you seek?

MJA

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 10:13 am
@Dave Allen,
Dave Allen wrote:
To compare yourself with Ghandi,
is not very humble,
to say he defines equality,
might make a bhangi grumble,
so think a little harder next time,
before uttering such frivolity,
why would a supporter of the caste system,
come to define equality?

Gandhi didn't eat meat for equality sake,
he had the equitable compassion or love for All.
I'm Just like that.
And wouldn't call it humble, Just simply the right Way to be.
Equal is the right Way to go.
Who better to compare Oneself too, than those most right?
My goal is to be like God someday, and I found the Way!
The most humble Way of all.
Simply me,

And here is an article I found regarding the inequitable lower level view of eating other animal like ourselves.

A lower level view:

Animal Cruelty in Slaughterhouses - News

=
MJA

Dave Allen

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 10:30 am
@MJA,
Compassion, I feel,
cannot be real
in the hearts of those who suggest
that a man cannot rest
in the task of cleaning latrines
(or collecting up corpses or gutting sardines)
just because of an accident of birth.
To call that compassion, it causes me mirth!

That an orthodox Hindu
is such a hero to you:
Do you think someone's station at birth should dictate their job?
I don't believe that you're that kind of snob.
Is the caste system a "Love for All"?
I'd rather the whole injustice took a long fall.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 12:15:47