For Sale: Someone's Virginity?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » For Sale: Someone's Virginity?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Khethil

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 10:45 am
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. All Rights Reserved.)[INDENT] (CNN) -- Is a woman's virginity worth $3.8 million? That's how much a 22-year-old from San Diego, California, said she has been offered through an auction she announced in September.

Natalie Dylan, 22, said she has put her virginity up for auction through the Moonlite Bunny Ranch.

The woman, who goes by "Natalie Dylan," set up a private auction through the Moonlite Bunny Ranch, a legal brothel in Nevada. The auction has given her lots of "business opportunities," she said.

Her top bid comes from a 39-year-old Australian, but she has no immediate plans to settle the auction, she said in a recent interview with CNN.
[/INDENT]Full Article Here.

Simply... amazing.

Catchabula

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 11:41 am
@Khethil,
Would be a nice idea if she intended to give the money to charity afterwards. Some people in Africa believe that they can get rid of HIV by having sex with a virgin. Could be a bad bargain for the girl...

Bonaventurian

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 12:28 pm
@Khethil,
She's going to have to answer to God one day, and how is she going to answer for it?

Kolbe

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 01:55 pm
@Khethil,
If you do a bad thing for a good reason, is it all that wrong? If some of that money did indeed go to charity and possibly end up saving someone's life from horrible death via starvation, then is prostitution really that bad?

Bonaventurian

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 01:58 pm
@Kolbe,
Kolbe wrote:
If you do a bad thing for a good reason, is it all that wrong? If some of that money did indeed go to charity and possibly end up saving someone's life from horrible death via starvation, then is prostitution really that bad?

Yes. An intrinsically evil means cannot be justified.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 04:37 pm
@Bonaventurian,
Bonaventurian wrote:
She's going to have to answer to God one day, and how is she going to answer for it?

Same way you and I will answer for all of our countless sins which we daily incur: forgive me, Lord.

fealsamh

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 04:47 pm
@Khethil,
Why is what she is doing evil or wrong? If she wants to put her virginity up for sale and someone is willing to pay 3.8 million dollars for it I say go for it. If anything, I can't understand why someone would be willing to spend that much money! I think there are lots of people who "sell their soul", or ruin their reputation for much less. What is worse; what she is doing, or the executive of say the tobacco industry who says cigarettes are safe in exchange for making a tremendous salary?

Catchabula

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 04:48 pm
@Khethil,
Huh?? Must be because I'm from Mars, or from Europe or whatever. I must be missing something. But... "answer for her sins"? Connecting that with this weird joke? What God are we talking about here? The One Who punishes masturbation? Flabbergasted again...

Fido

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 05:44 pm
@Khethil,
I have always wondered what 3.8 million was worth...Money is too inflated...From now on let's just trade viginities... How many virginities is the national debt...How many virginities is the war in Iraq costing every week...Each is only a form... Neither has more value than the value we give to them... I would suggest that it is like the kid trading a four thousand dollar dog for two two-thousand dollar cats... What will it be worth tomorrow sitting on it???

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 05:46 pm
@Catchabula,
I'm generally in agreement with you, Catchabula: my point, though, is this: if what she is doing is sinful, then she will answer for the sin as anyone answers for any sin. We are all sinners; we should recall that line about casting stones.

Fido

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 05:47 pm
@Catchabula,
Catchabula wrote:
Huh?? Must be because I'm from Mars, or from Europe or whatever. I must be missing something. But... "answer for her sins"? Connecting that with this weird joke? What God are we talking about here? The One Who punishes masturbation? Flabbergasted again...

Which one punishes masturbation, and will he do it for twenty dollars dressed like up a girl SS with a whip???

Fido

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 05:54 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas wrote:
I'm generally in agreement with you, Catchabula: my point, though, is this: if what she is doing is sinful, then she will answer for the sin as anyone answers for any sin. We are all sinners; we should recall that line about casting stones.

She is not sinful but economical...People pay for sex to avoid- God forbid- a relationship... If that person who buys that can get that he has made the bargain of a life time... It is just so hard to get naked and bump the uglies with some one and not making the human connection some where... It is inevitable that we should see ourselves in some one, and see ourselve reflected in their eyes and realize we are in this thing called life together...

Catchabula

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 06:04 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
SS-girls? Hm, it happens I was indeed thinking about Auschwitz here. Just a tiny little eeny-weeny more "sinful".

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 06:08 pm
@Catchabula,
Actually, I would argue that the action is both sinful and economic, Fido. Obviously, this woman desires money: she covets.

I'm not trying to be condemnatory toward the woman: quite the opposite. My point is that we all sin, so jumping up and down and pointing fingers at this lady is, well, childish.

Catchabula

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 06:17 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
I can only repeat myself that compared to the real evil in this world the size of her "sin" is infinitely small, if it even exists at all. Or let's call it the immoral aspect of her act. I'm not a Christian.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 06:19 pm
@Catchabula,
Exactly: this is small potatoes.

Fido

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 06:29 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas wrote:
Actually, I would argue that the action is both sinful and economic, Fido. Obviously, this woman desires money: she covets.

I'm not trying to be condemnatory toward the woman: quite the opposite. My point is that we all sin, so jumping up and down and pointing fingers at this lady is, well, childish.

It's an exchange of value, but the value is not what it seems unless hers is gold plated...The object of all such relationships is sexuality without emotionality... Some people have a ton of money without an ounce of caring...In her they have found someone with an inflated sense of self worth and an exit sign... Sounds like a perfect relationship made in hell... How much to you want to bet in ends in marriage???And divorce...

Fido

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 06:33 pm
@Catchabula,
Catchabula wrote:
I can only repeat myself that compared to the real evil in this world the size of her "sin" is infinitely small, if it even exists at all. Or let's call it the immoral aspect of her act. I'm not a Christian.

I am sure her sins is small, and tight...Does he get a refund if it turns our she is a boy, or does he have to pay more???

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 06:34 pm
@Fido,
I think I've sinned just thinking about this thread...

Fido

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 06:35 pm
@Catchabula,
Catchabula wrote:
SS-girls? Hm, it happens I was indeed thinking about Auschwitz here. Just a tiny little eeny-weeny more "sinful".

Sinful??? Maybe a French Maid in sugar panties??? S'il Vous Plait...

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » For Sale: Someone's Virginity?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 06:20:40