2012 - What will happen?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Icon

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 12:54 pm
@GHOST phil,
There are no more natural disasters. Only a better way to relate information about them. There were never this many murders until the news started to show on TV.

Planet X is a joke. Not only will it not pass by us in that amount of time but even if it did, it must have happened before and would have been lit by our current Suns heat.

The LHC has been proven bsically safe and there have been 100's of theories about it causing the end of the world.

Finally: Even it it IS the end of the world... What are you going to do about it?

hammersklavier

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 08:15 am
@GHOST phil,
Did anything happen of note on 8-11-3114 BCE? No? Well, why should anything important happen on 12-20-2012 CE?

Mesoamerican Long Count calendar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
32nd century BC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Somehow I highly doubt that the world is coming to an end because some ancient calendar resets itself. We have more important distressing things to worry about than this silly apocalypticism.

Justin

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 08:22 am
@GHOST phil,
I know what will happen in 2012.

One thing that has always happened... One truth, One thing we can count on and it's been the only thing that is certain in all of time. One thing will happen in 2012 and it's the same thing that has happened from the beginning of time...

The sun will rise as it always has.

This is one thing we can bank on.

hammersklavier

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 08:23 am
@Justin,
Justin wrote:

One thing that has always happened... One truth, One thing we can count on and it's been the only thing that is certain in all of time. One thing will happen in 2012 and it's the same thing that has happened from the beginning of time...

According to Hume the only reason the sun rises is because we continue to believe it will do so. :bigsmile:

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 10:06 am
@Justin,
Justin wrote:

Actually, the sun will not rise or set. Instead, the location of earth that everyone stands on will rotate towards and away from the sun. Laughing

Icon

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 10:20 am
@Theaetetus,
Justin wrote:

hammersklavier wrote:
According to Hume the only reason the sun rises is because we continue to believe it will do so. :bigsmile:

Theaetetus wrote:
Actually, the sun will not rise or set. Instead, the location of earth that everyone stands on will rotate towards and away from the sun. Laughing

Actually, you're all wrong. Since the Universe revolves around me, I will rise and provide life and light to all the world. It's true... My parents always called me bright... They also called me "Pain the <expletive>" and "Little <expletive>"... But whatever.

Justin

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 02:04 pm
@GHOST phil,
LOL.. Oh yeah, what was I thinking.... Ya can't come into a philosophy forum and say the sun will rise because there will be an ongoing debate about that as well. These were comical. Good responses.

hammersklavier

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 02:16 pm
@GHOST phil,
If the sun rises and no one's around to see it, does it make light? :a-ok:

Icon

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 03:03 pm
@hammersklavier,
hammersklavier wrote:
If the sun rises and no one's around to see it, does it make light? :a-ok:

No... if no one is around to see it then it is not impacted by photons and thus does not maintain a particle state. It becomes co-dependent wave forms.

Krobmotoriker

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2009 10:22 am
@GHOST phil,
hi
I never heart from a planat x and i don't understand what influence these cosmic rays have on the life on earth. Our planet have a magnetic field und I have heart that scientists suggest that our solar system has also a magnetic field. So who cares about this cosmic rays !

Parapraxis

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 03:39 am
@GHOST phil,
2012 - Olympics will come to London and there will be a global imbalance as the teeny little island fails to take the weight of all the increased visitors causing it to tilt...just a bit. Possibly.

xris

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 05:09 am
@Parapraxis,
No last sunset to watch with cockroach sushi by my side and the last bottle of Chilli red....oh dear..

manfred

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 06:40 am
@xris,
2012 - What will happen?
The very second of that very year i will turn 34.

Leonard

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 07:07 pm
@GHOST phil,
To clarify here, the Mayan calendar does not end in 2012--it completes its 395 year cycle in 2012, and minor time discrepancies can't say for sure when it was intended to complete the cycle. Don't worry, the calendar won't end until thousands of billions of years in the future; when the sun will be gone, the universe will turn cold, and all of us will be long gone.

kimmycub13

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 08:10 pm
@GHOST phil,
GHOST;41972 wrote:
Well lately I have heard a lot about 2012. I have heard 3 different stories and have been presented with lots of so called evidence. These are the 3 thoeries:

-Planet X will cause all sorts of disturbences when it comes into close quarters with our solar system. It's large gravitational field being the main cause. Apparently a large body has been detected a few billion miles out. It also seems our sattelites have experienced wierd gravitational anomilies lately.

-In the centre of our universe is a black hole, from this black hole extends a thin disk-like gravitational field (the galactic belt). Apparently our solar system orbits the black hole as well as oscilating up and down, like the orbit of an electron around a nuclues. Cosmic rays pour out of the centre of black holes and it is said we will be able to see the black hole with the naked eye when we pass through the galactic belt. It is said that the cosmic rays and immense gravitational forces caused by the galactic belt will have catastrphic effects on Earth. 2012 seems to be just about the time we will pass through this belt.

-The LHC (Large Hadron Collider) will backfire in some way, whether it be a black hole or an atomic chain reaction. Nostradamous said in his book that when the positive beams collide (protons) saturn will turn from gold to iron (implying transmution of elements) and all should run from Geneva (exactly where they bulit it). This is way to much of a coincedence! I'm as far from that thing as I can get!

Apperently the number of natural disasters is increasing by exponential rates, the number of UFO sightings are also increasing by exponential rates, our two biggest planets will align on 2012, the Mayan callander ends 2012, and global warming is increasing by exponential rates also. They say we will experience polar shift and there is evidence for past polar shifts. I also read somewhere that all past extinctions on Earth Allign up with when we pass through the galactic belt. It also seems that the number of cosmic rays hitting the Earth is increasing. So what truth is there in these stories, what should we be preparing for? I can feel there is something coming, I have no doubt, but what?

The number of UFO sightings is hardly relevant. I would only believe the world would end in 2012 if the scientific evidence was strong enough to support it. And it isn't. All these theories are conversational fodder for the masses.

Why do people believe the world will end? The government isn't sending out emergency procedure information. Scientists aren't shaking in their boots and banding together to make daily speeches on FOX, or what have you. Heck, there's even a movie called 2012. If this matter were so serious, the media would have a hay day. All I can conclude are that the disturbances to Earth are minimal and that the 2012 hypothesis is just a gross exaggeration for the sake of conversation. A lot of people I know get excited by talking about it, but they're apathetic in that they go about their daily routine like normal. Now, if the experts knew that it was a critical problem, they would at least ensure to us safety measures or constant warnings.

manfred

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 08:42 am
@Leonard,
Leonard;100233 wrote:
To clarify here, the Mayan calendar does not end in 2012--it completes its 395 year cycle in 2012, and minor time discrepancies can't say for sure when it was intended to complete the cycle. Don't worry, the calendar won't end until thousands of billions of years in the future; when the sun will be gone, the universe will turn cold, and all of us will be long gone.

Outstanding post.

EmperorNero

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2009 10:48 am
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;41994 wrote:
There is absolutely no evidence that suggests that 2012 will be the year of cataclysmic events.ed up by talk of impending doom. That's what 2012 is: a psychological event.

Well, some economic depression might happen, but it would be pure coincidence that it happens around that time.

Shostakovich phil

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 12:45 am
@GHOST phil,
GHOST;42004 wrote:
This is my point, I am not clear on what evidence is real...I have heard all sorts of things and if some of it is correct we arn't going to like 2012. I just want to extract the truth from the lies! As far as I know every thing I stated in the original post is true, if anything is found to be false, please let us know!

Most people on this forum diffenentiate truths from falsehoods based on the empirical evidence available to them. There is nothing in Nostradamus that would provide to them any empirical evidence of any kind by whiich the distinction could be made.

Even if 2012 were the end and we could prove it, would should we do?

I know what I would do. I would go on doing exactly what I would be doing regardless because there's nothing we could do to prevent the inevitable. So we'd be just as well off, or better off, ignoring what we know. No need to spread paranoia, is there?

salima

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 01:50 am
@GHOST phil,
wasnt there supposed to be some major catastrophe when all the planets aligned on may 5 200-something or other, i forgot the year. but it passed eventlessly as always.
no need to get our hopes up, i dont see why this story should be any more true than all the others.

Kielicious

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 07:52 pm
@salima,
"Some say the end is near...
Some say we'll see armageddon soon...
I sure could use a vacation from this...
Stupid ****... Silly ****... Stupid ****...

...One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied..."

LEARN TO SWIM!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:36:08