is time infinite?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

manored

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2010 01:35 pm
@meridius,
A moment in time is finite, but all of then togheder are not.

KantReborn

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2010 01:46 pm
@meridius,
If you define time as the continual passing of seconds, one always being preceeded by another, then time is infinite, as moments will always pass. Even when the last stars have twinkled out of existence and the last of the supermassive black holes spins into nonthingness, time will continue to move forward. However, if you define time by it's observation, then it is finite as the moment when the last being able to conceive of the passage of time passes on, time, or rather it's observation of it, will end.

Doubt it helps but oh well:lol:

mark noble

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 04:31 pm
@meridius,
meridius;38525 wrote:
I am doing a paper on eternal recurrence and how it is flawed
I am trying to prove that, for actions to repeat themselves, time would have to repeat itself aswell. I am finding this actually very dificult.
so far, I have an explanation of a video tape: Consider a videotape: once the video has finished, it does not begin again. If an individual decided to watch it again, someone must rewind the video until it has reached a specific time. The time indicator on the screen will read a specific time. That time will change back to what it was in the past as one continues rewinding the videotape.

what do you think of that?
I kind of made it up on the spur of the moment Sad
so ya...any good argument for: if the world recurs, so should time.

????? please???????/
and thank you !!!!!! Smile

Hello,

Time is the distance between two occurences. It can only be perceived correctly by being one of those two occurences. Humans perceive time as relevant to themselves and cannot comprehend the true speed of the process involved.
Infinity is assured.
Every frame of the movie will replay with all the variables therein repeating both identically and randomly... Forever.

Mark...

prothero

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 06:06 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
is time infinite?
no, but it might be eternal.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 06:29:59