The Afterlife

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

manored

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 07:37 am
@xris,
xris;143016 wrote:
Different realm, different rules apply..do you know how long your dreams last?
Certainly not forever, I tell you =)

Logic, at least, should be constant through ever realm. One logical fact is that if the universe is infinite, and it is, then nothing will last forever, because new events dont stop happening.

xris

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 07:55 am
@manored,
manored;143490 wrote:
Certainly not forever, I tell you =)

Logic, at least, should be constant through ever realm. One logical fact is that if the universe is infinite, and it is, then nothing will last forever, because new events dont stop happening.
Are you seriously trying to compare this universe with a proposed ethereal existance? Physical events create time , if an ethereal existance had no physical reality why should it be governed by the physical world? If you can imagine another realm, surely your imagination can invent existance without time. Time is for mortal combat.

manored

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 07:07 am
@xris,
xris;143496 wrote:
Are you seriously trying to compare this universe with a proposed ethereal existance? Physical events create time , if an ethereal existance had no physical reality why should it be governed by the physical world? If you can imagine another realm, surely your imagination can invent existance without time. Time is for mortal combat.
Time is required by the mind, I can only imagine and existance without time if I am an exception to that timelessness.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 08:26 am
@manored,
manored;143944 wrote:
Time is required by the mind, I can only imagine and existance without time if I am an exception to that timelessness.

I can not imagion an after-life
Pepijn SHSweep

xris

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 11:18 am
@manored,
manored;143944 wrote:

Its for you to decide, Im not going to try and convince you. I just dont understand your statement. Can you imagine an existance without time or not?

---------- Post added 03-26-2010 at 12:19 PM ----------

Pepijn Sweep;143979 wrote:
I can not imagion an after-life
Pepijn SHSweep
So you could not invent one ? that sounds very unimaginative.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 11:25 am
@xris,
xris;144073 wrote:
Its for you to decide, Im not going to try and convince you. I just dont understand your statement. Can you imagine an existance without time or not?

xris

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 11:33 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;144078 wrote:

The same as what?

A kitchen dresser is chef with sense of style.:bigsmile:

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 11:54 am
@xris,
xris;144085 wrote:
The same as what?

Yust polished it, smells so nice ceder-oil

A kitchen dresser is chef with sense of style.:bigsmile:

I like my life. It's not perfect but I work on it. It's my life-work. Unique but nothing spectaculair. But it keeps me going. I perceive time by times with-out regularity. Psychoses (very mildly)

I think it's worth investigating. I'll see about After-Life. Any suggestions ?

Pepijn Sweep

PS are you familiar wth Ilya Prigogine ?

wayne

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 12:13 pm
@xris,
xris;144073 wrote:

I can imagine, but my imagination is limited by my finite nature, so naturally my imaginings of any afterlife are flawed.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 12:43 pm
@wayne,
wayne;144115 wrote:
I can imagine, but my imagination is limited by my finite nature, so naturally my imaginings of any afterlife are flawed.

Will your flaws in thinking influence the After-life +
?

wayne

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 12:53 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;144130 wrote:
?

I wonder :listening: Will I get to create my own afterlife, my own flaws, will I hear what I wanna hear.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 01:21 pm
@wayne,
wayne;144134 wrote:
I wonder :listening: Will I get to create my own afterlife, my own flaws, will I hear what I wanna hear.

I only know that you should not want to wait till the after-life to learn u'r lessons. It's a bit boeddhist. Aim to be a better Human now. If there is a Thing like Final Judgement you probably do better. Old christianity in western Europe is destroyed by Popes, Kings and Emperors.

Pepijn Sweep, Magister Y:bigsmile:

xris

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 01:21 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;144101 wrote:
I like my life. It's not perfect but I work on it. It's my life-work. Unique but nothing spectaculair. But it keeps me going. I perceive time by times with-out regularity. Psychoses (very mildly)

I think it's worth investigating. I'll see about After-Life. Any suggestions ?

Pepijn Sweep

PS are you familiar wth Ilya Prigogine ?
Imaging this after life is your invention and time is of no consequence. It might occur to you, eventually, that your desires satisfied, you might want to look further, to understand your circumstance, your opportunities. Life itself can be just that, as your body ages. Youthful desires wane and you look for subtle understandings. Who knows what awaits us but what an adventure, if it is true. Communion with a unified humanity knowing ourselves but knowing each other and our adventures. It may be why we exist to experience and then share these experiences. The flavours of history, of amazing stories that we only read about but now know at first hand...That's my heaven my invention.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 01:30 pm
@xris,
xris;144153 wrote:
Imaging this after life is your invention and time is of no consequence. It might occur to you, eventually, that your desires satisfied, you might want to look further, to understand your circumstance, your opportunities. Life itself can be just that, as your body ages. Youthful desires wane and you look for subtle understandings. Who knows what awaits us but what an adventure, if it is true. Communion with a unified humanity knowing ourselves but knowing each other and our adventures. It may be why we exist to experience and then share these experiences. The flavours of history, of amazing stories that we only read about but now know at first hand...That's my heaven my invention.

[CENTER]:bigsmile:
For me this Forum is super. I know the web is much bigger but I see enough on my own way. It's mainly details anyway.

Dating, games & sex should be done Young, Enthousiastic !

I love this Forum because Faceboox are personal friends (handshake)
On the Forum I feel less restricted to talk about God, Believes, Opinions, Humanity, failing System and Positive Thoughts about the Future. I do not want to Think about details of an possible After-Life. May-be you keep experiencing the same over and over again...Dr. Who might know, not me !

Pepijn Sweep, Magister Y :bigsmile:
[/CENTER]

manored

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 01:33 pm
@xris,
xris;144073 wrote:
I can imagine an existence where nothing moves or changes except me. As I, myself, change, I do not think we could call it timeless, or could we?

Pepijn Sweep;144130 wrote:
?
Certainly. Perhaps he will be reborn as a ice-breathing dragon in a medieval world, then accidentaly kill someone's nice forest fire, rather than making it bigger, all due to thinking that dragons probally breath fire.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 03:24 pm
@manored,
manored;144748 wrote:
I can imagine an existence where nothing moves or changes except me. As I, myself, change, I do not think we could call it timeless, or could we?

Certainly. Perhaps he will be reborn as a ice-breathing dragon in a medieval world, then accidentaly kill someone's nice forest fire, rather than making it bigger, all due to thinking that dragons probally breath fire.

Lost1 phil

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 10:17 am
@alex717,
After Life is little else then that which has been imagined about a possiblity that has more appeal than it's alternative.

Having no means by which to know of such a thing helped me decide it was best to think of this as my only life. In other words I try never to waste any of that which I have being concerned with that which I have no evidence to support.

Add to that the funny thought that IF I am wrong - how much better it's going to be for me to discover then it will be for those who believe otherwise to discover I am correct Smile

Lost1

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 11:02 am
@Lost1 phil,
Lost1;145179 wrote:
After Life is little else then that which has been imagined about a possiblity that has more appeal than it's alternative.

Having no means by which to know of such a thing helped me decide it was best to think of this as my only life. In other words I try never to waste any of that which I have being concerned with that which I have no evidence to support.

Add to that the funny thought that IF I am wrong - how much better it's going to be for me to discover then it will be for those who believe otherwise to discover I am correct Smile

Lost1

I think your right. To learn we have means, To combine concepts we need logic or another form of organisation. No Veto, No from the people.

WE ARE UN of Earth

manored

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 12:29 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;144816 wrote:

Its hard to understand you =)

Lost1;145179 wrote:

Lost1
I believe there is an afterlife, but not that its nature can be determined. So, all I know is "death is not the end".

So in a situation of danger I wont panic as much as I would if death was the end =)

Alan McDougall

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 05:38 pm
@alex717,
Woody Alan once said he really liked the idea of heaven but hated the idea that he must die to get there

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:34:10