If God was a member of the forum

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Fido
 
Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 11:57 am
@TickTockMan,
TickTockMan wrote:
I'd have to go along with this, but expand on it to say that if God was a member of this forum, I wouldn't be. If God is omnipotent, all-seeing and all-knowing and everything else God is supposed to be, God would already know every thought I have ever had, every thought I ever will have, everything I have every said and everything I ever will say . . . what would be the point?

But before I deleted my account, I would make a formal apology for all the religious jokes I've made in the past. Just to be safe.

Actually, in all fairness, I think God would have to be a moderator, and the Metatron would have to handle the actual posting.

What makes anyone think God has the answers? Because we find answers when we look, think, of meditate? There is not much proving the existence of God. Either God exists apart from qualities, or he does not. Who needs answers? And why seek to know when belief is so common and available everywhere.

To me, answers are cheap. Everything is an answer. It is forming questions that is the difficult side of life, and of philosophy. To say what is, anyone can see. To peek beneath the obvious, and frame a rational inquiry into the cause of what we see as effects shows a greater understanding before the fact of why what is. Humanity does not need answers. God cannot be about that. Because an answer asks another question, and if we were created for something it would not be only endless frustration. So I would suggest that God is looking for his keys like us, or does not care, or is not is as we consider being. You could you say God is without doing, or does without being.
 
TickTockMan
 
Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 02:08 pm
@Fido,
Fido;27400 wrote:
What makes anyone think God has the answers?


Wishful thinking?
 
Fido
 
Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 02:47 pm
@TickTockMan,
TickTockMan wrote:
Wishful thinking?

no bout adoubt it
 
Khethil
 
Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 03:14 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
... I'm not asking for your opinion of God's existence or actuality, just what it would be like if it was a member of the forum.


He'd be wondering, "... what's rep?"
 
Ennui phil
 
Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:59 am
@Holiday20310401,
God is literally an unseen and unique person who will not be a moderator nor a member,He solely is a laudable person and yearn that His commandments must be enacted.He does not care about humanity's improvements of technology,including the forum and others.
 
Fido
 
Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 08:32 am
@Ennui phil,
Ennui wrote:
God is literally an unseen and unique person who will not be a moderator nor a member,He solely is a laudable person and yearn that His commandments must be enacted.He does not care about humanity's improvements of technology,including the forum and others.

Great! Can I borrow your God spyglass when your done with it?
 
Khethil
 
Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 09:39 am
@Ennui phil,
Ennui wrote:
He does not care about humanity's improvements of technology...


Particularly true if he's been using Windows Vista
 
Poseidon
 
Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:00 pm
@Holiday20310401,
God would be on the side of the devil, much of the time, in order so that us mere mortals could strive to overcome our fallacies, and thus be more in his image. God is logically, always lonely, so he pretends to not be in existance so that he can discover himself. He feigns ignorance and imperfection, because if he did not, the universe would cease to exist.

For God, imperfection is a necessary aspect of perfection.

As for the forum, God is seen most evidently in the emoticons, as logic is merely an unmoving mechanism.
 
Fido
 
Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:40 pm
@Poseidon,
Poseidon wrote:
God would be on the side of the devil, much of the time, in order so that us mere mortals could strive to overcome our fallacies, and thus be more in his image. God is logically, always lonely, so he pretends to not be in existance so that he can discover himself. He feigns ignorance and imperfection, because if he did not, the universe would cease to exist.

For God, imperfection is a necessary aspect of perfection.

As for the forum, God is seen most evidently in the emoticons, as logic is merely an unmoving mechanism.

A fallacy to overcome a fallacy is like a having river in front of a brook. Cross the easy one first if you can, and then fetch a boat. Don't accept an impediment as a limit. Don't accept that the larger impediment can facilitate a solution to a smaller impediment. Every problem is a problem, and every problem has a unique solution...
 
Fido
 
Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:41 pm
@Poseidon,
Poseidon wrote:
God would be on the side of the devil, much of the time, in order so that us mere mortals could strive to overcome our fallacies, and thus be more in his image. God is logically, always lonely, so he pretends to not be in existance so that he can discover himself. He feigns ignorance and imperfection, because if he did not, the universe would cease to exist.

For God, imperfection is a necessary aspect of perfection.

As for the forum, God is seen most evidently in the emoticons, as logic is merely an unmoving mechanism.

If bs were dollars you'd be a millionaire...Pile it on.
 
Ennui phil
 
Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 07:34 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:
Great! Can I borrow your God spyglass when your done with it?

I did not cite that this is a fact,this is my own peculiar perception.
 
Fido
 
Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 05:22 pm
@Ennui phil,
Ennui wrote:
I did not cite that this is a fact,this is my own peculiar perception.

Your prejudices are warping your vision.
 
Khethil
 
Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 06:14 am
@Fido,
Sidenote: I'll never cease to be amazed at how disconnected such theological discussions become. It's almost unavoidable.

Everyone who holds a particular theist view has in their head a vision of that this deity is. As an example, put 6 people in a room and toss out the most ambiguous, under-defined, relativistic term you can to them and tell them to write down their definition. Something like this:

"Ok class, without clarification, please describe a 'thing'"[INDENT]Bill describes a Chicken
Sally describes a Doorknob
Jake describes a dirt-clod
Mary describes her dog
Mandy describes his TiVo
Buzz describes a boomerang
[/INDENT]Now have them debate the existence of the 'thing' without defining it. One shouts "It can be anything you want!", another says "Its beyond doubt that it has four legs" and so on. A lack of any common definition makes meaningful 'existence/existence' a debacle; juxtaposed and conflicted with deep emotional overtones in which conflict inevitably arises.

One would almost necessarily have to give a definition first, then debate or relate to that as a topic of discussion.

Just some random thoughts I thought I'd bring up. Thanks
 
boagie
 
Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 10:20 am
@Fido,
Smile

"If bs were dollars you'd be a millionaire...Pile it on." quote Fido

I second the motion, what bull ****. You people are going to have to stop talking about me.Laughing or I'll smite you!!!
 
Fido
 
Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 07:13 pm
@Khethil,
Khethil wrote:
Sidenote: I'll never cease to be amazed at how disconnected such theological discussions become. It's almost unavoidable.

Everyone who holds a particular theist view has in their head a vision of that this deity is. As an example, put 6 people in a room and toss out the most ambiguous, under-defined, relativistic term you can to them and tell them to write down their definition. Something like this:

"Ok class, without clarification, please describe a 'thing'"
[INDENT]Bill describes a Chicken
Sally describes a Doorknob
Jake describes a dirt-clod
Mary describes her dog
Mandy describes his TiVo
Buzz describes a boomerang
[/INDENT]Now have them debate the existence of the 'thing' without defining it. One shouts "It can be anything you want!", another says "Its beyond doubt that it has four legs" and so on. A lack of any common definition makes meaningful 'existence/existence' a debacle; juxtaposed and conflicted with deep emotional overtones in which conflict inevitably arises.

One would almost necessarily have to give a definition first, then debate or relate to that as a topic of discussion.

Just some random thoughts I thought I'd bring up. Thanks

A thing is either a council meeting like a moot, or it is a reality. All things are real...
 
 

 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/15/2024 at 11:52:12