is life a joke?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Fido

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 05:00 pm
@Richardgrant,
Richardgrant wrote:
I have found my lifes purpose, that is. Find God, know God, and be God. As I awaken to the dream and realize Heaven is within me, this is where God is, having found God, I now am getting to know who I Am,which is to be as ONE with God
It has been a long journey for me of wholly sensing without knowing, to wholly knowing without sensing. Richard

Kool joke! hooray.

Justin

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 09:32 pm
@Fido,
Fido, I don't believe that was intended as a joke.

Richard was a guest in our home and now a dear friend of our family. Richard is nearly 80 years old and has tapped into something very special and very real. Soon we'll have his latest book, Nothing Matters. Richard visited us from Australia and has sort of become part of the family here. He has a very interesting philosophy and is a living example of that philosophy.

Fido

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:06 am
@Justin,
Justin wrote:
Fido, I don't believe that was intended as a joke.

Richard was a guest in our home and now a dear friend of our family. Richard is nearly 80 years old and has tapped into something very special and very real. Soon we'll have his latest book, Nothing Matters. Richard visited us from Australia and has sort of become part of the family here. He has a very interesting philosophy and is a living example of that philosophy.

I'm sorry. The thought of being God when even being ourselves is denied to us seems such a stretch that I did not take it as serious. That does not mean he does not have it together. It is more important to act with civility than to have the right philosophy behind the action because even with knowing the truth, not all people can see it or move toward it at the same instant. Regardless of what we know or think, sympathy for humanity stuck in the condition of being human is essential. So, sorry to offend your old friend. I hope his truth works for him as long as he needs truth.
I see you have a footnote of Edwin Markham. I did a critical paper on his Man with the Hoe, from the painting, mostly because I had an old friend long departed who once pointed out that a like poem could have been written about the man with the spud wrench, and any Ironworker, like myself. I am guided by the thought that we must care for the living because the dead don't care.

Justin

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:53 am
@Fido,
No problem. It may seem like a stretch or absurd because that's how it's perceived but if mankind thinks that he is separate from God then he's encouraged to think again. That would lead us down another thread but there's something to think about. We seem to think that God creates the meaning in man's life and not man himself... therein lies the most complex problem of all.

Anyway, no worries. Is the dead not living? We all die physically but procreate just as nature procreates. Death is part of the cycle but in death comes new life in balance and harmony as observed in nature.

Back to the thread topic, life is what we make of it. No more, no less. If we are waiting for the myth of a God to make life meaningful, we will be waiting for a long time. Of course that's my opinion and based on observation of the world around us, I cannot see any reason to believe differently. The man that creates the ideology of a God separate and in control, loses out on the Oneness and control that has inherently been given in creation. Without a deity of a God, man would have to actually take responsibility for that which man has created and continues to create with his or her actions and thoughts. It's much easier for man to blame it on some other source, in this case the source being a God in the heavens rather than the light of God within the man.

Holiday20310401

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 11:29 pm
@Nitish,
Nitish wrote:
whatever happens in our life is not important in the cosmic level.whatever happens in your life the universe is going to be much the same.
Life has no meaning

• Life or human existence has no real meaning or purpose because human existence occurred out of a random chance in nature, and anything that exists by chance has no intended purpose.
  • Life has no meaning, but as humans we try to associate a meaning or purpose so we can justify our existence.
  • There is no point in life, and that is exactly what makes it so special.
  • Life is a ***** and then you die.
  • Life sucks and in the end you die.

we are not created for any grander purpose than the the ants,flies and mosquitoes.do u agree with me?

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Then why would you tell anybody that? There must be purpose in what you are trying to convey otherwise why write it?
As for 'there is no point in life' you r right, life is not a point Very Happy:p , but to imply that life has no meaning it insane. Causality is seen in the universe, Einstein said that there was no such thing as complete randomness. Sanity comes from the causality, meaning, and flow of time. Do you honestly think that if the universe was random that life would have been possible to form from the start? Of course not. Life is special when you try to find individual meaning from it. The striving to be perfect knowing that you can never reach it completely is what makes one sane. Being perfect, yes is insane, so is the opposite of perfect. Kind of a conundrum. Why not try solving that teaser for some of your life.Very Happy
Are you insane, or just a REAL pessimist.Sad
Peace to you, nitish.:cool:

Justin wrote:
Without a deity of a God, man would have to actually take responsibility for that which man has created and continues to create with his or her actions and thoughts. It's much easier for man to blame it on some other source, in this case the source being a God in the heavens rather than the light of God within the man.

Yes but isn't responsibility a virtue for humanity.We must first forgive ourselves before asking god, or a means to be good. Although I only see god as existing within ourselves, but if he is watching, playing a really twisted, transcendent, yet just game.Smile

If you feel life is a joke then you are obviously not making the best of your life

Fido

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 05:49 am
@Nitish,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
If you feel life is a joke then you are obviously not making the best of your life

Have you ever heard that Bob Dylan song with Jesus on the cross talking to the two thieves, where the one thief says there are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke? Just about everyone has covered it. Ultimately it can seem like a joke to those sho cannot make the larger connection, and who chose to live, or are forced to live as individuals because for a person taking their life from their community and from all of humanity and giving nothing back to humanity, they have robbed themselves of essential meaning. We live, and we die, and only when we grasp that society and humanity are immortal can we live as we should giving, thinking, learning, sharing, and making the situation better for all.

I think my father is near to dying, and the fact is that no one knows from day to day whether they will bury their father or if their father will bury them. But, he is loved, and has grandchildren, and has made a contribution to society and to all of us individually so he will not die, but only pass away.

Holiday20310401

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 11:17 am
@Fido,
What do you mean by humanity being immortal?

Humanity could destroy themselves at any time if there was a lesser cause to do so.
So by having a fulfilling life where it won't appear as a joke would be to give society as much potential as to accept from it.
And then this 'potential' would be effected by..

one's innovation, due to individualism- therefore, uniformity is bad.

one's influence, acting as an exponent to their potential, but not a constant variable- therefore, to not try to change humanity for the better based on your own sane thoughts is bad.

Any other variables?

However, this only works when the goal of society is coalescent virtue, everyone gets an equal succession in life, which to me is morally correct.

Would sanity be a variable, because no matter how sane or insane you are you still can have the same amount of potential as someone else. But the potential would most likely be latent in respect to the goal of a society to be for morals for virtue of society. ? :confused:

Fido

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 05:06 pm
@Holiday20310401,
I am not very sure of your questions, but I am well supplied with answers.

Ennui phil

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 09:42 pm
@Nitish,
Life is a ***** and it is so sickening and makes people wan,and this perception would apparently be obscure.I don't know the purpose of life,but solely the perception that science or God had formed it,and subsequently we are created to live.While living,we go through trails,as life would never be invariably perfect.Death is the most intriguing problem,life is short indeed,and living must be relishing.

Life might be devoid of any point.Nevertheless,I am not affirmative of why we must live with no point?There should be a point and one must genuinely search it.

TickTockMan

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 09:55 pm
@Richardgrant,
Richardgrant;14644 wrote:
I have found my lifes purpose, that is. Find God, know God, and be God. As I awaken to the dream and realize Heaven is within me, this is where God is, having found God, I now am getting to know who I Am,which is to be as ONE with God
It has been a long journey for me of wholly sensing without knowing, to wholly knowing without sensing. Richard

livingproof918

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 07:39 am
As long as negative and positive sides to life exist, life cannot be pointless...Because a point and purpose to live can be found in simply embracing the positive side of life. Now negativity creates even MORE of a point to life...for a few reasons.One, as long as negativity can be a burden to people and cause any kind of problem or difficulty in peoples lives, that person will have the challenge of turning their negative situation into a positive one. And a point and purpose to live can be found in the challenge of turning your negatives into positives just as it can be found in seeking out and enjoying the good things that this life has to offer. So while one man looks at life, sees nothing but negativity and sums life up as a joke, another man focuses on the positives and sees the negatives as nothing but obstacles to be overcome so that he can enjoy the outcome of turning those negatives into positives. Negativity even has some positive outcomes of its own, such as making us appreciate the good things in life more, due to all of the bad things.Like that saying that says "Sunny days wouldnt be special if it wasnt for rain, and joy wouldnt feel so good if it wasnt for pain."Or "you dont know what youve got until its gone", the absence of positivity should only make you appreciate good things even more in the end...

I have a point in life, my point in life is to party, get drunk, fuck different girls till I fall in love with one and decide to stick with her, have kids raise them up to have succesful lives that they enjoy living, teach them everything i know, and when im on yahoo and i see a person who made a blog called life is a joke, and says really depressing shit like life sucks and then you die, i can find more purpose to live in pointing out to him that life isnt pointless, and that he can do anything he sets his mind to because hes a human being and human beings are bad ass motherfuckers that probabaly shouldnt even exist which makes us all miracles in essence and we overcome every mother fuckin obstacle put in our way from world war 2 to learning how to dip pizza in ranch dressing because it tastes fucking bomb lol...it took me about an hour and a half to type this so i hope you thouroughly read it and take it to heart...keep ur head up and have a good life

jayday407

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 03:37 am
Yes life is a joke. Reality and perception is strictly opinion. The unfortunate fact is that we are all human with no reality other than what someone else has given us. Therefore trust comes into the picture, "another man made idea." Essentially, like you stated, we are no more important than the mosquito or deer or fly..... unless your MAN MADE ego permits you to believe so. I walked out on my front porch late at night and realized that myself, and my neighbors all live in these things we call homes and we assume that these are "Safe Houses" in the sense that nothing can happen to us at "home". However, just as "rock breaks scissor", nature can break home. As humans, what do you do? We have work, love and leisure.

Work is something that nobody likes. If you love your job, then it is not work. It is as simple as that. Essentially, work kills the human being. Despite the fact that it is required by today"s society.

Love is a great thing. However, love is, above many other things, extremely temporary. Even in "long-lasing" marriages, love is not exactly the same word that means love. Love ends. As hard as it is to except that, its true. People simply get tired of other people.

Leisure is the only cry of help we have as humans. We play pool, we watch football, we sit on our facebook. But what is it that we are told every day? Most of the leisure that we enjoy is in someway detrimental to our health. We go to the bar, our liver is damaged. We smoke cigarettes, our lungs are shot. we watch too much tv, our eyes are shot. leisure is a mirage, a creation of the mind to make this thing we call life not as bad.

The fact is that we can't let the fact that life is a joke hinder our lives. We have no choice but to play the cards we're dealt. It's bad when I can look at life as a whole and literally laugh, yet at the same time appreciate what I am given. I'm not arrogant, but I simply feel that we deserve a better scenario as humans than what we have.

In the end, this is what we have. This is what it is.

Etherman50

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2012 09:04 am
Life has no inherent meaning-it's just random being in an infinite void. But-a proper human life should manifest beauty,art,full consciousness,lust,adventure,freedom,thrills,pleasure,brilliance,positivity,open mindedness,individuation,and ultimately happiness. I hope that this answers your question. MR

michelleyy

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 05:52 am
@Justin,
Justin wrote:

NO, I disagree with you totally. However if you make life a Joke, then that's what it will ultimately become for you. Life is what you perceive it to be young man, and nothing else.

I completely agree with you.

taterpoon

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 02:16 am
Boy, I wish I could take some of that cosmic energy and solve world hunger. Sounds like powerful stuff.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:33:26