Does anyone believe in U.F.O.'s

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Does anyone believe in U.F.O.'s

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 04:07 am
Do you think that there is alien life in the universe which we might be able to contact?

Perhaps one may believe they exist even though you have never personally encountered anything?

-- Pythagorean

pilgrimshost

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:06 am
@Pythagorean,
Now this is an odd thead to find on a philosophy forum. I wonder if it has any point, but as Im that kind of bloke Ill give it a go!

Ufos definitly exist, I have seen a few here in England, and have been very lucky to be able to show the very people who laught at me, It was great, everytime their faces where pricless. Though I assume out of imbarrecment their comments where dampaning, such as ''well it makes no effect on my life'' or an annoyingly casuial ''so what?'' . Ufos are quite common around my area, my mum and dad have seen a few!

Aristoddler

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 06:14 pm
@Pythagorean,
I think it would be arrogant to assume that in the vastness of the universe, that we are the only inhabited planet.

If we are to theorize that there is 1 inhabited planet for every million galaxies, and the universe is infinite, then there are infinite numbers of inhabited worlds out there.

If we are to theorize
that there are half of that; equalling a number we can comprehend, like a billion just for the sake of easier math...then we would be incredibly arrogant to assume that our limited method of space travel is superior to the other billion worlds that may have established themselves as technologically advanced worlds.

If we continue to use one billion worlds as a basis for our theory; we can also predict that at least .0000000001% of these worlds would ahve discovered a method of space travel to reach us by now.

That would mean that one world has found us.

One world out of a billion, which is an incredible underestimate of the actual number of possible worlds that may actually know we exist.

As for the reported UFO crashes through the years; it would be silly to think that a civilization would have the technology to pass galaxies in a craft, only to crash here.
They would certainly have a reliable method of landing, if so much resources were involved in getting here.
No rational being on any planet would consider having second-rate landing capabilities on something that would undoubtedly involve a vast amount of risk.

I guess we'll only know when we're ready to know.

Good topic choice, Pythagorean.

starchild phil

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 01:41 am
@Pythagorean,
But of course, how could a universe exist with just us?
But just know that the aliens who do the abductions and chip implant and animals mutilation are NOT the real aliens, but US military-complex experiments with the new technology they got by reverse-engineering the aliens technology and they have also lots of their own small spaceships with which to do this. There is plenty information from 'whistleblowers' on the net.
Starchild

Aristoddler

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 09:50 pm
@Pythagorean,
Ah, but is that assumption that the abductions are gov't controlled a conditioned response due to the affect of the media?

The USA has approx 1% of its population in politics.
Another 5% are retired or otherwise no longer in politics.

6% of the population is a lot to keep a secret.

starchild phil

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 01:42 am
@Aristoddler,
It's easy: they keep information compartmentalised even among the people who work in the same project. Even the President and CIA and (sometimes) NSA don't know everything that is happening in the States.

Starchild

Electra phil

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 05:00 am
@Pythagorean,
Pythagorean wrote:
Do you think that there is alien life in the universe which we might be able to contact?

Perhaps one may believe they exist even though you have never personally encountered anything?

-- Pythagorean

Yes I do believe this. I do not believe it happens too frequently with a simple "lower circuit" Third Dimensional consciousness.

So far, my experience is we are the universe. I like Leary's explanation of this:

In short, the various levels of consciousness and circuits we have been discussing, and illustrating, are all biochemical imprints in the evolution of the nervous system. Each imprint creates a bigger tunnel-reality. In the Sufi metaphor, the donkey on the which we ride becomes a different donkey after each imprint. The metaprogrammer continually learns more and is increasingly able to be aware of itself operating. We are thus evolving to intelligence-studying-intelligence (the nervous system studying the nervous system) and are more and more capable of accelerating our own evolution.

The Eight Circuits of Consciousness

Electra phil

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 05:02 am
@Electra phil,
From the same page:

Electra phil

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 05:16 am
@Electra phil,
Posting binge again, so sorry. There are certain topics that "get me going". :p

I cannot answer your poll because the option I would pick is not there. It would be "I AM an ET-human Hybrid" and "spaceships are in your mind".

This idea was taught to me by a good teacher of GALACTIC consciousness. For a long time I kept thinking what does that mean?

Now I know.

pilgrimshost

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 12:22 pm
@Electra phil,
Im not completly sure if this is entirly relivent to this descussion but Ive often considered the possibility of travelling vaste distances at an extreamly fast speed is achieved by the speed of thought. The time it takes to 'imagine' the desired destination is the fastest anything can travel. Maybe this is how it is possible. This consept comes from a 'mystical' practice claimed to be used by Martial arts masters, hindus, some muslims, new age cults and certain satanists coverns; Ive forgot what its called but its when somebody deliberatly 'wills' their Spirit to 'travel' to another place and either visit or activly interact at that location. Ive heared of accounts of a particular group of satanists performing this act and together manifesting at a 'rival' deliverance ministers home to terrorise her.

Also Id like to add that it isnt important however to speculate why ETs visit us or the details concerning supposed crashes as we would alude to the reasoning only from a biased human perspective.

Pythagorean

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:24 pm
@Pythagorean,
Hey, everybody there has been a U.F.O. sighting over Chicago's O'Hare International airport. The sighting took place on November the 7th.

Jon Hilkevitch of the Chicago Tribune reports:

"It sounds like a tired joke--but a group of airline employees insist they are in earnest, and they are upset that neither their bosses nor the government will take them seriously.

A flying saucerlike object hovered low over O'Hare International Airport for several minutes before bolting through thick clouds with such intense energy that it left an eerie hole in overcast skies, said some United Airlines employees who observed the phenomenon.

"Officials at United professed no knowledge of the Nov. 7 event--which was reported to the airline by as many as a dozen of its own workers--when the Tribune started asking questions recently. But the Federal Aviation Administration said its air traffic control tower at O'Hare did receive a call from a United supervisor asking if controllers had spotted a mysterious elliptical-shaped craft sitting motionless over Concourse C of the United terminal."

"Some of the witnesses, interviewed by the Tribune, said they are upset that neither the government nor the airline is probing the incident."

Read his full report here.>>>

The sighting occurred during daylight, about 4:30 p.m., just before sunset.

It looks like a higher civilization might by lurking out there!

--

Refus

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 01:53 am
@Pythagorean,
Yeah, well those aliens probably thinks of it as moving back in time. LOOK, an AEROPLANE. As you all remember, these were widely used 2000 years ago...

So perhaps a school class.

Pythagorean

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 06:26 pm
@Refus,
Ha, he, Refus!

Yeah, a field trip!!

--

HexHammer

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 04:35 pm
@Pythagorean,
Pythagorean;1376 wrote:

Seems you have the usual definition confusion.

UFO = Unidentifyed Flying Object = anything flying that isn't identifyed. It could be a thrown beer can. Many mistakes sattelites for being UFOs.

Usually simpleminded people think UFO = alien space craft, and thereby has disregarded the simple definition of UFO.

Soul Brother

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 10:46 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;170145 wrote:

UFO = Unidentifyed Flying Object = anything flying that isn't identifyed. It could be a thrown beer can. Many mistakes sattelites for being UFOs.

Usually simpleminded people think UFO = alien space craft, and thereby has disregarded the simple definition of UFO.

I agree with this, those 'unidentified fling object' seen on most photographs can be easily recreated with a frisbee or such. But the airport incident has me thinking, I mean surely people who work with airplanes would have a sound understanding of aeronautics as to be able to differentiate between a purpose made 3 dimensional flying craft and a floating plastic bag, there would be a clear difference between something floating or flowing with the motion of air currents and something that is actually 'flying' and I would imagine that people that work around flying objects all day would clearly distinguish between them. The only other thing that could explain this would be if it was a deliberate stunt using some sort of a remotely controlled model craft, which do exist.

Jebediah

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 11:18 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;170145 wrote:

Your definition is wrong HexHammer. Is the definition of a bicycle "anything with two wheels"? No. It would be silly to call my suitcase a bicycle.

HexHammer

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 01:25 am
@Jebediah,
Jebediah;170257 wrote:
Your definition is wrong HexHammer. Is the definition of a bicycle "anything with two wheels"? No. It would be silly to call my suitcase a bicycle.
Could you point out excatly where my definition fails? I think my definition are right.

xris

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 03:59 am
@HexHammer,
The definition has been used to such an extent that it has been accepted by all, that it is flying object that we might consider alien to our knowledge. In the strictest sense, it is unidentified but for most it is an unusual or amazing event that we cant explain. A flying beer can would never display the antics we see described here.

A very good skeptical investigator remarked, if you took away 97% of UFO sightings as explainable it would leave literally thousands of UFO sightings, giving us cause for thought. Its one of those subjects that if you have encountered personally will leaves you with more than a passing interest. How many don't report for fear of ridicule?

Why do we look for the origins of these in far away galaxies, could they not be from a parallel universe? When you read the reports their sudden appearance and subsequent disappearance indicates something more than long distant travel. Their indistinct appearance gives them a ghostly almost other worldly image. Somethings out there, without doubt but from where who knows.

Krumple

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 05:45 am
@xris,
xris;170310 wrote:
The definition has been used to such an extent that it has been accepted by all, that it is flying object that we might consider alien to our knowledge. In the strictest sense, it is unidentified but for most it is an unusual or amazing event that we cant explain. A flying beer can would never display the antics we see described here.

A very good skeptical investigator remarked, if you took away 97% of UFO sightings as explainable it would leave literally thousands of UFO sightings, giving us cause for thought. Its one of those subjects that if you have encountered personally will leaves you with more than a passing interest. How many don't report for fear of ridicule?

Why do we look for the origins of these in far away galaxies, could they not be from a parallel universe? When you read the reports their sudden appearance and subsequent disappearance indicates something more than long distant travel. Their indistinct appearance gives them a ghostly almost other worldly image. Somethings out there, without doubt but from where who knows.

The reason I do not buy the argument that there are aliens visiting earth is because their motivation does not make sense.

If they have the technology to either travel through space over vast distances or cross dimensional planes what is their motivation to visit and not openly reveal themselves? My point is, if they have such technology and desire not to be seen, you would think they would have done a better job not being noticed. It's just too convenient that there are mild sightings and some inconsistent abduction stories. Why go through all the trouble? Why is it no one in large cities ever talks about being abducted but it's always some rural areas or some uneducated farmer who's cows got mutilated?

None of the details add up to anything substantial so it begs the question. Since there lacks any consistency and their motivation just does not parallel their technology it must just be peoples imagination run wild.

xris

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 06:05 am
@Krumple,
Krumple;170326 wrote:
The reason I do not buy the argument that there are aliens visiting earth is because their motivation does not make sense.

If they have the technology to either travel through space over vast distances or cross dimensional planes what is their motivation to visit and not openly reveal themselves? My point is, if they have such technology and desire not to be seen, you would think they would have done a better job not being noticed. It's just too convenient that there are mild sightings and some inconsistent abduction stories. Why go through all the trouble? Why is it no one in large cities ever talks about being abducted but it's always some rural areas or some uneducated farmer who's cows got mutilated?

None of the details add up to anything substantial so it begs the question. Since there lacks any consistency and their motivation just does not parallel their technology it must just be peoples imagination run wild.
You are dismissing something because of a conceived idea. I did not say they where aliens. I made an observation on the strangeness of their apparition and made a suggestion. You cant dismiss them as easily as you would wish. When large groups of people isolated from each other, make the same report, is that group hallucination through some type of telepathy?

Why would you dismiss them because you don't understand their technology or their motives. I can recall a certain captain Cook being ignored by a tribe on the beach because his boat was so alien to them , their subconscious just blotted out the boats existence. I have heard from so many close friends of incredible sightings they have experienced, I would have to admit, nearly all my friends are delusional and prone to the most amazing hallucinations.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Does anyone believe in U.F.O.'s
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 06:17:08