Give me a chance!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Thorwald 1

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 01:40 pm
WalkerJ wrote:
I'll send you the letter from Peter and Maria by email.

Walker, can you email me this letter as well? Also, was this childhood friend's initials D.S.? If so, I also know him quite well. Last I heard, he was living in Austin.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 02:12 pm
Thorwald wrote:
Also, was this childhood friend's initials D.S.? If so, I also know him quite well. Last I heard, he was living in Austin.

No, that's not him, although he, too, was a childhood friend who I met again a few years ago.

They guy I'm referring to goes by the screen name Miller on MovingOn.

Thorwald 1

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 02:17 pm
Ah! Cool! I know him quite well too!

Jack 2

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 03:54 pm
Quote:

I know at least 2 of the Miller brothers from the Seattle days. I never made it on a boat because I was too young at the time but I did go to a company party once. I never hung out with the guys too much because I didn't know they were exers yet. I did however provide them with significant quanities of the wacky-tobacky. I thought I was corrupting TF ranks.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 05:31 pm
Jack wrote:
Quote:

I know at least 2 of the Miller brothers from the Seattle days. I never made it on a boat because I was too young at the time but I did go to a company party once. I never hung out with the guys too much because I didn't know they were exers yet. I did however provide them with significant quanities of the wacky-tobacky. I thought I was corrupting TF ranks.

Their older brother, Daniel is still in, last I heard.

BTW, how did you manage to peg them as Family members (or exers)?

Jack 2

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 06:14 pm
WalkerJ wrote:
BTW, how did you manage to peg them as Family members (or exers)?

Because of Daniel's hairdo and that damn guitar. I also met the fishing posse by proxy of someone I met through an ex-member. I heard about the successes of SGAs either joining the military or taking the fish(gut)ing trips from out of Seattle. I had just gotten kicked out of Jay & Rose's (Philip & Cynthia Sloan) San Franciso home in the Mission district after they found out I had left The Family 2 years back and was only there for food and to make sweet, passionate sexy time with a girl living in their house.

As fate would have it, neither the military or fishing boats would take a 16 year old. Alan Martiny (Eman) was the kind hearted person he has always been and took me in where I helped him and his business until the dot-commies found me and turned me into the maverick corporate lackey I've since become. While I was there and at least for a while after (my brother Sam took over my post once I left) Alan's house was a temporary hotel for ex-FGAers on their way to the fishing boats.

Jered

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 12:34 pm
You sneaky little bastard you … yes, I remember a couple of hot little sixteen year olds in Jay & Rose’s. In fact I think I can guess which one you went for … I think she was Cherie or Cherry or something like that. Anyway, sounds like you got out of the, um, group nice and early, good going.

Jack 2

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 02:19 pm
Naw, not her.. but you know the time and place. Heh heh. She's now has with 2+ kids and is married to a now long lost friend. They are, unfortunately still in The Family.

Anonymous

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 04:14 pm
I just watched the Montel Williams Show about The Family. What a deal. I want to say to those that have broke away, have tremendous courage. May God be with you for the rest of your lives and give you much peace. I am sorry that there are people that are like this, full of lies and falses. Berg is nothing more than scum in my book. He preys on people and their feelings and emotions. I think he needs to be on death row or at least locked up. It is to bad that more cannot be done to him legally. All of you that are now out, good luck to you!

WalkerJ 1

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 05:06 pm
guest wrote:
I think [Berg] needs to be on death row or at least locked up. It is to bad that more cannot be done to him legally.

Berg died in 1994 at the age of 75. His wife, Karen Zerby, is still alive, though.

Anonymous

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 03:29 am
Hi ! I m living in Croatia and heare no1didnt know about Family like you talk about(sexual obuse).I meet Family members last yeare ,and i have bible classes with Family members 12 Fondation stones and Bredges.I didnt know anything ,and I desperately need thees to know.Its unbealievable.I just cant imagine how any human bing could do what Angela(Sara) did to Ricky.But still dont undarstand how thay have much love for oders , and help pepol arond them,,and do stuff like sexual obus children.It made me physically sick to my stomach.Its incredible to me.

WalkerJ 1

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 08:39 am
Anonymous wrote:
Hi ! I m living in Croatia and heare no1didnt know about Family like you talk about(sexual obuse).I meet Family members last yeare ,and i have bible classes with Family members 12 Fondation stones and Bredges.I didnt know anything ,and I desperately need thees to know.Its unbealievable.I just cant imagine how any human bing could do what Angela(Sara) did to Ricky.But still dont undarstand how thay have much love for oders , and help pepol arond them,,and do stuff like sexual obus children.It made me physically sick to my stomach.Its incredible to me.

Most of the sexual abuses that happened, took place almost 20 years ago. While I doubt that the Family members you are in contact with are abusing their children sexually, if they joined the Family in the 70s or 80s, then they were certainly around when the Story of Davidito was published and they continued to support Family leaders even though they knew what was going on.

Family members don't talk about all their doctrines to people who are not in The Family or long-time friends. Many of their basic beliefs are (debatably) of a Christian nature, so to someone who has only met them a few times, they will seem like regular Christians.

While they don't officially condone adult-child sex, when pressed for answers, it appears they still believe that it is not a crime (as the above dialogue with Eman shows).

It's up to you if you want to continue to stay in contact with them, but if you do, I would recommend that you ask them if they think that what was done to Rick was sexual abuse or not.

If they say they think it was abusive, you can ask them why they still give their money to the people who photographed, published and promoted these things.

If they say it wasn't abuse, then I guess you have your answer.

Piram

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 07:20 am
Re: Give me a chance!
leocon wrote:

I want to start by saying I am sorry for the hurt and harm that some X-members have felt at the "hands" of The Family! I am sorry for the rough past that they had to live through and the abuse which DID happen!

Can you give me a chance?
If so.....You just might find what you are looking for!
GBY
leocon

It´s easy to say you´re sorry for what unnamed persons in the Family did. Doing this is essentially mimicking TF leaders´behaviour.

I´m glad for you, if you didn´t suffer sexual abuse. Neither I nor my children suffered sexual abuse in TF*; we left shortly after FF ing started. However, I hope that you have not, like other members of TF, told those that say they were sexually abused that they should stop saying "poor me" and leave it in the past. when one has been sexually abused and they´ve gathered up the courage to talk about it publicly, the last thing they need is someone telling them, like we used to hear in the first-generation COG, " stop complaining". I believe that there are times in this life when it is perfectly legitimate to complain, especially when the reason for the complaint is as serious and as psychologically ravaging as sexual abuse. Sexual abuse is a powerful psychological tool for manipulating and controlling people; the founder of TF knew this.

*However, both my wife and I did suffer psychological abuse.

Bornor Regis

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 05:32 pm
A little earlier in this thread someone talked of spanking and how they thought it was abuse. Please let me say that spanking was normal practise in most familys in the system and has gone on for hundreds of years. It may be considered abuse by 'politically correct' persons today, but it was considered by very many ordinary parents and schools to be normal.

I was spanked as a boy, and it never did me any harm, but a lot of good. By it, I learnt what was acceptable and what wasn't, and that if I was defiant of authority, I must expect to be punished by corporal punishment.

Indian Joe 1

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 07:42 pm
Bornor Regis wrote:
A little earlier in this thread someone talked of spanking and how they thought it was abuse.

I can't find it at the moment, but I am aware of a COG publication called "The Hot Potato" where it was suggested that children be spanked until they stopped crying.

That was certainly never done to me when I was a child. I would think that if you did something painful to a child so long that they were silent that it would certainly be abusive.

Anonymous

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2006 01:51 am
Bornor Regis wrote:
A little earlier in this thread someone talked of spanking and how they thought it was abuse. Please let me say that spanking was normal practise in most familys in the system and has gone on for hundreds of years. It may be considered abuse by 'politically correct' persons today, but it was considered by very many ordinary parents and schools to be normal.

I was spanked as a boy, and it never did me any harm, but a lot of good. By it, I learnt what was acceptable and what wasn't, and that if I was defiant of authority, I must expect to be punished by corporal punishment.

I know people who pay 000's of $ to be spanked!
I suppose they must enjoy it?
Maybe it reminds them of their childhood years.

Love & God Bless

Max aka Guest

Cookie 2

Reply Sun 15 Oct, 2006 02:17 pm
Dear Leocon, I have found almost all of your comments disturbing and ignorant. disturbing because i once felt like you, not knowing what i have learned since breaking free of my thought patterns that the Family ingrained in me. Only a couple of years ago i was standing up for all those things too, so blindly and so by faith, but I have learned (mainly from experiences in the family) that my faith was misplaced, my faith was given out too blindly, and my efforts not as much for the Lord as they were for the Family machine.

Of course there are things about the Family that are good. But there are things about the Family that are so washed that seem sinister to the rest of the world. now i know that this practice in TF is over with, but you're still defending it so there's something messed up with your belief system - you think things like sucking a baby's dick is alright if he enjoys it. well let me tell you something, that baby's gonna grow up with a twisted mind and impose those things on his baby or others or he's gonna be grossed out with his parents. if i had heard my parents did anything of the sort to me, i'd dispise them, i would be physically ill every time i thot about it or about them. They'd be my parents, but i'd be too sick to talk to them, ever. How would you feel about your mom if you knew she cleaned your dick with her mouth, eh, if she sucked you off? Come on, leocon, you've got to think, not just accept. it's so reprehensible and irresponsible.

I understand your mentality. in fact, i know you can see it no other way, at least not let anything else really sink in. you've never known anything else, and neither did i until i left. i would have said all those things a couple years ago too, because i was trained to jump at those key words like abuse, brainwashing, cult, etc and defend the family. But you need to allow yourself to step back from the family for awhile and question your entire belief system from the begining to end. I still love the Lord, but i have chosen to reject a lot of what i did not see come straight from the bible but which were interpretations that hurt me and others i loved/love.

evanman

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 03:16 pm
Until TF publickly renounce and denounce Berg's and Zerby's teachings they will never be anything more than a dangerous and deceptive cult.

Changing a policy doesn't equate with renouncing and repentance!

They still uphold Berg as a great man of God!

Berg thought Rasputin was a great man of God, guess he modelled himself on that old Russian perv!

Karen Zerby is twisted, she needs untwisting, sadly I can't see it ever happening!

HonestSandwich

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 02:47 am
Hi Leocon,

Your post was got my attention and seemed very genuine. I have only met members of "The Family International" once before, I had a very long conversation with them about prophecies in the bible, and the end of the world. I must say, I found the conversation very rewarding and positive, the people I met from "The Family International" seemed very friendly and kind hearted.

Day 1

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 07:45 am
Honest-Sandwich wrote:
... I must say, I found the conversation very rewarding and positive, the people I met from "The Family International" seemed very friendly and kind hearted.

Predators are not usually so bold as to make themselves obvious to their prey. Like unscrupulous salesmen, TF's methodology often utilizes stealth and deception, playing on one's hopes and fears, while offering what seems to be a noble place in the kingdom. What's more, most are sold on the illusion themselves, sincerely. However, kindness and pleasantries do not determine the rightness or soundness of any belief. An old woman once commented, in less than glowing terms, about an acquaintance. My response was that the acquaintance seemed like such a nice person. Then the old woman said, "Most whores do." Suffice it to say, TF's kindness is in their interest, not yours.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:00:42