UCB-TV (UK Christian Satelite broadcaster)

  1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » UCB-TV (UK Christian Satelite broadcaster)

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

evanman
 
Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 01:38 pm
UCB-TV (UK Christian Satelite broadcaster)
The following is a copy of a message that I have been sending. If you wish, please forward it on to your contacts.
Quote:
My son had brought his daughter to visit us this afternoon. He put UCB-TV on. We were just shocked when we caught the end of a programme called “Kiddy Viddyâ€
 
Monger 1
 
Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 04:09 pm
If you leave The Family out of it, would you disagree that Treasure Attic, Kiddy Viddie, Cherub Wings, etc. are for the most part wholesome Christian products? Berg was a fcuked up dude, but as far as anyone outside the group is concerned he is not the current leader of The Family. In any case, I find that his actions have spoken volumes more against him than have his words.
 
WalkerJ 1
 
Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 11:15 pm
Monger wrote:
If you leave The Family out of it, would you disagree that Treasure Attic, Kiddy Viddie, Cherub Wings, etc. are for the most part wholesome Christian products?


No. I would tend to agree with that.

Taking it a step further: I tend to think it wouldn't really be of much benefit to anyone if people got the networks to stop broadcasting these videos.
 
evanman
 
Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 04:58 am
Nothing TFI promotes is wholesome, or Christian!

Guess some people here have forgotten what they have come out of!!
 
Monger 1
 
Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 10:51 am
evanman wrote:
Guess some people here have forgotten what they have come out of!!

Evanman, your patronization and condescending tone is uncalled for. It is clear that you're uncomfortable with the fact that The Family promotes many of your religious (read: fanciful) beliefs, but viewing the world in black and white doesn't make it so.
 
evanman
 
Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 03:27 pm
I do not believe anything that TFI promotes.

They do not promote anything that is Christian or wholesome!

Some people seem content to let by-gones be by-gones!

Until TFI denounce David Berg, Karen Zerby, Peter Amsterdam and every other lying leader, plus the doctrines and truly renounce them all they are an affront to everything that is decent and wholesome.

You may be content with Berg's cult--I am not! I am utterly opposed to them!
 
willow the wip
 
Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 03:39 pm
I have been observing the activerty here in the forum and felt i had to state something.

I am a Cult Buster also Cult expositer and part of a world wide nextwork or anti-cult orgs as I know quite a lot of people I would find that the Issues of TFI stand clear they are by the FBI are currently under investigations of the Child Sex cases within this cult.

I believe to publicize any information by TFI would ligitermise any activerty Past, Present or Future of TFI and thus would seriously be a cause for concern, as I feel that many other people who are ex-members would find that past trumatic experiances would only surface.

Would you even say to over 500 ex-members just to compromise lets forget the past and move on, I dont think it is as simple as that when TFI still commit these very acts of sexual abuse of also other adults.

Most current cases that a majority of people who leave these cult eather get institutionalized or they end up in a fatal act.

or atempted suicide.


Also Kiddie Viddie and Trasure attic are recruitment video`s into TFI.
 
Monger 1
 
Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 03:45 pm
evanman wrote:
I do not believe anything that TFI promotes.

You are either knowingly lying, or largely unaware of The Family's less controversial beliefs.

evanman wrote:
Until TFI denounce David Berg, Karen Zerby, Peter Amsterdam and every other lying leader, plus the doctrines and truly renounce them all they are an affront to everything that is decent and wholesome.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the fact that most Christians would find Tresure Attic, Kiddie Viddie, etc. to be promoting values they consider wholesome.

evanman wrote:
You may be content with Berg's cult--I am not! I am utterly opposed to them!

I will not argue in defense of words that are being put in my mouth.
 
willow the wip
 
Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 03:49 pm
Monger wrote:
evanman wrote:
Until TFI denounce David Berg, Karen Zerby, Peter Amsterdam and every other lying leader, plus the doctrines and truly renounce them all they are an affront to everything that is decent and wholesome.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the fact that most Christians would find Tresure Attic, Kiddy Viddie, etc. to be promoting values they consider wholesome.

evanman wrote:
You may be content with Berg's cult--I am not! I am utterly opposed to them!

I will not argue in defense of words that are being put in my mouth.


Monger I guess you did not read my statement.

Any one can call up UCB and be lead to Aurara productions a doorway into TFI i think it would be a major concern.

And Family Care Foundation and even make donations
 
Monger 1
 
Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 04:07 pm
willow the wip wrote:
Would you even say to over 500 ex-members just to compromise lets forget the past and move on

No. I'm not sure why you'd suggest that. If I wanted to "forget the past", I wouldn't be a regular contributor to xFamily.org (which I consider the most comprehensive source of info about The Family on the Internet). However, similar to how the present doesn't change or excuse the past, the past doesn't negate the possibility of changes in the present.

willow the wip wrote:
TFI still commit these very acts of sexual abuse

Please back this up. I disagree, based on the recent experiences of myself and hundreds of others in & out of the cult. I do not believe the Family stopped widespread abuse when they claim to have, and I do not believe things like that the Family cares about ridding themselves of past abusers, but I see no evidence that child abuse is promoted today or continues at any significantly greater rate than in society at large.

willow the wip wrote:
Most current cases that a majority of people who leave these cult eather get institutionalized or they end up in a fatal act.
or atempted suicide.

I strongly suspect that is absolute poppycock. If not, please cite your sources. I'm not saying growing up in cults doesn't increase the chances of such, but that is not the claim you made.

willow the wip wrote:
Also Kiddie Viddie and Trasure attic are recruitment video`s into TFI.

Again, that is simply not factual. The video series you mention are fund-raising and public relations tools. The Family does not recruit toddlers & young children.
 
Thorwald 1
 
Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 04:33 pm
Nicely put, Monger. I agree with everything in your post.

If we are to retain any credibility, we cannot let such accusations go unchecked!
 
Anonymous
 
Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 05:35 pm
KVs
I don't think I would ever show kids those videos. Maybe they are consistent with certian fundy christian values, but I have a hard time thinking of the kiddie viddies I saw as wholesome. "Today my Daddy spanked me," etc., and some of the other simpering "lessons." Although if you were a kid growing up in a system household, you may not really be substantially affected by those "lessons" if you are just watching the video as a tiny fraction of a life with other components that influence you more.

While the Kiddie Viddies and Treasure Attics are not recruitment tools per se, I think of my childhood days when "sheepy" families would be reeled in on the basis of the Family's "wholesome, christian" products, which most people assumed was an accurate portrayal of the vendors.
 
Anonymous
 
Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 05:44 pm
KVs
I forgot to say that I am also troubled by anything that financially contributes to Zerby, however indirectly or minimally. I can imagine some christian companies may feel the same IF they knew. Like purchasing certain illegal goods helps finance terrorism.

Other than these things I agree with Monger.

I apologize for the double post, I have never posted here before and am just learning how it works.
 
Monger 1
 
Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 05:52 pm
"Hm", you add some good points and caveats, with which I largely agree. I was primarily attempting to balance some of the intellectual dishonesty employed here.
 
WalkerJ 1
 
Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 05:56 pm
willow the wip wrote:
Most current cases that a majority of people who leave these cult eather get institutionalized or they end up in a fatal act.
or atempted suicide.

Did really mean to you say a majority of people? If so, are you sure you have your facts straight and could we see your proof?

No doubt, the above-mentioned fates have come to many ex-members (of all cults), but by far not the majority.

I assume you are aware that if you can be proven a liar in one of your statements, all of your statements, previous and subsequent, become suspect.

willow the wip wrote:
Also Kiddie Viddie and Trasure attic are recruitment video`s into TFI.

Really? What was the title of the last Kiddie Viddie you watched?

I daresay that you wouldn't recongize a recent Family production if you saw it and were unaware of its source.
 
evanman
 
Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 03:53 am
I find it interesting that people would consider the trash contained in the Kiddy Viddy series is remotely "christian".

Jesus is quoted as saying that, "a corrupt tree cannot bare good fruit"
(Matthew 7:18; Luke 6:43)

Kiddy Viddy comes from a "corrupt Tree" TFI is a corrupt tree.

Jesus also stated that "even a small amount of leaven will leaven the whole amount", as well as the Apostle who added that we should "purge out the old leaven".

Corruption is at the heart of everything that TFI is founded upon. It can only produce more corruption.
 
Anonymous
 
Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 04:43 am
Anonymous wrote:
Monger wrote:
willow the wip wrote:
Would you even say to over 500 ex-members just to compromise lets forget the past and move on

No. I'm not sure why you'd suggest that. If I wanted to "forget the past", I wouldn't be a regular contributor to xFamily.org (which I consider the most comprehensive source of info about The Family on the Internet). However, similar to how the present doesn't change or excuse the past, the past doesn't negate the possibility of changes in the present.


Famouse saying “He who does not learn from the past is doomed to repeat it!â€
 
willow the wip
 
Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 04:45 am
http://www.kkk.com/

I did not log in and therefore inadvertanly posted 2 times.

Please can one of the editers delete the first post under guest thanks
 
willow the wip
 
Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 04:57 am
WalkerJ wrote:
willow the wip wrote:
Most current cases that a majority of people who leave these cult eather get institutionalized or they end up in a fatal act.
or atempted suicide.

Did really mean to you say a majority of people? If so, are you sure you have your facts straight and could we see your proof?

No doubt, the above-mentioned fates have come to many ex-members (of all cults), but by far not the majority.

I assume you are aware that if you can be proven a liar in one of your statements, all of your statements, previous and subsequent, become suspect.

willow the wip wrote:
Also Kiddie Viddie and Trasure attic are recruitment video`s into TFI.

Really? What was the title of the last Kiddie Viddie you watched?

I daresay that you wouldn't recongize a recent Family production if you saw it and were unaware of its source.


Walker I was educated about TFI in school many many years ago and though out my life i have studyed on cults and how alot of them work, as my perents are both ex-members i would say i know exaclty what TFI publications are, if and when i come across them, with I agree with evan because I to have seen these on the Christian Channels, to the point that they would accept mormon vids as long as they mention Jesus then it is ok.

They accept Islam.

I can prove that becouse i have it on video.

They problem is not that they show the vids, the problem is that what the videos funds and were the money gose to especially if the vids come from TFI then the money gose to fund TFI.

Though I personally would not show my little girl these vids also, if the cult is currupt why should i currupt my child with that crap.
 
Monger 1
 
Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 08:10 am
Anonymous wrote:
You missquote me I said I dont think it is as simple as that when TFI still commit these very acts of sexual abuse of also other adults.

Please quote the full context it seems that you read into Child abuse when i stated of other adults.

This i can show you

TFI law of Love.

[...]

This is what is called adultry.


Adultery http://www.sfu.ca/philosophy/beyond_experience/not_equal.gif sexual abuse. The "Law of Love" as applied in the Family today is not "sexual abuse".
 
 

 
  1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » UCB-TV (UK Christian Satelite broadcaster)
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 03/24/2019 at 02:10:42