Save us all from bad ideas!

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Save us all from bad ideas!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 03:54 pm
Save us all from bad ideas!
I found out about COG from wikipedia several months ago, and recently saw the Dr. Phil episode about it. What's struck me even more than how this is clearly among the worst excesses of idiotic hippie ideas about sex, it's comparable to Nazi Germany in terms of horrible, horrible, horrible ideas being put into practice and ruining people's lives.

A lot of the responsibility goes to David Berg and his obvious mental issues, but what of his followers? It is puzzling that, time and again, a bad idea in an attractive disguise can take on a life of its own and wreak havoc on a mass scale.

If there's anything we can take away from all of this, it's that as long as people gravitate towards what makes them feel good emotionally, or what superficially seems right, even if it's actually bad or destructive (which they can't see because they've been misled), this is going to happen again and again.

And that's truly a shame.

max 1

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 01:44 am
I would not rely on Wilkpedia it is not a reliable reference source.
It is not the idea that was bad it was the misinterpretation by certain individuals that you refer to as hippies.
They continue to misinterpret.
Father Berg gave a great deal of people hope where before they had none.
TFI has undergone many reforms and continues to do so.
You can go back & think about some of the famous conquerors of the World who are now considered evil monsters & the worst villains the World has ever known, & it's all because their side lost & the other side wrote the history! You never hear a good thing about Napoleon any more, whereas there was a time when Napoleon & even Hitler were considered saviours of Europe!
You should try and look at TFI objectively and with an open mind and not listen to hostile apostates who are being controlled by the vandari.

Best wishes

Max

Acheick

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 09:38 am
max wrote:
It is not the idea that was bad it was the misinterpretation by certain individuals that you refer to as hippies.
You can go back & think about some of the famous conquerors of the World who are now considered evil monsters & the worst villains the World has ever known, & it's all because their side lost & the other side wrote the history! You never hear a good thing about Napoleon any more, whereas there was a time when Napoleon & even Hitler were considered saviours of Europe!
You should try and look at TFI objectively and with an open mind and not listen to hostile apostates who are being controlled by the vandari.

Best wishes

Max

So, peter, it's true then, you've given your soul over to "Father" Berg and all his little demons? I'm crushed.

max 1

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 10:42 am
Acheick wrote:
max wrote:

Best wishes

Max

So, peter, it's true then, you've given your soul over to "Father" Berg and all his little demons? I'm crushed.

Dear Acheick
I do not understand why you refer to me as Peter?
My name is not Peter but Max which is a Jewish name and since my grandmother was Jewish I suppose that make’s sense.
I have not, as you say given my soul over to anyone and that includes "Father Berg" who was and in Gods World still is a good man.
I have read many of the Mo letters, as you will have noticed from my recent postings.
As a former member you understand what I mean.
Yesterday I received a direct e-mail from Claire Borowick in Washington D.C. in defense of the documentary by Nick Godwin that was aired on C4 T.V. in the U.K under the series known as "Cutting Edge"
She is a very intelligent educated and determined individual and her side of the story is most enlightening and provides needed balance.
I cannot and will not disclose on a public forum the content of this e-mail but if we can have mutual respect for one another then I may disclose certain text.
I do not think you are stupid but when you call me names like Postman Pat I have to and will respond accordingly.
Nevertheless you have made a intelligent point and I now know that you were a member of what I aspire to, namely TFI
If I am (and I wll be) accepted as a member I will try to make changes.
If, as many have already done so, you can forgive those members of TFI that you believe have wronged you then I applaud you.
I will post this message under my topic of Forgiveness so that Walker et al can see that I mean only good.
To be honest I think this site is very good but you must give members of TFI or advocates therof a chance t put forward thier views.
Having lived and still own a home in the US I love the Country.
My ex -wife was American and I miss her dearly.
God Bless America and You and that is form my heart

Regards

Max

Anonymous

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 04:42 pm
Max wrote:
Quote:

Max, you often contradict Berg's teachings. Berg generally commented that God should damn America and all Americans.

Anonymous

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 05:59 pm
Anonymous wrote:
Max wrote:
Quote:

Max, you often contradict Berg's teachings. Berg generally commented that God should damn America and all Americans.

We all make mistakes and the Reverend Mo was not alone in doing so.
That said I stand by my blessings.
Love & God Bless You and America the land of the brave.
Max aka Guest

Colonel

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 08:32 pm
Quote:

That said I stand by my blessings.
Love & God Bless You and America the land of the brave.
Max aka Guest
-

Hrodulf, don't rely on Max either as a reliable reference source. Yes, we all make mistakes, but some of us make more horrendous and criminal "mistakes" than others.

evanman

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 02:24 pm
Max Wrote
Quote:

Were his incestuous relationships a simple "mistake"?

besides, when I was in CoG/TF, everything Mos said was God's words.

he was God's "mouthpiece" you know!

Anonymous

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 10:16 am
evanman wrote:
Max Wrote
Quote:

Were his incestuous relationships a simple "mistake"?

besides, when I was in CoG/TF, everything Mos said was God's words.

he was God's "mouthpiece" you know!

Well he is dead now so I guess we will have to rely on you!
Good points on the cricket though but it's a case of the minority spoiling good standards for the majority.
I look forward to reading your words of wisdom.
Not a bad web site you have except It could do with a makeover, ask boy Walker, he's a top man in I.T.you know well allegedly and by all accounts he needs extra work.

Regards

Max aka Guest

evanman

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 01:20 pm
A minority like Berg & Zerby spoiling it all for the rest of us. Is that the sort of thing you mean?

Monger 1

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 07:34 pm
Anonymous wrote:
Not a bad web site you have except It could do with a makeover

One of the few things I can agree with you on, Max. So far, the volunteer contributors who work on this site in their free time have chosen to focus on improving the content. We'll get to improving the look and feel eventually though.

max 1

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 01:27 am
Websites
Dear Monger
As a matter of fact I was referring to Evanmans Website.
I thought I had made that clear, obviously not.
As for this site, it's very good technically but I agree it does need some different input from some different people.
Have you thought of advertising on this site?
Since you appear not to be registered that may be troublesome.
It would help you with server costs which do not seem to healty.

Love, Hope & Forgiveness

Max

Anonymous

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:17 am
Quote:
Achieck, I do not understand why you refer to me as Peter?
My name is not Peter but Max which is a Jewish name and since my grandmother was Jewish I suppose that make’s sense.

I'm not Achieck, but I understand why she refers to you as Peter. That is the name of Zerby's consort, the #2 leader of TFI. Many of the things you write from a businessman's perspective show the same type of compromised ethical reasoning and groundless naivete as King Peter Kelly, aka, Peter Smith, aka Peter Amsterdam.

It's hard to believe you have Jewish heritage if you have truly read the repugnant MLs where Berg's anti-semitism and racism is running rampant and conclude that "the Reverend made a few mistakes." Jew-bashing is a choice based in fear and ignorance. Berg wasn't simply anti-Zionist. He hated Jews and villified them.

max 1

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 11:28 am
CB wrote:
Quote:
Achieck, I do not understand why you refer to me as Peter?

I'm not Achieck, but I understand why she refers to you as Peter. That is the name of Zerby's consort, the #2 leader of TFI. Many of the things you write from a businessman's perspective show the same type of compromised ethical reasoning and groundless naivete as King Peter Kelly, aka, Peter Smith, aka Peter Amsterdam.

It's hard to believe you have Jewish heritage if you have truly read the repugnant MLs where Berg's anti-semitism and racism is running rampant and conclude that "the Reverend made a few mistakes." Jew-bashing is a choice based in fear and ignorance. Berg wasn't simply anti-Zionist. He hated Jews and villified them.

I’m not Peter, that would be a divine miracle!
I thank you for your compliments concerning my business acumen, which I use for wealth creation in true capitalist fashion and of course I am not alone in doing so.
If you want to criticize the business community may I suggest you write to “Forbes Magazineâ€

Anonymous

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:05 pm
Yes, I knew that Berg claimed Jewish heritage and bragged about it in the early days. Berg claimed all kinds of things that have turned out to be untrue. Just as an FYI, Zerby, the current leader, is also virulently anti-semitic and won't hesitate to use Jew-bashing as a tactic when she wants to impress an anti-Zionist audience.

I have nothing against capitalism. I'm working on making my own fortune in the stock market and expect to retire comfortably well off. In business, you can play by the rules and do well, or you can bend and break the rules and have a lousy reputation where fewer and fewer people want to do you favors or cut you some slack. To me, unethical business practices include misrepresenting who you are and what you do. This is what TFI does with regard to Family Care Foundation. Berg trained up Zerby & Kelly in how to be successful grifters. Since the mid-1990s and the spread of the internet, it's become increasingly difficult for them to make it in the confidence business when their personal histories are only a mouse-click away.

Peter is not a particularly good businessman, btw, so I wouldn't take it as a big compliment when Achieck references you this way. You are, however, Peter's idea for a wet dream--a healthy, ambitious young man who wants to turn TFI into a financial power. What a concept. Peter's been working on that angle for close to 20 years now without much success. Peter knows it would make a huge difference if TFI could legitimize itself and start moving its business affairs above ground. As long as TFI operates underground and off the grid, the organization can never establish itself as a financial power the way Scientology or the Unification Church have done.

You should do a little risk assessment before setting out to make TFI into a Fortune 500 charity organization. There is a very high probability that second generation survivors will bring a civil suit against TFI-WS and TFI-FCF in the next five to ten years. If filed in the US, the suit will be similar to the ones brought against the Catholic Church to the tune of millions of dollars in damages.

Something else you might want to do is some basic math on the membership numbers that are published yearly in the Family News. When you add up the numbers and look at who's around by age cohort, you'll see there aren't nearly enough working-age adults to carry the organization on much longer in the face of the current attrition rate.

Day 1

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:56 pm
Ewww. I'm thinkin' that's a slam dunk there. Very Happy

Anonymous

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 03:14 am
Another Guest wrote:
Yes, I knew that Berg claimed Jewish heritage and bragged about it in the early days. Berg claimed all kinds of things that have turned out to be untrue. Just as an FYI, Zerby, the current leader, is also virulently anti-semitic and won't hesitate to use Jew-bashing as a tactic when she wants to impress an anti-Zionist audience.

I have nothing against capitalism. I'm working on making my own fortune in the stock market and expect to retire comfortably well off. In business, you can play by the rules and do well, or you can bend and break the rules and have a lousy reputation where fewer and fewer people want to do you favors or cut you some slack. To me, unethical business practices include misrepresenting who you are and what you do. This is what TFI does with regard to Family Care Foundation. Berg trained up Zerby & Kelly in how to be successful grifters. Since the mid-1990s and the spread of the internet, it's become increasingly difficult for them to make it in the confidence business when their personal histories are only a mouse-click away.

Peter is not a particularly good businessman, btw, so I wouldn't take it as a big compliment when Achieck references you this way. You are, however, Peter's idea for a wet dream--a healthy, ambitious young man who wants to turn TFI into a financial power. What a concept. Peter's been working on that angle for close to 20 years now without much success. Peter knows it would make a huge difference if TFI could legitimize itself and start moving its business affairs above ground. As long as TFI operates underground and off the grid, the organization can never establish itself as a financial power the way Scientology or the Unification Church have done.

You should do a little risk assessment before setting out to make TFI into a Fortune 500 charity organization. There is a very high probability that second generation survivors will bring a civil suit against TFI-WS and TFI-FCF in the next five to ten years. If filed in the US, the suit will be similar to the ones brought against the Catholic Church to the tune of millions of dollars in damages.

Something else you might want to do is some basic math on the membership numbers that are published yearly in the Family News. When you add up the numbers and look at who's around by age cohort, you'll see there aren't nearly enough working-age adults to carry the organization on much longer in the face of the current attrition rate.

Dear Another Guest
Thank you for your input and response.
I will take your points as follows.

As I said maybe it was because The Reverend Berg was of Jewish decent that he felt this way?
When the UN General Assembly votes 133 to 4 condemning Israel's decision to murder the elected Palestinian leader, it means that except for the US, Micronesia and Marshal Islands, all other countries on the globe are anti-semitic!
So you see, we all get things wrong even most Nations!

I have lots of things against capitalism, exploitation, low wages, there are many things wrong with it, but as a capitalist I try to make difference, since that is what it’s all about making a difference.
I would not rely on the stock market to make your fortune and retire, it can and is very dangerous.
One only needs to look back at “Black Mondayâ€

Anonymous

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 07:02 am
Quote:
As to membership numbers, well since you claim that TFI are secretive who can really say?

TFI is secretive, but they publish a large number of internal documents, many of which can be accessed through this website. Membership statistics are published every year in a newsletter that goes to tithing members. If you go to the "statistics" page on this website and break out the numbers, a simple regression line will tell you what's happening.

Yes, Scientology has lent TFI its legal expertise, but whether they continue to do so is debatable. I prefer to see documents or statements made by TFI leadership before I accept a claim about this group as accurate. TFI needs a lot more than hot-shot legal advice to gain legitimacy. It would help if the offspring of the founders and their followers didn't go around killing people or claiming they were raped as small children.

Did you know Rick isn't the only second generation member who has murdered a first gen member? (Check out LaMattery Resource.) What's up with these murderous TFI offsping? Or for that matter, all the TFI offpring who suicide or have drug addiction & alcoholism issues? Just a bunch of weaklings who couldn't take boot camp in the Lord's Army, eh?

Or could there be a social pathology in the group that's being smoothed over and covered up by Clair Borowick's outright lies? As Josef Goebbels pointed out, “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." Speaking of lies, did you know that TFI teaches lying to people outside the group as a matter of doctrine? (See "Deceivers Yet True.") People within TFI conintue to accept the WS propaganda because their access to information and ability to engage in critical thinking is restricted by group discipline. What's your excuse, given your frequent access to this website and the numerous challenges you've been given to engage critical thinking? I don't accept your moral relativism regarding TFI as a sign of open mindedness and fairness; I see it as sloppy, self-interested rationalization.

Anonymous

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 11:50 am
CB wrote:
Quote:
As to membership numbers, well since you claim that TFI are secretive who can really say?

TFI is secretive, but they publish a large number of internal documents, many of which can be accessed through this website. Membership statistics are published every year in a newsletter that goes to tithing members. If you go to the "statistics" page on this website and break out the numbers, a simple regression line will tell you what's happening.

Yes, Scientology has lent TFI its legal expertise, but whether they continue to do so is debatable. I prefer to see documents or statements made by TFI leadership before I accept a claim about this group as accurate. TFI needs a lot more than hot-shot legal advice to gain legitimacy. It would help if the offspring of the founders and their followers didn't go around killing people or claiming they were raped as small children.

Did you know Rick isn't the only second generation member who has murdered a first gen member? (Check out LaMattery Resource.) What's up with these murderous TFI offsping? Or for that matter, all the TFI offpring who suicide or have drug addiction & alcoholism issues? Just a bunch of weaklings who couldn't take boot camp in the Lord's Army, eh?

Or could there be a social pathology in the group that's being smoothed over and covered up by Clair Borowick's outright lies? As Josef Goebbels pointed out, “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." Speaking of lies, did you know that TFI teaches lying to people outside the group as a matter of doctrine? (See "Deceivers Yet True.") People within TFI conintue to accept the WS propaganda because their access to information and ability to engage in critical thinking is restricted by group discipline. What's your excuse, given your frequent access to this website and the numerous challenges you've been given to engage critical thinking? I don't accept your moral relativism regarding TFI as a sign of open mindedness and fairness; I see it as sloppy, self-interested rationalization.

As I said I prefer not to use statistics.
I guess you will just have to debate the issue of legal assistance from Scientology.
Perhaps you could ask them for a statement or maybe they have already issued one?
One suicide and murder is one to many and yes it is unfortunate but it happens and has happened more than once in all organizations.
Look at the U.S Military including the army, not the Lords army but good old George W’s army doing Gods work in Iraq!
There are weak people in all walks of life and I consider suicide to be the cowards way out look at Hitler for example!
As for the rest of your comments you are entitled to your views and as for any comments or views by Ms Claire Borowick then perhaps you should address them directly to her in Washington D.C.if you are strong enough to do so.

God Bless & Help You.

Love Max aka Guest

Anonymous

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 02:38 pm
Why do you prefer not to use statistics? TFI does. Claire Borowick does. No reason to take their word for things when you can calculate the numbers yourself. Unless, of course, you want to resort to a non-argument like, "Well, that's your opinion."

A decision to confront Claire Borowick has nothing to do with my personal strength. Why waste time & energy confronting a pathological liar for the umpteenth time? Claire has been confronted on several occasions by a number of people about the veracity of her public statements, and her response is always the same: Deny and obfuscate. If you want to hold her up as a credible source of information about TFI's history, maybe you should get to know a few of the people whose lives have been permanently damaged by her bold-faced lies, denials, and coverups. Better yet, learn how to do your own statistics and determine for yourself whether her claims about TFI's sociology of suicides are correct.

1. xFamily
  2. » General
  3. » Save us all from bad ideas!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 05:10:45