Greetings

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 08:16 pm
Greetings. I'm a student at uni, taking mathematical logic and some other jazz this semester. I'm a Wittgensteinian.

My blog is at A weedy florilegium. It's really quite worthless. It's really just a repository for my rambling and nonsense, but if you're interested, etc.

Theaetetus

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 08:26 pm
@nerdfiles,
Welcome to the forum nerdfiles. I stopped over at your blog, saw the KTB (I know it as the JTB--justified true belief) and Gettier-cases and stopped. I took an epistemology class that hit on the subject, and my class mates drove me mad from that point on. I did look on and it looks rather interesting. You may have just inspired me to start posting notes and summaries on a blog as I go through my classes. Anyway, feel free to join in on a discussion currently in progress or throw out some new food for thought.

nerdfiles

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 08:31 pm
@Theaetetus,
Excellent. Glad to have passed off the idea of posting class notes to a blog. I'm not really sure of the benefit of it myself, other than having an easy note/archive system.

But yes, the Gettier problem does capture much of my attention. JTB is the popular definition of knowledge. My initialism is more a play on words of the "JTB" initialism. Since my thesis is "Knowledge is True Belief" I figured I'd use "KTB" to stand for "Knowledge as True Belief."

Thanks for the warm greeting.

Justin

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 08:44 pm
@nerdfiles,
Welcome nerdfiles! Great blog. Feel free to add it to your signature. Anyway, warm welcome and hope you enjoy the community!

boagie

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 10:16 pm
@nerdfiles,
Welcome nerdfiles,Smile

Glad to have you with us, you sound an interest chap, see you on the boards!!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 05:10:30