Hi

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 05:34 pm
Hi,
not particularly interested in logic and complex formulation because it doesn't allow for ambiguity or ambivalence, nevertheless, of mind and existential thought, are the reasons i plan to post.

To debate!!

ciao

VideCorSpoon

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 06:35 pm
@illiades,
Welcome illiades!

Sorry to hear you are not a fan of logic... its a fun subject when you get into it. But enjoy the forum, and I guess you'll particularly enjoy the epistemology and existentialism sections! What existentialist or epistemologists are you interested in?

Didymos Thomas

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 08:34 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
Welcome to the forums!

illiades

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 11:04 pm
@illiades,
Hi VideCorSpoon,
Sartre, Camus et al are my particular interest, eh.

Thanks for the welcome,

jgweed

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 09:33 am
@illiades,
Some existentialists, Sartre and Heidegger for example, are capable of very complex formulations of their attempts to clarify the human condition, and find ways to allow for ambiguity to co-exist with logical thinking and constructions. Even though situations can be highly ambiguous, our thinking about them seems to demand clarity and a certain amount of complexity if we are to understand them, or so it seems to this existentialist.
Welcome to the Philforum!
John

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:42:15