I'm probably more excited than I should be

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » I'm probably more excited than I should be

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Aphoric

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 12:12 am
Sooooo recently I've been getting pretty heavily into philosophy. I've always been a fan, and have taken part in small scale philosophical conversations for ages. Recently though, I've started intensive study of different schools of philosophy and different individual philosophers. It's all very new and exciting, but I've currently no one to share it with. The only other forum I even visit is primarily a hip-hop forum, where nobody gives a **** about whether essence precedes existence, nor does anyone care to offer a thoughtful response to one's musings on perception. So i made the conscious decision to find a forum devoted to just that, and here I am. I'm looking forward to learning a lot, discussing a lot, and getting super pissed and screaming at my computer a lot. :a-ok:

woohoo!

Justin

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 12:16 am
@Aphoric,
Buy a mac and save yourself the screaming at the computer. LOL. Warm welcome to you Aphoric! You have good reason to be excited about finding a forum to discuss philosophy and it just so happens that you landed on the best one, (little biased). Smile

Needless to say, please make yourself at home and enjoy this community. Each of us have come here for similar reason as yourself so your amongst friends. Enjoy!

boagie

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 05:49 am
@Aphoric,
Aphoric,Smile

Welcome to the forum, your just the kind of guy this place was made for, you'll feel at home in no time. We are most pleased to have you with us Aphoric. Boagie

VideCorSpoon

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 07:50 am
@boagie,
This has been a paid service announcement for people that don't care by people who seem to care but not really.

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 09:06 am
@Aphoric,
Welcome to the forums Aphoric. You have found the proper place on the Internets for philosophical discussion. Dive right in and enjoy the discourse!

jgweed

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 10:13 am
@Aphoric,
As a forum dedicated to philosophical discussion, thoughtful responses and thoughtful posts are the goals of those who participate. Many of us share an enthusiasm for philosophy and take it very seriously as the pre-eminant (not pre-eminem) guide to life.
Having found a spiritual and intellectual home here, your participation can only increase your own active thinking.
Welcome to the Philforums!
Regards,
John

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » I'm probably more excited than I should be
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 10:13:30