美是如何产生的?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

platorepublic

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 08:06 am
@lixunzhe,
Lol = Chinese language noobs - stop using translations.

This thread is about how is beauty created?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 08:55 am
@platorepublic,

mark noble

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 10:07 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Hi All,

Can someone explain to me what the heck you are all talking about? I feel I've thrown away three whole minutes reading this thread. And, if I ever encounter one filled with silly boxes again, I'm going to waste another three minutes.
So please tell me why? Or have I missed something?

Thank you, be merry and explain.

Mark...

mister kitten

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 11:31 am
@lixunzhe,
Yeah, please offer understandable translations.
Forum rules say:
Quote:
All posts must be written in English.
Philosophy Forum - Forum Rules

Deckard

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 01:28 pm
@platorepublic,
platorepublic;173792 wrote:
Lol = Chinese language noobs - stop using translations.

This thread is about how is beauty created?

And oddly you don't take the time to provide a full translation. People might think you don't know much Chinese but are just pretending to.

TuringEquivalent

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 02:54 pm
@Deckard,
This forum can be a motivation to learn English....

lixunzhe

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 08:19 am
@lixunzhe,
The beautiful feeling will happen during the human being's comparation,what are the purpose and reason of this kind of behavior?Does it just for feeling?

---------- Post added 06-07-2010 at 10:27 PM ----------

I think human being's feeling to the beauty has special meaning,which is a expexcting secret.It can't just be a kind of feeling,it must has some deep

mark noble

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 08:38 am
@lixunzhe,
lixunzhe;174206 wrote:
The beautiful feeling will happen during the human being's comparation,what are the purpose and reason of this kind of behavior?Does it just for feeling?

I think human being's feeling to the beauty has special meaning,which is a expexcting secret.It can't just be a kind of feeling,it must has some deep

Hi Lixunzhe,

I can see you're having problems with english (I'm sure it will develop with time), but what are you talking about, regarding the little squares? If it is, indeed, to simply express your creative ability, then say so.
Is it just a mind-game to attract attention?

Anyway, good luck with the english, and have a great day.

Mark...

Deckard

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 12:53 pm
@lixunzhe,
lixunzhe;174206 wrote:

Are you saying that beautiful is recognized only by contrasting something beautiful with something ugly?

What does "expexcting secret" mean?

Zetherin

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 12:56 pm
@lixunzhe,
lixunzhe;174206 wrote:

Why do humans compare other humans, based on aesthetics? Well, I suppose there are many reasons. I'm sure sociologists/psychologists have delved into this quite a bit.

Quote:

Nope, nothing deep. Well, at least probably not the sort of deep you're thinking of.

Deckard

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 01:00 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin;174299 wrote:
Why do humans compare other humans, based on aesthetics? Well, I suppose there are many reasons. I'm sure sociologists/psychologists have delved into this quite a bit.

Nope, nothing deep. Well, at least probably not the sort of deep you're thinking of.

Comparing humans on an aesthetic scale could be reduced to a function of sexual selection. But this would not explain why a tree or a sunrise or the song of a bird etc. can produce the same or similar recognition of the beautiful.

Zetherin

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 01:02 pm
@Deckard,
Deckard;174301 wrote:
Comparing humans on an aesthetic scale could be reduced to a function of sexual selection. But this would not explain why a tree or a sunrise or the song of a bird etc. can produce the same or similar recognition of the beautiful.

Well, I wouldn't say it's merely a function of sexual selection. Sure, it's probable there's a primordial sense there. But, as you know, sometimes we can even admire humans of the same gender, even though we aren't attracted to that gender. As you note, there are a wide variety of things which we recognize beauty in.

What exactly are you looking to have explained?

Deckard

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 01:13 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin;174299 wrote:

Can you explain any more what you said here. If shallow how so? If deep in some other way how so?

Zetherin

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 01:17 pm
@Deckard,
Deckard;174308 wrote:
Can you explain any more what you said here. If shallow how so? If deep in some other way how so?

Well, it's deep insofar as it's wonderful we have the ability to reason out these complex emotions and experiences. But it's not deep insofar as our being able to reason out these complex emotions and experiences is anything mystical. There's nothing mystical about what's going on, but I'll agree it's wonderful.

I just say this because people tend to overstate and get very emotional when there's a discussion about human experience (including things like perceiving beauty). Yes, it's great we can experience all these wonderful things, but let's not start getting grandiose. Know what I mean?

Deckard

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 04:38 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin;174310 wrote:
Well, it's deep insofar as it's wonderful we have the ability to reason out these complex emotions and experiences. But it's not deep insofar as our being able to reason out these complex emotions and experiences is anything mystical. There's nothing mystical about what's going on, but I'll agree it's wonderful.

I just say this because people tend to overstate and get very emotional when there's a discussion about human experience (including things like perceiving beauty). Yes, it's great we can experience all these wonderful things, but let's not start getting grandiose. Know what I mean?

Well sort of, but part of experiencing beauty is to be influenced by it on a level that is not merely sensual or merely cerebral though perhaps, as Schiller believed, somewhere in between the two. The aesthetic sense acts as a bridge.

For me the experience of seeing, hearing etc. something beautiful is an experience of clarity and focus. It is similar to the feeling that accompanies being convinced, of say, a line of reasoning or a logical proof. This is similar again to Schiller's idea as outlined in Letters On the Aesethetic Education of Man. In inevitably drop Schiller's name whenever the conversation turns to "What is Beauty?" Would you call Schiller mystical?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/27/2024 at 12:43:41