Most Beautiful Place in the World

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Zetherin

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2009 07:35 pm
@Holiday20310401,
In all honesty, I'm going to go with my toilet.

There are just so many extraordinary sights you can see from a varied diet after expelling excrement. Objects of all shapes and sizes, colors, patterns. It's nearly an autonomous art-form, a natural wonderment I get to witness 2-3 times daily. I've been to Greece, Turkey, Croatia, Italy, nearly every island in the Caribbean, Switzerland, Germany, Morocco, Spain, Portugal, and many states in the U.S, but really nothing compares to the setting my digestive system is able to create each and every day.

Doobah47

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 03:05 pm
@Zetherin,
The most beautiful place in the world...? Ha, that would be behind a telescope in a very dark place looking up at the Helix Nebula...
File:NGC7293 (2004).jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hammersklavier

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 02:31 pm
@Holiday20310401,
What makes the Helix Nebula
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b1/NGC7293_(2004).jpg
more dazzling than the Catseye Nebula
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/astro/astpic/catseye.jpg?

And for that matter, what makes either more beautiful than Ganoga Falls?
http://www.naturalmoment.com/images/water/Ganoga-Falls_200445-17.jpg

Bones-O

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 02:39 pm
@hammersklavier,
hammersklavier wrote:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b1/NGC7293_%282004%29.jpg

Two of these side-by-side... that would freak you out. :shocked:

Doobah47

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 04:09 pm
@Bones-O,
I meant it as a double entendre - the most beautiful place on earth is anywhere looking out, and the Helix Nebula looks more like an eye (that what does the observing of the beautiful) than the others, although one is actually named the 'Cat's Eye' apparently.

To be fair, it was a slightly smart-**** thing to be saying, and I do have many millions of favourite views in/from this wonderful planet - my current favourite book is a picture book of space though; massive it is, and colourful.

Bones-O

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 01:22 pm
@Doobah47,
Doobah47 wrote:
I meant it as a double entendre - the most beautiful place on earth is anywhere looking out, and the Helix Nebula looks more like an eye (that what does the observing of the beautiful) than the others, although one is actually named the 'Cat's Eye' apparently.

To be fair, it was a slightly smart-**** thing to be saying, and I do have many millions of favourite views in/from this wonderful planet - my current favourite book is a picture book of space though; massive it is, and colourful.

I wasn't dissing it mate. Full marks for original thinking. Why do we have to be where the beauty is to appreciate it? Although I suppose taking that to its absurd yet logical conclusion we'd just sit around watching beautiful things on TV and never go anywhere.

salima

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 07:13 pm
@Holiday20310401,
wanted to delete my post because it is replying to a really old thread but i dont see any delete button.

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 11:58 pm
@Holiday20310401,
I could delete it for you if you would like. You have no need to worry about responding to old posts, because many of them--such as this one--still remain very relevant. But if you would like to delete a post for some reason, just let a moderator know in a PM and they could take care of it for you.

As I said, the most beautiful place in the world is very context sensitive. No one would call Lake Michigan in Milwaukee the most beautiful place in the world, but when there is a full moon on a clear night, it is easily the most beautiful place in the world at that moment if you are there to witness it.

salima

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 01:37 am
@Holiday20310401,
heck i used to sit by the shore of lake erie on my lunch hour and that was beautiful to me at the time too...some people here in india ask me why i think it is beautiful when there is garbage everywhere and america is so clean. i said 'america has litter and garbage too, but yours is more beautiful to me.'

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 06:56 am
@Holiday20310401,
I often joke around that Milwaukee's official flower is rotting plastic.

salima

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 08:45 am
@Holiday20310401,
that's ok-lake erie once caught fire it was so polluted...

Elmud

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 03:04 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401;19485 wrote:
Seeing that I haven't left the Toronto area except the small amount of time I spent in Washington I have not seen much of the world and I hope to have a career involving that sort of thing, travel and change seems appealing.

The most beautiful place I have seen and can appreciate the most is definitely The Cascade Mountains. Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, Levenworth. All great places to visit. Though this was when I was very little it was the closest place I got that gave the feeling of complete liberty away from society, b/c to me the point of a holiday is to be away from rules, laws, hypocrisy, petty problems, droning schedules, insomnia, interdependence upon other people. One needs to see what the world is like in all its colours in order to know why go through normal lifestyle to begin with.

Hiking Mt. Rainier was the best way even though I was only in grade two. Yet these places are easier to remember than the average day b/c we want to remember what can be made the least connections of to the normative life.

What was your favourite place you've been to and why?:cool:
I was very young. About nineteen.Was driving towards a town called San Luis Abisbo, (check the spelling), on the coastline of California. there was this little town, Santa Maria I believe. Pretty place. I like the smell of the ocean breezes.

Lily

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2009 03:29 am
@Holiday20310401,
My favourite places in the world is a small town along the east coast of Norway and a small island outside Borneo. I like to be close to the ocean, the smell of it and bathing and snorkeling in it. The small town is so cosy and the small island is like a lost part of paradise.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 09:52:04