A new definition and demystification of art.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Aesthetics
  3. » A new definition and demystification of art.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 07:28 am
Visions of concepts,emerge from the collective unconscious, and concepts- created by philosophers- raise collective-universal- consciousness,because concepts are bearers of meaning,and so,independent of language.

GoshisDead

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 03:26 pm
@diamantis,
And in order to communicate said concepts in a non-interpretational manner subject to language again

Doobah47

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 05:23 pm
@GoshisDead,
How about this: ?

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/doobah/Flame1.jpg

nameless

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 02:54 pm
@Doobah47,
Doobah47;17502 wrote:
How about this: ?

Doob, is this your work?

nameless

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 03:17 pm
@diamantis,
diamantis;17463 wrote:
Visions of concepts,

'Visions' = 'Concepts', from here.

Quote:
emerge from the collective unconscious,

If there is such a thing...
I see it as, (if forced to make this arbitrary distinction between 'consciousness' and 'unconsciousness', which I don't..), individual awareness/Perspective is a necessarily limited thing. To one extent or another... In which case, the 'sum' of all possible Perspectives would be a 'collective Superconsciousness', a complete ..Whole? Perhaps. Besides, how can 'un-Consciousness' possibly exist? (But, I guess that that would be for another discussion..)

Quote:
and concepts- created by philosophers-

- and garbage men and housewives and children and scientists and mystics and...

Quote:
raise collective-universal- consciousness,

If there is such a thing as a 'collective universal Consciousness', by very definition would it not be complete in itself? Needing nor lacking? Hence cannot be 'raised'.

Quote:
because concepts are bearers of meaning,

"'Thoughts' are where 'meaning' is found by 'thoughts'; a very insular loop..."[/I] - Book of Fudd (21:12)
Our 'concepts' are our 'world-view', our 'reality', moment to moment.

Quote:
and so,independent of language.

Language, another aspect of 'thought'...

Perhaps art is a feature of communication/comprehension loop, a 'oneness' of subject object distinction disolution, a transcendence of ego, on an empathic (non-rational) level (as a feature of a communication/communion on an empathic level), an additive merging of Perspectives? The 'sum' being greater than the components?
... and more.

"First Law of Soul Dynamics; 'For every Perspective, there is an equal and opposite Perspective'." -Book of Fudd (1:1)

Peace

Doobah47

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 03:28 pm
@nameless,
Yea, that is my work. I made the raw material a while ago, and now I just mess around with photoshop juxtaposing the parts and playing with symmetry.

I should probably say that I agree with the second post, art is not possible to linguistically contextualize (unless the context is explanation of figurative events, eg person A there, tree X there, but I think this figurative genre of art is finished with in commercial/popular fields).

nameless

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 12:44 am
@Doobah47,
^^^ Nice work! I like the symmetry and juxtaposition of textures. Held at a distance by the 'scary' spiky sharps yet the softer forms hold out a seductive hand.
Perhaps a bit busy, though, which seems to 'dilute' some of the impact, as does that there is no place for the eye to return and rest for a moment, before being teased out again. It is art that makes life bearable, no? Thanks for sharing yours.
Peace

Doobah47

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 09:34 pm
@nameless,
To be honest, I think the joy of creativity (whether audience or artist) is a fundamental factor in the ability of animal life to continue living through suffering and fear. Alot of people have some kind of desire for their experience in life to stop, be gone and no more, but relatively few people satiate this desire - for many suicide or death is unattractive: Why?
Maybe it is due to a deeper, more potent desire to experience more, and to continue learning.

I think it is obvious that the first statement (experience more) is a fundamental aspect of the individual's desire to avoid death, but it is also a fundamental factor in an individual's desire to kill another; perhaps an ideology required an individual to disappear, in this case the murder is committed in order for the killer to experience a life unaltered by the dead individual. Another scenario is the killing of another by a youth who seeks fame and fortune - the drugs/music/media industry is founded upon localized distribution rights - influences are fed to a youth which seems to decide that rebel warfare, relevant to possessions or locality or offence (among other factors of course), is attractive and beneficial; if the youths do not consider gang-type street life either attractive or beneficial then as a society we must consider the sanity of these youths compared to the effect of peer pressure - are they merely coerced during developmental stages into dressing, talking and socializing in certain ways?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Aesthetics
  3. » A new definition and demystification of art.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 11:08:10