Pictures

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Lancelot phil

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 08:34 am
@mr4v0,
Many thanks for your warm reply. I wish you all the best on your path of gathering experience. Follow your passion and you will succeed in life.

mrutkaus

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 06:01 am
@mr4v0,
Well...perhaps the edited course makes it easier for you to find the one paragraph that you need?

Mike

mr4v0

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 02:02 pm
@mrutkaus,
Hm, you might be right. I don't know, because I haven't seen any other edition.

greets!

mrutkaus

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 02:06 pm
@mr4v0,
The original course (?) which I studied in the '80s was er.... somewhat dense. Being a Technical Writer by trade, I know the value of editing.

There is some joke somewhere about pricing a 100 page description at $100 and a 50-page description at $1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike, trying to equally balance my interchanges

mr4v0

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 02:14 pm
@mrutkaus,
Ha ha, true, true. That's why I like pictures. Call me dumb, but I can't quite imagine things if there is not a good picture with it. Well maybe I'm exaggerating, but pictures are really important for me, especialy in texts like these. I know, cause every text I read in last 7 years was of technical nature, most of them without pictures, with many (huge) equations. Wink

greets!

herman phil

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 06:39 pm
@mr4v0,
They University used single spacing on the pages for the 4th Edition. The 3rd edition is double spaced. Therefore, the 4th Edition is about 500 pages and the 3rd Edition is almost 1,000 pages.

mr4v0

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 03:53 am
@herman phil,
Thanks again, Herman. But we are again talking about text spacing and font size. I already wrote that I'd like to see the missing pictures, and I think there are quite a few...

Best regards.

esaruoho

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 06:10 am
@mr4v0,
i think it would be beneficial to get all the home study course images available, from all editions, in the various qualities and formats, at 600dpi. what say you?

mrutkaus

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 06:19 am
@esaruoho,
I saw somewhere on the web "The Age of Innocence" a Walter Russell book with illustrations, available in PDF format, but couldn't successfully download it perhaps because of my dial up connection.

Mike

mr4v0

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 01:15 pm
@esaruoho,
esaruoho wrote:
i think it would be beneficial to get all the home study course images available, from all editions, in the various qualities and formats, at 600dpi. what say you?

Sure, I'm even for making a digital library of Dr.Russell's works. But I guess we would be violating copyright laws.

esaruoho

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 01:45 am
@mrutkaus,
mrutkaus wrote:
I saw somewhere on the web "The Age of Innocence" a Walter Russell book with illustrations, available in PDF format, but couldn't successfully download it perhaps because of my dial up connection.
Mike

i have been hunting down for this via google searches (filetype:pdf "walter russell" -mead -brain -meade) and have not yet found the book itself, ive found lots of mentions of russell tho.

esaruoho

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 01:49 am
@mr4v0,
oh, well, best forget about it then.. russell obviously cared more about copyright laws than about the knowledge:D

mr4v0

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 03:43 am
@esaruoho,
esa, maybe you can try googlepirate.com :p I honestly don't know if it's any different than google search, but you can try your luck.

mrutkaus

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 04:18 am
@mr4v0,
Here it is on google books:

The Age of Innocence - Google Book Search

I did download it, it is a whimsical children's book with lots of illustrations.

Mike

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:27:25