Pictures

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

mr4v0

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 08:05 am
Hello all,
could someone please tell me where are this pics from (or where can I find them... books, scripts etc.):
http://www.philosophy.org/images/zoom/scientific/837.jpghttp://www.philosophy.org/images/zoom/scientific/91.jpghttp://www.philosophy.org/images/zoom/scientific/97.jpg
Thanks!

Emerald King

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 05:34 pm
@mr4v0,
Hello Mr4v0,

I have not read many of Walter's books yet and I am sure these pictures are in his books but I have read this book which is written by Timothy A. Binder and it summarizes/explains the concepts around this pictures

In the Wave Lies the Secret of Creation

The name of the book is "In the Wave lies the secret of creation"

EK

boagie

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 05:40 pm
@Emerald King,
Yeah!Smile

On Truth and Reality: Philosophy Physics Metaphysics of Space, Wave Structure Matter. Famous Science Art Quotes

esaruoho

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 12:36 am
@mr4v0,
the first black and white image is supposedly from an edition of the home study course. maybe!
the two other, coloured images were only published in "in the wave lies the secret of creation"..

ThouAreThat

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 01:48 am
@esaruoho,
Hi mr4v0, I can only answer part of your question with certainty about Figure 71, your first image. You can find it on page 837, unit 11, lesson number 44 of the "Universal Law, Natural Science And Living Philosophy by Walter and Lao Russell , "A Home Study Course of The Science of Man", third edition (revised and expanded)".

mr4v0

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 04:03 am
@ThouAreThat,
Thanks for your replies. My HSC has only 520 pages and no pictures in lesson 44. So what's this then? There is a HSC with 800+ pages?:confused:

esaruoho

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 06:28 pm
@mr4v0,
mr4v0 wrote:
Thanks for your replies. My HSC has only 520 pages and no pictures in lesson 44. So what's this then? There is a HSC with 800+ pages?:confused:

does yours have 12 units?

mr4v0

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 07:53 am
@esaruoho,
Yes, 12 units, 520 pages. It says so on the website also. This the first time I heard of HSC with 800 pages.

esaruoho

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 07:56 am
@mr4v0,
can you look into what the printing + publishing year of the HSC is?
home study course edition 1 is ~900 pages, afaik, home study course edition 3 should be about as much, not sure if "the course in cosmic consciousness" is somehow shorter, it could be, it seems it uses a different typeset (laara lindo / yakimura thingy, 4th edition, currently being sold at usp)

mr4v0

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 08:52 am
@esaruoho,
It says copyright 2001, it's Yakamura / Lindo edition. So I got scamed. And to think I actually paid for it...:mad:

esaruoho

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 08:57 am
@mr4v0,
it could be because of the different type-face that it has been compressed down. it is hard to say. you could of course write the last sentence of the last unit, and then i could consult and see if HSC edition#1 has the same sentence or sommat. it will probably do, but i hear the 3rd edition is better than the yakamura/lindo correction/explanation one.

mr4v0

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 09:02 am
@esaruoho,
It's not so much about the text, I'd like my pictures please.

The last line of text is: "To Thee, O Father /../ all else but Light of Thee."

The last line could be the same in all of the editions, but some text & pics from other units might be missing. I mean 900+ pages are now down to 520. Beacuse of different font? Yeah, sure...Sad

esaruoho

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 09:06 am
@mr4v0,
well, the text on the first edition is rumoured to be type-writer with a large font, and one lineof space between every line of text. ive looked at the 3rd, or was it 4th edition that i found somewhere, and that had a variable-size font and seemed much more toned down. in fact, i didnt like it at all! type-writer text with blocky letters is more effective Smile

i too would love to see all the images used in all of everything, as long as its the original non-corrected 3rd edition, maybe even released as a 5th edition? that would be nice Smile

Lancelot phil

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 10:50 pm
@mr4v0,
Hi,

I have the 3rd edition - copyrighted 1962 - with 12 Units comprising 48 lessons in a total of 933 pages. The typewritten text has double-spaced lines with what looks like Times Roman font.

Hope this helps to clarify your question.

mr4v0

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 09:04 am
@Lancelot phil,
It might, it depends what pictures do you have. I don't know why some pictures were taken out in the first place.

esaruoho

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 09:44 am
@mr4v0,
some of those scientific images were drawn in 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961 and even 1962 i think. the third edition was released around 1960s, and thus would contain those. im not sure what the course in cosmic consciousness contains, having never seen it, or paid attention to it.
hmm.

Lancelot phil

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 09:48 am
@mr4v0,
Greetings, mr4v0:

Thanks for your reply!
There are 73 pictures in the course I have (3rd edition) but they are not suitable for reproduction I am afraid.

L.

mr4v0

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 09:52 am
@Lancelot phil,
I wasn't even thinking about that. It just saddens me when some pics are missing.

greets

Lancelot phil

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 01:54 pm
@mr4v0,
Thanks for replying!

Yes - there should be consistency from customer to customer and over the years, the product (the homestudy course) should have become better instead of (what you perceive as) less complete.

But I find the whole course a little simplistic and lacking the kind of detail a true scholar would look for. It is not a springboard to discovery unless one has far greater cross dimensional knowledge of harmonics, music, electronics, magnetism, zero point paradigms and I could go on. If one stays strictly with Russellian teachings then one can go far but one can also get side-tracked by inaccuracies (erroneous or incomplete interpretations of what in essence may be quite true).

Keep going - persistence will pay off one day.

mr4v0

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 02:32 am
@Lancelot phil,
Yes, exactly your words are what I'm thinking also. Well I'm not taking the Russell stuff as a holy grail. I have seen a lot in my years on a path to knowledge. :rolleyes: And since I'm a student (soon no more, really hope so) of electrics and have some intro to harmonics etc, etc, etc, I find this all as a nice lid on top of things. I'm sticking with W.R. because it feels ok, some of his words keep resonating in my head. And after all, he gave me some answers my professors can't... or won't.

greets

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 07/27/2024 at 08:14:28