Biomedical Ethics - Position paper topics (help!) :)

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Aedes

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 07:53 pm
@paisleypea,
Conceiving of horrors is different than witnessing them. It's all abstract until you look in the face of even one suffering person. The fact that we know we can do something like that Holocaust makes us look inward, soul-search. It changes our baseline. Even some of the administrators and designers of the Holocaust, like Himmler and Eichmann, vomited and fell ill when witnessing massacres and gassings. Reality trumps theory.

Caroline

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 08:04 pm
@paisleypea,
Yes i know there were germans who tried to go against Hitler but were executed if they did not carry out his orders, one soldier could not do what the others were doing to the jews and he was subsequently gased. One can only imagine the horrors, it sickens me just thinking about it.

I stumbeld across some torture videos by accident on youtube concerning hussain, i tell you it makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it, i wish i never watched, i knew i shouldn't have but i wanted to face it, i mean i read alot about the horrors he did to his own people but watching it was something else,i havent been back since i dont think i wii either.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 08:18:35