The End Of Repentance

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

mark noble

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 05:48 am
@dpmartin,
Hi Dp,
Good reply, I thank you, indeed.
You appear to be of the ilk that accept 'free-will'. A friend of mine, a devout christian, and I, regularly converse of God (according to biblical representation) and are confonted so often by conflicting statements. Mark (my friend) searches the actual meanings of words and phrases as they originally were documented, in their original tongue and through the societal-mindset of those involved.
How do you interpret (All Acts) - "By Him, For Him, Through Him"? Do you interpret this as literal or symbolic? And do you perceive the biblical text as entirely literal or entirely symbolic?
Thank you Dp, hope I'm not being to much of a pest?
Best wishes.
Mark...

Setanta

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 06:13 am
The level of delusion here is breathtaking. I didn't read every response word for word, however, in skimming them, and stopping to read some in their entirety, it seems that everyone here accepts the premise that there is a deity whose "will" can be deciphered. Absent a demonstration that this is the case, the entire discussion proceeds from a premise which begs a legion of questions. The concept of "repentance" is not a universal human concept. Basically, what we have here is a group of people whose ideas are the product of the Judeo-Christian tradition who are logic-chopping about a putative deity's will.

mark noble

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 07:59 am
@Setanta,
Hi Setanta,
I do not accept this or any other deity, I am neverthless interested in why others do, when there are so many contradictions thereof.
"One man's logical is another man's irrational". What makes your opinion more substantial than that of the next man?
Best wishes.
Mark...

Setanta

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:25 am
@mark noble,
If you just want to know why others think as they do, why don't you just ask them? In the bad old days at this site a few years ago, the religionists would have accused you of laying for them, and then you would have learned what it really means to be attacked for what you have posted. There were religioius wars here, and no one would have appreciated someone posing as you are doing in making a post which suggests that you believe in a god and in the idea of repentance, only to have you turn around and state that you don't.

Absolutely nothing i have written states or implies that my opinion is "more substantial" than anyone else's. Nevertheless, not all opinions are created equal. If you tell me that the sun will begin to "rise" in the west starting tomorrow, your opinion is obviously inferior to those who will refuse to believe you. This site entails frequent and lively debate. That means when you post bullshit, people will come running in shouting: "Bullshit, bullshit ! ! !"

Worst wishes

Have a lousy day

mark noble

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:45 am
@Setanta,
Hi Setanta,
Are you stalking me? tut tut. I have explained on numerous occassions that deitic belief is not mine. maybe if you bothered reading some, if not all the posts, you would realise this. I have had no ill-responses by anybody other than you. Why would anybody wish to go to war with me, when we are all just talking about the differences between ourselves?
You come over here screaming profanities and making accusations aginst what has been a very informative and casual thread (prior to your arrival, that is).
Are you having a bad day? would you like to share it with us, more mature conversationalists, maybe. We are here to listen and to help, as well, you know.
Anyway, I hope you feel better soon.
Mark...

mark noble

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:47 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

If you just want to know why others think as they do, why don't you just ask them?

That's what I'm doing with this thread, Setanta. Can't you tell?
Mark...

Setanta

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:52 am
No, i can't tell that, and i frankly don't believe it. You say that you don't believe in any god, and yet you indulge a silly mind game about scriptural passages in another thread. On that basis, you are clearly being willfully deceitful. I'd say that you "design mischief," in the words of King Charles Stuart.

Setanta

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:55 am
@mark noble,
By the say, i've not screamed anything.

Online . . . THIS IS SCREAMING YOU SILLY WANKER!

See the difference. You are definitely a legend in your own mind. You are not sufficiently important for me to bother screaming. And not only have i not gone to war with you, i assure you this barely rates as a scuffle.

I don't see any maturity at all in your pompous absurdities, and certainly not in your willful practice of deceit.

mark noble

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 09:01 am
@Setanta,
Hi Setanta,
I NEVER said I don't believe in any God at all! I said I have no deitic belief. You really should read more carefully.
The mischeif is with you and you alone, my friend. I have asked 10 questions of people, that they may choose to answer if they wish. I have not implied that I am or am not anything or nothing. Neither have I deceived anyone into believing that I am/not, whatever it is you're implying.
It is a question, nothing more, nothing less.

You have followed me from another thread because you want to continue spreading your ill-will wherever I go.
I don't care. I forgive you for your interventions, but don't you think the people here, myself included, would like to have a bit of normality return to this thread one day?

Do you do this to everyone you can't intimidate? It's awfully rude, you know.
Mark...

mark noble

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 09:05 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
THIS IS SCREAMING YOU SILLY WANKER!

I don't see any maturity at all in your pompous absurdities, and certainly not in your willful practice of deceit.

Hi Setanta,
Welcome to the religious section, thank you for your (above) gesture. How rude.
Do you have anger-management problems?
Mark...

Setanta

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 09:06 am
I'm not following from thread to thread. I have commented in two of your idiotic threads, and that seems to have engendered an irrational paranoia in you.

I see no evidence that you are mature or "deep," although you seem to have this big ego which leads you to say such things. And i consider that you are being deceitful to play games with scripture in which you don't believe. If you insist of your silly terms, having no "deitic" belief precludes you from employing any scripture without first providing the caveat that you don't subscribe to the belief set which includes that scripture.

But you don't do that, you just charge ahead as though you took these subjects seriously. Conversely, if you actually do take these subjects seriously, you are being willfully deceitful in claiming that you have no "deitic" beliefs. Either way, you make yourself out to be a liar, which is neither deep nor mature.

I can visit and comment on any thread i see, whether or not you like it.

Setanta

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 09:10 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
Do you have anger-management problems?
Mark...

No. But that is a common rhetorical tactic of the immature and the insecure. By attempting to suggest that i am angry, you are implicitly suggesting that you are calm and rational, but that i am not. Obviously, nothing could be further from the truth.

Krumple

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 09:24 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
Hi Krumple,
This is not true either, your reference is, but your iterpretation isn't.
Mark Gamson (above ) has the accurate interpretation. He has dug in the deepest of archives, I assure you. It means everything to him to be sure of what it is he worships and exists for.

Yeah your interpretation is accurate and precise as well as correct always?

"And everyone who will speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him."

Pretty clear to me what this says. I guess it needs some outside slant to try and dismiss it or bend it around to say something else right, oh sorry, I mean your correct interpretation of it.

mark noble

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 09:38 am
@Krumple,
Hi Krumple,
Do exscuse me, I've been a bit lost today trying to quell the fury of a ginger dog.
What is this post of yours in relation to? Is it on this thread, I'll have a look.
Do exscuse my terminology also, I generally tend what comes into my mind (absurdity, it seems. According to the dog, anyway.

Thank you for getting back though. I'll just re-read the thread.
Mark...

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:18:25