2. » Christianity
  3. » Quotes by Eminent people on the person of Jesus Christ

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 03:28 am
Removed by alan as requested

ughaibu

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 04:14 am
@Alan McDougall,
What is the point of philosophical interest?

Alan McDougall

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 04:21 am
@ughaibu,
ughaibu;138195 wrote:
What is the point of philosophical interest?

The effect this one life had on humanity over the past two thousand years. Jesus is possibly the most discussed person on any philosophy group.

It is also interesting to read the quotes about him by people that are not in any sense Christian

ughaibu

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 04:27 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;138196 wrote:
The effect this one life had on humanity over the past two thousand years. Jesus is possibly the most discussed person on any philosophy group.

It is also interesting to read the quotes about him by people that are not in any sense Christian
How is this of philosophical interest? Presumably you'd realise how ridiculous this is if I posted a bunch of quotes by famous people who were fans of Celtic F.C., and they would be culled from just over one hundred years.

Alan McDougall

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 05:07 am
@ughaibu,
ughaibu;138197 wrote:
How is this of philosophical interest? Presumably you'd realise how ridiculous this is if I posted a bunch of quotes by famous people who were fans of Celtic F.C., and they would be culled from just over one hundred years.

You compare Jesus Christ the most remarkable influential person in all of human history; with the unknown no bodies of Celtic F. C. come on be rational and comments of the quotes you don't like or disagree with and god forbid some that you do like

ughaibu

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 05:10 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;138201 wrote:
You compare Jesus Christ the most remarkable influential person in all of human history; with the unknown no bodies of Celtic F. C. come on be rational and comments of the quotes you don't like or disagree with and god forbid some that you do like
Okay, so you still haven't pointed to anything in this thread of philosophical interest. There is a Christianity forum for this stuff.

Alan McDougall

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 05:28 am
@ughaibu,
ughaibu;138203 wrote:
Okay, so you still haven't pointed to anything in this thread of philosophical interest. There is a Christianity forum for this stuff.

Man!! Cant you get it; most of the people who made those quotes were/are not Christian and I wanted a non-Christian like you to come in with an intelligent meaningful response

Twirlip

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 06:13 am
@Alan McDougall,
But I'm interested in what you posted, and I read all of it, but I agree with ughaibu that it should have been posted in the Christian forum, because it is evangelising, not philosophising.

Who was the first quotation from, by the way?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Christianity
  3. » Quotes by Eminent people on the person of Jesus Christ
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 05:57:19