Satan

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

alex717

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:36 pm
@ariciunervos,
"Satan to me, embodies humans obsession with persona's who solely pursue and attain pleasure, which is even more relevant in our society today, with the continuant and emergent idolization of "gangsters" such as Al Capone, Gotti, even modern rap cultured gangsters"

", but the wrong-doers themselves are the embodiment of Satan!"

WRONG, THEY ACT AS... OR SUBSTITUTE....
SO!! DING DING DING, i never changed my mind, this is what i always meant, al capone "gangster" personas = "persona's who solely pursue and attain pleasure". it just takes reading what i wrote to answer your questions... you must have gotten lost

alex717

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:44 pm
@William,
William wrote:
Give it a shot. Find something else better to do with your time. There is nothing in this world more valuable than those interchanges you can have with "real people" if they can tear themselves away from their Plasma addictions. Ha.

Later, my friend
William

I don't even have cable.. I just see it everywhere I go... online...on shirts, the people selling drugs on the street corners, outside the stores that sell scar face shirts, young kids thinking selling drugs and staying away from school is the ultimate rush of being live, I mean hell, I'm a therapist, i see it all, grown men, all this motivated me to spurt out my OP, I understand your point. Well given.
Also, i know from my bad typing and purpose lack of care toward grammar usage, that it is easy to speak to me as though im somewhat inexperience or naive, perhaps under-educated, i just never habitualized using correct grammar and punctuation in internet speech, i have written 3 screen plays and just let the editors do the work, im much too sparatic, in my head, and in hand...

William

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 09:11 pm
@alex717,
alex717 wrote:
I don't even have cable.. I just see it everywhere I go... online...on shirts, the people selling drugs on the street corners, outside the stores that sell scar face shirts, young kids thinking selling drugs and staying away from school is the ultimate rush of being live, I mean hell, I'm a therapist, i see it all, grown men, all this motivated me to spurt out my OP, I understand your point. Well given.
Also, i know from my bad typing and purpose lack of care toward grammar usage, that it is easy to speak to me as though im somewhat inexperience or naive, perhaps under-educated, i just never habitualized using correct grammar and punctuation in internet speech, i have written 3 screen plays and just let the editors do the work, im much too sparatic, in my head, and in hand...

Please forgive me if I gave you the impression of being naive. If I did, I'm sorry. I understood clearly what you were saying and when I post I take into consideration "all" who will be addressing it. Never take it personally unless I address you personally and I will do that if I feel I need to. Usually I don't, but there are occasions that I do and there will be no doubt. Don't worry about "spurting", I do it to. Ha. :a-ok:

william

sarek

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:27 am
@alex717,
Satan to me can be best described as embodying those parts of our evolutionary legacy that are turning against us in a world where evolution is powered by the brain rather than the DNA.

We have changed our own fitness landscape in such a way that the old genetic programming is becoming a dangerous liability.
The most important element of this programming is our inborn greed. It served us well among the mammoths of old times, but it will kill us in the modern technological world. That is why we must find a way to renounce it.

That, I believe, is what the Bible is really trying to tell us when speaking of Satan and Sin.

Zogg the Demon

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2009 04:54 am
@alex717,
alex717;30131 wrote:
It seems that his persona lives on through human's own obsession with pleasure. ...

I'm still a junior demon and have not yet tried to temps a human. But I happened to speak with an experienced ex-tempter (the Old Librarian, if you follow my blog), who explained me the role of human pleasure in temptation.

According to this demon, pleasure is never an evil for itself, but for a tempter it can be a useful tool to bring the victim away from the celestial Enemy. In Temptation Depatment, making a human obsessed with pleasure is one of the most recommended methods - mainly because it's easy to implement even for an unexperienced tempter. This method is supported by idolization of "stars" who solely pursue pleasure - idolization which does not come directly from Satan Himself, but actually from Marketing Department. Of course, the general corporate strategy of promoting pleasure does come from Satan (in accordance with the CEO, the Board of Dukes and the GI).

But although obsession with pleasure is current corporate strategy,it is not the only way to bring humans away from the celestial enemy. Obsession with power is another way, or obsession with money, with knowlege, with supposed "virtue", with fame, with hate, even obsession with avoidance of pleasure - in a nutshell, obsession with everything but love. All those obsessions can drive a human away from the enemy and eventually bring his soul down to hell.

A particular amusing variant is obsession with faith, or rather a hateful deformation of: Faith in a god who wants them above all to hate "sinners" or "nonbelievers". I understand there have been some very successful marketing campaigns recently which were based on this idea - particularly in North America and in the middle East. The funny thing with this method is that the humans caught in this trap feel very virtuous and righteous while walking straight towards hell. :devilish:

To resume, obsession with pleasure is not the very essence of Satan, it's only an important part of his actual corporate strategy.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:00:25