An Interesting Take on the Sounds of Falling Trees.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

kennethamy
 
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 12:29 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;76655 wrote:
Yes I knew you were going to say that, then we must make the time etc or obviously things will go wrong.


Why wouldn't I, it is sensible, and true.
 
Caroline
 
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 12:40 pm
@DasTrnegras,
Sensible in the short run but not in the long run, dont you care about the future?
 
kennethamy
 
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 12:45 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;76657 wrote:
Sensible in the short run but not in the long run, dont you care about the future?


Whether or not I do is not the point (and is a red herring). The issue is whether we can do everything at once. The only one I know who thinks we can is Obama, and he will fail if only for that reason.
 
Caroline
 
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 12:50 pm
@DasTrnegras,
How is it a red herring? It is the point or you just mess up the future.
 
kennethamy
 
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 01:11 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;76663 wrote:
How is it a red herring? It is the point or you just mess up the future.


What I care about, or do not care about, has nothing whatever to do with whether everything can be done at the same time. (I am completely in love with the future, if that makes you happier).
 
xris
 
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 02:02 pm
@kennethamy,
Im not going to bother cleaning my teeth tonight because i only have time to comb my hair.Surely having observed the rain forest depletion how can you priorities your feelings.:perplexed:
 
Caroline
 
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 02:02 pm
@DasTrnegras,
I dont care about you keeping me happy, (honestly your opinion is not that important to me), I care about the future and I think we should focus on everything or else what are you going to say 'sorry kids there's no planet because we didnt think it was important.' 'We just didn't have the time nor the patience to be honest.'
 
kennethamy
 
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 02:51 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;76675 wrote:
I dont care about you keeping me happy, (honestly your opinion is not that important to me), I care about the future and I think we should focus on everything or else what are you going to say 'sorry kids there's no planet because we didnt think it was important.' 'We just didn't have the time nor the patience to be honest.'


What has this to do with whether we can do everything at once? And I doubt the planet is disappearing any time soon, so the kids can relax. And so can you. If Al Gore thinks the planet is going to disappear, I'll be over there in a trice, and save you. You have my word.
 
Caroline
 
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 03:41 pm
@DasTrnegras,
Well we could at least stop polluting the planet and cutting down the rainforest, it doesn't take much.
 
kennethamy
 
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 04:31 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;76709 wrote:
Well we could at least stop polluting the planet and cutting down the rainforest, it doesn't take much.


Who is we? I haven't been cutting down the rain forest. And they don't have any in England, do they? It is China, and India, and the third world countries that have been "polluting the planet", and, so far as I can tell, they have refused to enter into treaties that restrict them. Send a letter to the India Times.
Maybe if Al, and Barack go over there together, they'll stop them.Send Gordon too. He's an imposing figure. Make sure they each use a fuel wasting jet plane too.
 
Caroline
 
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 05:09 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;76716 wrote:
] Send a letter to the India Times.
Maybe if Al, and Barack go over there together, they'll stop them.Send Gordon too. He's an imposing figure. Make sure they each use a fuel wasting jet plane too.

Im sure that's going to do a lot of good.
 
kennethamy
 
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 06:04 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;76717 wrote:
Im sure that's going to do a lot of good.


Nothing will do a lot of good, since China and India (and other third world countries) intend to get a piece of the industrial pie, and as soon as possible.
And agreeing to a non-pollution treaty will prevent that. So they will not do so. End of story. And, Al, and Barack, and Gordon, can rant and rave all they like, but unless they are willing to use force, it will be useless. And that is the fact.
 
Caroline
 
Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 03:18 am
@DasTrnegras,
Can they not apply sanctions to these countries that wont enter a treaty, (I dont know, im not an expert in these things).
 
xris
 
Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 03:46 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;76716 wrote:
Who is we? I haven't been cutting down the rain forest. And they don't have any in England, do they? It is China, and India, and the third world countries that have been "polluting the planet", and, so far as I can tell, they have refused to enter into treaties that restrict them. Send a letter to the India Times.
Maybe if Al, and Barack go over there together, they'll stop them.Send Gordon too. He's an imposing figure. Make sure they each use a fuel wasting jet plane too.
Americans per head of population cause more green house gases than any other country including India and china..I think you use 50% more than the Chinese.Its our stupid attitude towards wanting oak doors and mahogany furniture that drives chain saws.We in the west are trying to deny those who think its a luxury to have a fridge climb the ladder out of poverty, while we continue to guzzle our way through the worlds natural resources.
 
Caroline
 
Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 04:38 am
@DasTrnegras,
Dont forget all the fumes that pollute the atmosphere from petrol using vehicles, I mean the whole world, "we", is guilty of that and the only reason the west haven't introduced or enforced electric cars is because the people who have a stake in this industry don't want to.
 
kennethamy
 
Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 06:36 am
@Caroline,
Caroline;76773 wrote:
Dont forget all the fumes that pollute the atmosphere from petrol using vehicles, I mean the whole world, "we", is guilty of that and the only reason the west haven't introduced or enforced electric cars is because the people who have a stake in this industry don't want to.


It will take a lot of carbon fuel to produce the electricity to charge and to run those cars. In fact, I have read that the production of that electricity would produce more carbon emissions than are presently produced by cars .
 
Caroline
 
Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 06:39 am
@DasTrnegras,
You can actually run a car on fuels that dont pollute the atmosphere but thanks for the information.
 
kennethamy
 
Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 06:43 am
@Caroline,
Caroline;76766 wrote:
Can they not apply sanctions to these countries that wont enter a treaty, (I dont know, im not an expert in these things).


I suppose they could. Both China and India are nuclear powers. Both provide markets. The United States is in deep debt to China. And, morally, China and India have a point. They want to become rich nations too.

---------- Post added 07-12-2009 at 08:44 AM ----------

Caroline;76780 wrote:
You can actually run a car on fuels that dont pollute the atmosphere but thanks for the information.


I was talking about the production of electricity.
 
Caroline
 
Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 06:46 am
@DasTrnegras,
My point being Kennethamy there is no excuse, we can switch to much greener fuels.
 
kennethamy
 
Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 06:50 am
@Caroline,
Caroline;76783 wrote:
My point being Kennethamy there is no excuse, we can switch to much greener fuels.
Thank you.


Are those fuels available? Are there many cars that can use them in production? Will China and India be able to afford them. What exactly are those fuels, and how are they made? It takes fuel to make fuel, you know. The second law of Thermodynamics has not been repealed, at least so far as I know. It's always those pesky facts that get into the way of wonderful thoughts, isn't it. Although Al Gore isn't bothered by them. He just gets rid of the facts when they are pesky.
 
 

 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 07/12/2024 at 03:26:25