Truth

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

grasshopper

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 02:57 pm
@glasstrees,
I think reality of your memories is not the whole thing. You experience something, and i experience it too. We both may learn different lessons from it because we are built by our experiences we had before. Since you are not my copy-paste, we probably experienced different things in life. Memory is like a video tape that was recorded by YOU and what you were at the time you have experienced that thing is the prespective of your camera.

glasstrees

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 02:59 pm
@grasshopper,
grasshopper;71825 wrote:
I think reality of your memories is not the whole thing. You experience something, and i experience it too. We both may learn different lessons from it because we are built by our experiences we had before. Since you are not my copy-paste, we probably experienced different things in life. Memory is like a video tape that was recorded by YOU and what you were at the time you have experienced that thing is the prespective of your camera.

How do you know your memories are real and not just implanted in the very moment?

grasshopper

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 03:04 pm
@glasstrees,
How can you seperate yesterday(the date of your experience) and today(memory exists)? Maybe things you think that will happen and what you think that has already happened is happening in the very moment?
We, in order to not to get confused, created past and future.

glasstrees

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 03:10 pm
@grasshopper,
grasshopper;71828 wrote:
How can you seperate yesterday(the date of your experience) and today(memory exists)? Maybe things you think that will happen and what you think that has already happened is happening in the very moment?
We, in order to not to get confused, created past and future.

Wow. That made me think! I havnt thought about that before.

Are memories are a usefull thing for dealing with this very how. They give us accurate information for dealing with this now. But if our memories were different the now would be different becuase It would result in a differnt now for the memories to work in. Our memories and what we know now are what is limiting our reality now? If our memories were of a world where we could fly then our world would match to fit that?

Or do you see it as all they can do is filter the truth for it to be slightly different but we live with duality and what is physical exists objectively to our memories and consciousness?

I like the first one much more.

grasshopper

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 03:19 pm
@glasstrees,
"But if our memories were different the now would be different becuase It would result in a differnt now for the memories to work in. "
That is the point.

Reality is that i experience things. Maybe my future-model or better say 'future me' is already created now and i am just choosing the way i want to get to her. Maybe she will be something i will create now. And when i re-read my sentences i see that both are same things.

If i can, one day, clean my head from the idea of 'today' and see everything as a total, i can answer the question about how different it would be not just to be aware of it but how would i be like?

glasstrees

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 04:22 pm
@grasshopper,
grasshopper;71834 wrote:
"But if our memories were different the now would be different becuase It would result in a differnt now for the memories to work in. "
That is the point.

Reality is that i experience things. Maybe my future-model or better say 'future me' is already created now and i am just choosing the way i want to get to her. Maybe she will be something i will create now. And when i re-read my sentences i see that both are same things.

If i can, one day, clean my head from the idea of 'today' and see everything as a total, i can answer the question about how different it would be not just to be aware of it but how would i be like?

Maybe death is what we need to truely live in the now? This will destroy our physical body and our memories and prejudice. I guess this is like englightenment as Buddhists would say...

Zetherin

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 04:26 pm
@glasstrees,
"Truth" seems to be a metaphor for our desire to understand. Just like "God", said by Joseph Campbell, is a metaphor for that which transcends all levels of intellectual thought.

Most notions we play around with daily are practically elusive, but we carry on like we have clarity and can practically apply them!

Worry not, my friend, you now know the "truth"! Wink

nameless

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 04:27 pm
@gone,
gone;71781 wrote:
Conclusions made through rational thought are beliefs

Fine, but if there are no 'conclusions'?
'Conclusions' ('concluding' thought processes) and 'certainty' ('high belief') are not 'science' or 'philosphy' (critical thought), they are more in the land of 'belief'... religion!
If there are tentatively and temporally accepted probabilities, that are subject to change at any moment (that new data and critical thought might warrant), that is 'thought' not 'belief'.

richrf

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 04:30 pm
@glasstrees,
dwixi;71850 wrote:
Maybe death is what we need to truely live in the now? This will destroy our physical body and our memories and prejudice. I guess this is like englightenment as Buddhists would say...

Hi,

I suspect that death is the way we wipe the slate clean. It is like a bad game of monopoly. Rather than go on and on being shackled by mistakes that were made, this game can end and we can wipe the slate clean and start all over. So death erases physical memories but not skills (what is called inherited characteristics) - just like the skills one learns by playing the same game over and over again. You can start all over again and this time do it a little different.

Of course, this is all ruminations on my part ... :detective:

Rich

glasstrees

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 04:38 pm
@richrf,
richrf;71854 wrote:
Hi,

I suspect that death is the way we wipe the slate clean. It is like a bad game of monopoly. Rather than go on and on being shackled by mistakes that were made, this game can end and we can wipe the slate clean and start all over. So death erases physical memories but not skills (what is called inherited characteristics) - just like the skills one learns by playing the same game over and over again. You can start all over again and this time do it a little different.

Of course, this is all ruminations on my part ... :detective:

Rich

Hmm. The idea of there being a clean slate to me seems silly. Even if bad things happen its just because we see them as bad. we could change what we see as good and bad in a human life. So there would be no need for death. It also doesnt explain why people that would be perfectly happy and feel good living an extra 100 years die.

xris

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 03:29 am
@glasstrees,
dwixi;71859 wrote:
Hmm. The idea of there being a clean slate to me seems silly. Even if bad things happen its just because we see them as bad. we could change what we see as good and bad in a human life. So there would be no need for death. It also doesnt explain why people that would be perfectly happy and feel good living an extra 100 years die.
i love life and my family but we by our nature have to let other generations succeed us.As time goes by and my family grows instead of just worrying about my children, i have numerous grandchildren to concern me.Love can be an awful burden when it carries with it the tribulations of others.If it is a learning experience this life ?how long should we live in one body to learn what we intended?

glasstrees

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 10:00 am
@xris,
xris;72043 wrote:
i love life and my family but we by our nature have to let other generations succeed us.As time goes by and my family grows instead of just worrying about my children, i have numerous grandchildren to concern me.Love can be an awful burden when it carries with it the tribulations of others.If it is a learning experience this life ?how long should we live in one body to learn what we intended?

We could never learn anything in a human life. But thats the great seduction

xris

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 03:56 am
@glasstrees,
dwixi;72121 wrote:
We could never learn anything in a human life. But thats the great seduction
Nothin, nothing at all.That in itself is an enlightened comment,you have learnt something.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:32:20