Knowledge and Desire

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Ragnell

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 04:58 pm
@Electra phil,
Hah...
Well thank you for your kind words.
Here's a question for you, but others can answer if they so desire:
Do you believe that once people panic incessantly, they no longer have much control over themselves? I heard this excuse when asking someone why a man ran straight in front of a car after realizing that he was being chased by others (no, he was not suicidal). When the stage of adrenaline release hits, apparently it takes over what common sense one would otherwise have.
I agree with you on the whole 'don't panic' issue. It is unnecessary, generally causes paroxysm (ooooh, fun word), and clouds judgement. Is there a reason humans seem to panic when disaster 'strikes'? Any words of wisdom on this would be most appreciated.

Electra phil

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 06:47 pm
@Ragnell,
Ragnell wrote:
Hah...
Well thank you for your kind words.
Here's a question for you, but others can answer if they so desire:
Do you believe that once people panic incessantly, they no longer have much control over themselves? I heard this excuse when asking someone why a man ran straight in front of a car after realizing that he was being chased by others (no, he was not suicidal). When the stage of adrenaline release hits, apparently it takes over what common sense one would otherwise have.
I agree with you on the whole 'don't panic' issue. It is unnecessary, generally causes paroxysm (ooooh, fun word), and clouds judgement. Is there a reason humans seem to panic when disaster 'strikes'? Any words of wisdom on this would be most appreciated.

Confused egos think that when disaster strikes it means the end.

I would imagine a very wide awake being type enlightened king of the universe would just watch the manifestation arise and yawn a bit.

We had a fire at work a few months ago, and my reaction to the event was less than becoming. Glad it wasn't on tape.

I am sure martial arts would sharpen my reactions, but I like your big comfy seat and the tea a lot better.

Well, I am going to look up paroxysm now. I am "the smart one" on all my other boards. :p

boagie

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2007 09:01 pm
@Electra phil,
Smile

The source of all sorrow is temporality,desire is the fuel of our aspirations, temporality their undoing.As to the pursuit of knowledge through desire, that is an aspiration,temporality its undoing

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 07:04:13