The number zero

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

platorepublic

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 05:38 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Zero is like so cool, no?

This response would get be banned in the other philosophy forum. But I think (bad, especially dull and bad) humour is always good and healthy in discussions (we can argue about that in another thread).

Reconstructo

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 02:01 pm
@platorepublic,
platorepublic;150084 wrote:
Zero is like so cool, no?

This response would get be banned in the other philosophy forum. But I think (bad, especially dull and bad) humour is always good and healthy in discussions (we can argue about that in another thread).

Yeah, it's pretty damned cool. Last month I read one book about zero and another about infinity. Now, I just need to find a good book about 1, which might be Primal Number.....

platorepublic

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 05:32 pm
@Reconstructo,
Reconstructo;150331 wrote:
Yeah, it's pretty damned cool. Last month I read one book about zero and another about infinity. Now, I just need to find a good book about 1, which might be Primal Number.....

i mean 0 is so cool like 0K when there is no matter.

Can matter actually reach 0K? Don't they have like a zero point energy or something - I forgot!! Someone tell me please!

Reconstructo

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2010 01:30 am
@platorepublic,
platorepublic;150381 wrote:
i mean 0 is so cool like 0K when there is no matter.

Can matter actually reach 0K? Don't they have like a zero point energy or something - I forgot!! Someone tell me please!

Absolute zero is the absence of motion/heat. (Heat is motion). I think on earth we have got pretty close. Then there is the idea of perfect vacuum. I don't know if this is possible. I have read that certain particles appear out of nowhere, only to suddenly vanish. I'm no quantum physicist. It's hearsay from The Dancing Wu Li Masters.

Perhaps these particles don't really "vanish" except to our perception. But what is reality minus perception? (Perception in this "equation" should include all of our thoughts...including thoughts about perception and reality.....) (the rational is real and the real is rational...)

Reconstructo

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2010 03:23 am
@mister kitten,
mister kitten;143281 wrote:
Is zero the middle of infinity?

I like that. Earlier I distinguished. Now I'm just enjoying the stripped down version. Zero as the fulcrum, neither negative nor positive.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:16:06