Deja vu? Figured it out yet?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Metaphysics
  3. » Deja vu? Figured it out yet?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 04:07 pm
Hello fellow thinkers,

Deja vu? What is your interpretation of this somewhat elusive occurence?

Seemingly - The brain either - interprets events that would suggest that the subject can foresee a short distance into the future and observe what is logically unobserveable
Or - slips backwards through time, and relives the few subsequent moments thereafter - for a second time.

Time-travel aside (During this linear progression) - How do you explain it?

I have it to a tee, but seriously wish for your interpretation of said event.

Don't go all "dead philosopher-quoting" either. There is nothing new there.

Thankyou, and may your firstfruits and all fruits ripen moderately.

Mark...

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 01:16 am
@mark noble,
mark noble;159675 wrote:
Hello fellow thinkers,

Seemingly - The brain either - interprets events that would suggest that the subject can foresee a short distance into the future and observe what is logically unobserveable
Or - slips backwards through time, and relives the few subsequent moments thereafter - for a second time.

Mark...

I think it is just our in-ability to multi-task informtion on a rational level; sub-consiously you still function.:poke-eye:

Khethil

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 07:13 am
@mark noble,
I have a hard time believing Deja Vue has anything to do with phenomena outside the brain. If we consider the HUGHE onslaught of stimuli coming to us at any point in time, it strikes me as completely expected that we'd often run across combinations that'll feel or seem familiar. My personal take is that the sensation of Deja Vue hasn't any deeper meaning than this.

But it could be... who, for sure, knows such things?

xris

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 07:31 am
@Khethil,
I had many when young but never have them now. I can remember them having a fantastic effect on me, who really knows their origin.

sometime sun

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 08:01 am
@xris,
Although you raised questions that were not in this thread i thought you might find it useful.
http://www.philosophyforum.com/lounge/general-discussion/6969-de-ja-view.html

salima

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 09:56 am
@mark noble,
i call it memory malfunction-instead of forgetting something, you remember something that never happened before it happens...

but on the other hand, there is a theory that the bigbang is a going round in circle kind of thing that never ends, and we really have lived the same exact life before an infinite number of times and every once in awhile we almost remember. maybe we even expand and contract, so we live our lives forward, then backward, then forward again...a wealth of science fiction out there like that...

HexHammer

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 11:47 am
@mark noble,
Conciouisly we can predict few things outcome with certainty, like sawing the branch which we sits upon, that should be clear what the outcome is.

It is postulated most humans has a savant side, where we have an immense intellect, but maybe this savant side can make subconcious predictions of an outcome.

Drew Tyler

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 12:00 pm
@mark noble,
When experienced by myself I seem to know exactly when it starts, but unsure of when it has actually ended. Certainly something very interesting is happening inside the brain.

mark noble

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 12:07 pm
@xris,
xris;159953 wrote:
I had many when young but never have them now. I can remember them having a fantastic effect on me, who really knows their origin.

Hello xris,

Thankyou for striking the crux of my thread.
My interpretation of this event absolutely demands that no person alive today can possibly have had a genuine experience of deja vu in the past 6 years.
Why this is? I shall reveal at the conclusion of this thread.

Thankyou,
Have a terrific existence.

Mark...

Pangloss

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 12:23 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble;159675 wrote:

A brief lapse of our subjective, limited experience of reality, and a glimpse of what is called the "universal mind".

Oh, and I've had it in the last 6 years...:cool:

mark noble

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 12:24 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;160053 wrote:
Conciouisly we can predict few things outcome with certainty, like sawing the branch which we sits upon, that should be clear what the outcome is.

It is postulated most humans has a savant side, where we have an immense intellect, but maybe this savant side can make subconcious predictions of an outcome.

Hello hexhammer,

Thank you for replying to my thread.
The process involved here has far wider implications than those that stem from the mind's interpretation of likely outcomes to a specific set of given criteria.
My only interest in this subject is to slam the door in its proverbial face once and for all.
Thank you, and farewell.

Mark...

HexHammer

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 12:28 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble;160066 wrote:
The process involved here has far wider implications than those that stem from the mind's interpretation of likely outcomes to a specific set of given criteria.
My only interest in this subject is to slam the door in its proverbial face once and for all.
That may be your agenda, but I seek to enlighten those apsects of the subject as I can.

mark noble

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 12:33 pm
@Pangloss,
Pangloss;160065 wrote:
A brief lapse of our subjective, limited experience of reality, and a glimpse of what is called the "universal mind".

Hello pangloss,

I thank you for your reply.
May I ask whether your recent experience had a dramatic (let's say epiphanic) influence upon you? And was it in a place that you would class as familiar to your daily/weekly life-routine?

Thank you, and farewell

Mark...

mark noble

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 12:41 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;160067 wrote:
That may be your agenda, but I seek to enlighten those apsects of the subject as I can.

Thank you again fellow thinker.

I fully intend to enlighten the matter myself, but not yet. I am waiting for a few more replies that will themselves, when drawn together, add to what I have to say.
I also require a number of replies that state the occurence of said event within the specified (6 year) allotted timeslot, I've provided.

And I only wish to conclude this matter for myself. Other's conclusions are relative to others.

Thank you, and farewell.

Mark...

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 07:20 am
@Pangloss,
Pangloss;160065 wrote:

Innerlijke kracht
Moed
Intuitie

last 12:bigsmile:

salima

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 09:11 am
@mark noble,
mark noble;159675 wrote:
Hello fellow thinkers,

Mark...

what about prophetic dreams? the kind that come true? like knowing you will become someone's lover who you just met and dont even have any attraction for, and then it comes true-or knowing you are going to put your life at risk for someone, and then it happens...

or meeting someone and suddenly being scared to death and wanting to runaway from them, not having any idea why, and then a few months later you marry the sob and he turns out to be a thief and a liar? and you werent able to trust the dream or the gut feeling...like it was unavoidable

but these things were a long time ago-the premonitions were close to when the things happened, like from one to three months though

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 03:01 pm
@salima,
salima;160385 wrote:
what about prophetic dreams? the kind that come true? like knowing you will become someone's lover who you just met and dont even have any attraction for, and then it comes true-or knowing you are going to put your life at risk for someone, and then it happens...

or meeting someone and suddenly being scared to death and wanting to runaway from them, not having any idea why, and then a few months later you marry the sob and he turns out to be a thief and a liar? and you werent able to trust the dream or the gut feeling...like it was unavoidable

but these things were a long time ago-the premonitions were close to when the things happened, like from one to three months though

Laughing
a day would be nice enough
a week could do
a year ?

Next Moment:whistling:Please Sire

:listening:PSweep

mark noble

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 07:17 am
@salima,
salima;160385 wrote:

Hello Salima,

Dreams originate from the developement of conscious experiences interacting with the subconscious state.

The subconscious is normally resigned to the back bedroom, but during sleep our vanities, egos and daily masks are set aside allowing for the true relevant factors to creep through.

May I suggest that before, during and after your dreams you were deeply aware of the lack of love, stability and compassion in your life- therefore pre-empting the onset of said dreams. There is nothing more frequent than dreams of love and companionship in the empty heart. As for the loser you failed to foresee - We each are blinded by the force of attraction. but those who fall and manage to stand again gain strength and wisdom, that is priceless.

Thank you Salima

Mark...

mark gamson

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 07:18 am
@mark noble,
I think its all just a matter of Deja vu. Hang on Iv written this before.

kennethamy

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 07:20 am
@Pangloss,
Pangloss;160065 wrote:

Of course. I wonder why I, and others, have not thought of that! Now you point it out, what could be more obvious? And, what I especially like about your explanation is that it raises no problem of its own. Especially problems greater than those it is supposed to explain.

Good job, Brownie!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Metaphysics
  3. » Deja vu? Figured it out yet?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:47:03