An infinite number of objects and universes

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

setzer9999

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 01:40 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
Firstly, how do you know what the majority opinion is? Do you have a study handy that shows what percentage of the population believes what about the nature of infinity and the many worlds theories? Also, I don't think the topic is cut and dry enough to be closed for debate. Simply stating I'm wrong is of no value whatsoever to the topic at hand, and there are competing theories and uncertainties about just about anything you can name, this included. If you don't want to discuss differing points of view, why bother being on forums for longer than 1 post?

You posed the question with a conditional such that modal realism is truth. I said nothing about what you actually believe, only what you typed.

Abstract objects don't "exist" in nature. If they existed in this form, they would be concrete. Abstract objects only exist as a relationship between reality and the understanding of reality. One cause for them is consciousness. I don't believe there are brute facts. When there seems no further explanation there is always a reciprocal explanation in which at least two things make each the other the case symbiotically. Nothing stands alone.

As for keeping saying that I'm bouncing around like crazy... The bouncing around in this thread has only been recent, and caused by your posts. I've been countering your off topic arguments. The position I state in each post is still about infinity, exploring the outcomes of different lines of reasoning for why it can't be possible for there to be an infinity of actual objects. This has been my intent and position all along. So long as I am discussing the nature of infinity or whether something can be said to be infinite in character, I am quite on topic. The number of actual objects cannot be infinite.

TuringEquivalent

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 04:17 pm
@setzer9999,
setzer9999;172187 wrote:
Firstly, how do you know what the majority opinion is? Do you have a study handy that shows what percentage of the population believes what about the nature of infinity and the many worlds theories?

You are so bad at reading...

I said the majority philosophers opinion is that there is a class of objects, facts that are not caused by anything, or non-causal. Example would be 'brute facts'.

The rest of your comment is wasted.
Quote:

You posed the question with a conditional such that modal realism is truth. I said nothing about what you actually believe, only what you typed.

What i type is the conditional. what you assume is something else all together.

Quote:

Abstract objects don't "exist" in nature. If they existed in this form, they would be concrete. Abstract objects only exist as a relationship between reality and the understanding of reality. One cause for them is consciousness.

Don ` t matter to me if you believe in A.O or not. What i wanted to establish in only that if A.O exist, then A.O is non-causal. Case close.

Quote:

I don't believe there are brute facts. When there seems no further explanation there is always a reciprocal explanation in which at least two things make each the other the case symbiotically. Nothing stands alone.

What the hell is a 'reciprocal explanation'? Did you just made it up or something? I actually do want to know what you have to say about 'brute facts'. According to definition, E is a brute if there is no facts F such that F explains E.

Quote:

As for keeping saying that I'm bouncing around like crazy......

I will say it again...NOT

Here is a recap:

You think infinite numbers of object is impossible, because infinite is not a number. Great. I suggest if modal realism is true, then there are infinite many worlds. We haven` t talk anything about infinite. What we talk about is you objection that worlds cannot be causally isolated. I happen to think causal isolation is perfectly reasonable. The traditional idea is that the worlds are primitives, and thus, requires no further explanation. You go against this tradition. Lets talk.

Factfinder

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2010 11:03 am
@setzer9999,
setzer9999;169669 wrote:
In mathematics,

mathematics suggests bizzare possiblities,i think all we can trust is real physics.

Alan McDougall

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 11:58 pm
Hello Guys,

In my imagination I got trapped on an infinity road, No beginning no end. So on my endless ceaseless journey I constructed barriers like walls to end my journey, but the barriers just then extended out into infinite forever. So to overcome the boredom of my ceaseless travel, I made a paradise to rest in for as long as I like and then countless different paradises and just or fun burning hells to make my lonely life fun

Even God cant be Infinite although he must push on towards it forever!!!!!!!

God

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.38 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:53:42