The implications of a Holographic Universe

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Neil D

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 05:50 pm
@richrf,
Hi Rich,

I was curious actually how much belief you have in this holographic theory. I think about it from time to time. For instance, I was thinking that we dont understand reality/matter at its most fundamental level, which seems tantamount to saying that we really dont know what it is. They think they may find the God Particle/Higgs Boson by smashing protons. But if the universe is a hologram, then the most fundamental particle should be a photon, and a photon actually is a boson.

I have thought numerous times that matter is just a manifestation of energy, light is energy. In Einsteins famous equation energy is referenced on both sides of the equation first as pure energy E, and on the other side as MC^2, mass X the speed of light(energy) squared. Am i mistaken or does this stuff actually fit with a holographic universe.

I havent bothered to re-read any of the posts so excuse me for any redundancy, but i would like to know how much you actually believe in this Holographic Paradigm?

Neil

richrf

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 06:52 pm
@Neil D,
Neil;79882 wrote:
Hi Rich,

I was curious actually how much belief you have in this holographic theory. I think about it from time to time.

Hi Neil,

I think it is a reasonable image of what the universe is all about - i.e. a set of light waves that are forming an image similar to a hologram, which are being interpreted by the mind. Of all the metaphors I can think of, this seems like the most reasonable to me right now.

Quote:
For instance, I was thinking that we dont understand reality/matter at its most fundamental level, which seems tantamount to saying that we really dont know what it is. They think they may find the God Particle/Higgs Boson by smashing protons. But if the universe is a hologram, then the most fundamental particle should be a photon, and a photon actually is a boson.
Yes, this what I also think. In order to understand the universe, there are two things that come to mind:

1) Everything is fundamentally made up of the same stuff.

2) Photons are the most elementary form.

3) There is an entanglement between mind/energy/matter. I consider all of them just a continuum of the same.

Quote:
I have thought numerous times that matter is just a manifestation of energy, light is energy. In Einsteins famous equation energy is referenced on both sides of the equation first as pure energy E, and on the other side as MC^2, mass X the speed of light(energy) squared. Am i mistaken or does this stuff actually fit with a holographic universe.
Yes, the holographic universe very much embraces the notion that energy in the form of light is the basic component, and that patterns are formed by the wave formations of light.

Quote:
I havent bothered to re-read any of the posts so excuse me for any redundancy, but i would like to know how much you actually believe in this Holographic Paradigm?

Neil
I think it is a very interesting line of thought to follow. It will lead in you many directions, and you just follow the yellow brick road. I am sure you will find it quite exciting and revealing. I would also read the three essays by Rupert Sheldrake that are on line. Fascinating.

Happy exploring!

Rich

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 03:07:01