Can photons tell if they are being watched?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Metaphysics
  3. » Can photons tell if they are being watched?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

richrf

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 10:46 pm
Hi everyone,

I have no comment and thoughts about this article which I remember reading a couple of years ago. I just thought I would present a link to it, for those who enjoy reading about Quantum weirdness and spookiness. The article is well written and easy to understand if you have familiarity with the well known double-slit experiment which provides evidence of a photon behaving as both a particle or a wave depending upon how it is being measured (observed). If you are not familiar with this experiment, you might want to Google it prior to reading this article.

Enjoy!

Photons denied a glimpse of their observer - physicsworld.com

Rich

kennethamy

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 06:23 am
@richrf,
richrf;71985 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have no comment and thoughts about this article which I remember reading a couple of years ago. I just thought I would present a link to it, for those who enjoy reading about Quantum weirdness and spookiness. The article is well written and easy to understand if you have familiarity with the well known double-slit experiment which provides evidence of a photon behaving as both a particle or a wave depending upon how it is being measured (observed). If you are not familiar with this experiment, you might want to Google it prior to reading this article.

Enjoy!

Photons denied a glimpse of their observer - physicsworld.com

Rich

http://www.philosophyforum.com/forum/images/ranks/member.gif
Rep Power: 1 http://www.philosophyforum.com/forum/images/PHBlue/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

Can photons tell if they are being watched?

Absolutely. They are the most self-conscious of all the micro-particles. Many of them have had psychotherapy. It must be something genetic.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Metaphysics
  3. » Can photons tell if they are being watched?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:44:01