Mother and Daughter Ethical Considerations

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Khethil

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 08:21 pm
@William,
I think we ought to be careful reading in too much from a short view from a distance. It's nice to kick around the possibilities, but often what we're left with are our interpretations on something that's - in all likelihood - nothing like we think is.

*see tagline below*

Didymos Thomas

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 08:24 pm
@Khethil,
Oh, absolutely - that's why I keep referring to the whole thing as William's narrative or the narrative - might as well be a piece of prose as far as our commentary is concerned.

Jackofalltrades phil

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 04:35 am
@William,
Hi Bill
Tony Blair, ex-PM, recently said 'father is crucial in a family'....or to that effect. Not that i take him for a wise man, its just his recent quote i am using to emphasise all that you are pointing at. Your point is taken.

But, if what you FEEL about the situation is true, than you surely must be a loving father. In this case a stranger too.

However, why do you think a father will be able to do a better job out of it. A 14 year old dressing provocatively is part of the expression of Americanised freedom. Its a part of culture. If therfore someone has to be blamed than that someone has to be the society. In thsi case of course the Government and its laws cannot do much. Bcoz its a social issue.

The mother in this case is obviosuly liberal, and freedom seeking, and possibly promiscous. I am in fact surprised that this scene has offended you ( as a ton of bricks has hit you).

Certainly, from your view-point, this kind of behaviour of both the mother and daughter is unacceptable to you. But tell me, is ethical behaviour taught in American schools or counsuled in PTAs or in the families. I doubt it. I am not generalising. May be things are changing. But the baby boomers (was that the phrase?) generation was high on individual freedom and rights, isn't it?

So, who will bell the cat now, now that it has slipped away!

Labyrinth

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 07:12 am
@Jackofalltrades phil,
Why do we have to be careful? Mistaken opinions are not hurting anyone here. The persons concerned are unnamed. I'm sure we all realize we are looking at the surface as some have already expressed in their posts. It's interesting to see the different takes on this little scene of life.

Caroline

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 11:39 am
@William,
To make a mistake is to learn, you learn from your mistakes, you have to do the right thing, by learning from it, we all have made mistakes but as long as it can be repaired then no real damage done, ok.
Thanks.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 09:57:32